Preferred Package Arrived Today

Old Feb 14, 02, 12:01 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, WN A-List/CP, HH Dia, Hyatt Glob, National ECE, Hertz PC
If you're a CP this year you'll receive your kit this week (or soon, but you get the idea), then you won't receive another kit until February 2003 assuming you qualify for at least Silver.

You don't receive new credentials when you pass that threshold during the year if you're already at least that level. If you go up a level (which a CP can not, since they are already the highest level), then you will receive credentials.
Old Feb 14, 02, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, US LT Silver, AA Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Gold
Got my package yesterday and I agree that it's pretty skimpy. I continue to be puzzled as to how in the heck they come up with the list of CP's who get complimentary Club memberships. I was told that it was the top 2,500 or so based on revenue. But, having flown 123,000 miles last year, I have a hard time believing I wouldn't be in that group. [email protected] the letter you receive with your comp membership detail the reason you were comped? Just curious.
Old Feb 14, 02, 12:27 pm
geo1004

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by romadaro:
I was told that it was the top 2,500 or so based on revenue. But, having flown 123,000 miles last year, I have a hard time believing I wouldn't be in that group. </font>
If that was ALL full fare, you probably are close. I also bet that there are a bunch of CP's who routinely fly 200k a year.

Old Feb 14, 02, 1:04 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by romadaro:
Got my package yesterday and I agree that it's pretty skimpy. </font>
I received my CP packet today. Contained the usual fare as described elsewhere in this post. Credentials and SWU for myself and companion (2 one way's for each).

I find the much toned down packageing to be a smart move on the part of US's marketing dept. I have thought over the past few years that the amount of paper and superior quality is a bit much in terms of cost. I'm sure they were quite pricey to produce. I think this year's package is very attractive and sets a distinctive look and feel to being a CP. Reduce expense where you can and still deliver something nice is fine with me.

I continue to be puzzled as to how in the heck they come up with the list of CP's who get complimentary Club memberships. I was told that it was the top 2,500 or so based on revenue. But, having flown 123,000 miles last year, I have a hard time believing I wouldn't be in that group. [email protected] the letter you receive with your comp membership detail the reason you were comped? Just curious.</font>
romadaro - I received my new club card, exp 2/03, last week with a letter stating "in recognition for the exceptional amount of business with US" (or something like that). I tend to fly full fare so I'm sure that has something to do with it.

------------------
US-CP; UA PE; Hilton Gold VIP; Crowne Plaza Gold
Old Feb 14, 02, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

I found out the deal with the complementary club memberships and the 1 time club passes.

Complementary year club memberships for:
1. Anyone who qualified for Chairman's in
* 1999 for 2000 status AND
* requalified in 2000 for 2001 status AND
* requalified in 2001 for 2002 status at 100,000 miles or 100 segments (NOT the 80 segments or 80,000 miles)
These folks received *another* year of complementary club membership.
I was told that the rationale here is that these folks qualified for Chairmans in 1999 when club membership was an official perk and US Airways does not want to take any perks away.

2. Anyone who flew 150,000 miles or 150 segments in 2001 for 2002 status.

3. Anyone who flew 150,000 miles or 150 segments in 2000 for 2001 status AND then requalified at the 100,000 miles or 100 segments level in 2001 for 2002 status received *another* year of club membership

1 time club passes
1. Anyone who has never had a club membership before. Anyone who had bought a club membership or had received a complementary membership in previous years supposedly knows what the club is like and therefore does not need a 1 time club pass. I was told the purpose of the 1 time club pass is to entice people to join the club and not really a goodwill gesture.

Let me know if this if anyone discovers any of these scenarios not to be true... this is what I was told at the Chairmans Preferred Desk

[This message has been edited by uschpr (edited 02-14-2002).]
Old Feb 14, 02, 1:54 pm
geo1004

Thanks for the info uschpr

Old Feb 14, 02, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, US LT Silver, AA Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Gold
USCHPR-The first set of criteria in your post doesn't pass the acid test. I have been US1 for four years running and got the free club membership the first year, but haven't received it since. Obviously, I flew over 100K the first three years and requalified this year with 123,000 miles flown. In addition, every year, I've qualified for US1 by October. In fact, I've already qualified for Silver for next year with 31,000 miles flown in less than 2 months. Had I not taken four transcons on Continental this year, I'd probably be at the Gold level already. But, I have consciously decided to fly US less and fly Continental more, since I've experienced great service and, at least until US announces a new alliance partner. Between my wife and I, we have over 2 million miles on US and that's way too many on an airline in financial peril. I don't deny that US has been good to me, but we've got too much at stake to keep piling on the miles.
Old Feb 14, 02, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

USCHPR-The first set of criteria in your post doesn't pass the acid test. I have been US1 for four years running and got the free club membership the first year, but haven't received it since. </font>
hmmm... interesting. For the first set of criteria, the VP of marketing told me personally (last year) that this was the criteria. And today, a Chairmans preferred agent actually called the head of the Club Administration marketing dept and confirmed the criteria. So that is two execs that have confirmed that if you qualified in 1999, and you continued to qualify for Chairmans in 2000 and 2001 that you should still be getting a complementary club pass. Perhaps you were somehow overlooked. You might want to give them a call. It was with the 2nd and 3rd criteria that the agent seemed less knowledgeable...

Romadaro, i hope they did in fact make a mistake and that you get a complementary pass
It was a nice perk that I am going to miss

Old Feb 14, 02, 6:50 pm
PHL

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
It appears that the wording of Mike's chat leave a little to be questioned. On one hand, he said those who have membership cards expiring in 2/03 will get new membership kits this year, but he didn't say anything about whether US is creating different types of kits each level. The only people who would have membership cards expiring in 2/03 are those that met the late year challenges, or qualified to a new level.

In another response, he said that all members would receive the same amount of SWUs in the new kits as they got in 2001.

What wasn't clarified(or asked for clarification) was about those who received the SWUs in the late year challenges.

It appears that people here are getting kits with no SWUs. It would appear these are the people who qualified late in the year, got a card expiring 2/03 along with SWUs already.
Old Feb 14, 02, 6:51 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by uschpr:
I found out the deal with the complementary club memberships and the 1 time club passes.

Complementary year club memberships for:
1. Anyone who qualified for Chairman's in
* 1999 for 2000 status AND
* requalified in 2000 for 2001 status AND
* requalified in 2001 for 2002 status at 100,000 miles or 100 segments (NOT the 80 segments or 80,000 miles)
These folks received *another* year of complementary club membership.
I was told that the rationale here is that these folks qualified for Chairmans in 1999 when club membership was an official perk and US Airways does not want to take any perks away.

2. Anyone who flew 150,000 miles or 150 segments in 2001 for 2002 status.

3. Anyone who flew 150,000 miles or 150 segments in 2000 for 2001 status AND then requalified at the 100,000 miles or 100 segments level in 2001 for 2002 status received *another* year of club membership

1 time club passes
1. Anyone who has never had a club membership before. Anyone who had bought a club membership or had received a complementary membership in previous years supposedly knows what the club is like and therefore does not need a 1 time club pass. I was told the purpose of the 1 time club pass is to entice people to join the club and not really a goodwill gesture.

Let me know if this if anyone discovers any of these scenarios not to be true... this is what I was told at the Chairmans Preferred Desk

</font>
USCHPR - Thanks for solving the mystery for me. I think I fit the criteria you outlined above. I actually made CP in 1998 and have maintained it ever since. In addition I have reached Prem Exec with UA in 2000 and 2001. I won't get it this year as I've decided to move my bus from UA to AA but will keep my east coast bus with US. I am sooo disappointed in UA and their removing mainline from ORF. This was the last straw in many serious of poor attempts at service I experienced in flying with them since 2000. I guess you could say that US has spoiled me in F as UA's domestic F never was up to par with US's domestic F even prior to 9/11.

James

------------------
US-CP; UA PE; Hilton Gold VIP; Crowne Plaza Gold
Old Feb 15, 02, 11:42 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Received my kit today. No SWU's.

Made gold in Sep 01 and got SWU's in that package, along with my card valid until 2003.

I did get a club pass though. The deal on my club pass is cool. If you buy a membership using the pass, you get an extra 3 months. I get tempted every so often.

Chris
Old Feb 15, 02, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: statusless these days
GF's SP kit arrived in Canada today (mailed 4 days ago). Haven't gone home to check if my GP kit has arrived.
Old Feb 17, 02, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA Gold, B6 Mosaic, HH Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG Gold Amb.
My Gold kit arrived this week with a different type of Club pass (Maybe it's because I'm already a Club member).

It says:
Give this US Airways Club certificate to your friend or colleague so that they can enjoy a complimentary visit. If they join the US Airways Club by June 30, 2002, we'll give them 2,500 bonus miles. Plus, you'll receive a 5,000-mile referral bonus.

Anyone interested in joining the Club?
Old Feb 19, 02, 1:41 pm

Programs: HH-Gold, MR Platinum
My SP package arrived today. I was pleased, yet somewhat surprised to receive one. Had made GP last year under a challenge with the number of segments for the reduced SP, but I had no segments after 9/11. The package had all the standard goodies and a nice new expiration date of 2/2003.

[This message has been edited by katfan (edited 02-19-2002).]
Old Feb 19, 02, 2:10 pm

katfan-

Your from Radcliff!!!!! I am from E-town. Please e-mail me at [email protected] I would really like to meet sometime.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: