Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade clock resets March 1??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2002, 7:34 am

Programs: Starriot Platinum, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by svpii:
What happens to me? As you are all painfully aware, I lose CP status this year. And it sucks that I don't have any upgrade certs I might add.</font>
You might want to look into redeeming some miles to "purchase" a few of those 800 mile upgrade certificates to keep you out of coach. Surely you have racked up a stack of dividend miles as CP...
Old Feb 7, 2002, 7:40 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MarshB:
I earned silver in June and gold in September last year, both for the first time. When I call to check on my mileage clock, I was told that it would not reset until March 1, 2003. I asked the agent to check again to be sure and she confirmed.</font>
I'd be willing to bet she's mistaken.
Old Feb 7, 2002, 7:42 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by svpii:
What happens to me? As you are all painfully aware, I lose CP status this year. And it sucks that I don't have any upgrade certs I might add. All those miles flown as CP and not a single cert - not that I'm griping about unlimited upgrades as CP. But it's sortof like starting over. So assuming the elite Gods smile and I only slip to Gold, I'm not losing the miles I've flown in Jan/Feb in terms of the 10k bogie to get new certs, am I???</font>
Email them and ask them for some certs ... the worst they'll do is say no.

Sounds like you need to take a mileage run to Europe after March 1 using SWU's maybe
Old Feb 7, 2002, 7:46 am

Programs: USAir AA Hilton
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Beckles:
Email them and ask them for some certs ... the worst they'll do is say no.

Sounds like you need to take a mileage run to Europe after March 1 using SWU's maybe
</font>
Stupidly, that's what I thought I was doing in Jan when I flew CLT-LGW. Yea, I'll be buying those babies to stay out of coach...

Old Feb 11, 2002, 5:36 pm

Last year I lost 9K in preferred miles on 3/1 and swore it wouldn't happen again. I was all set for 3/1 with my counter at 1800. THEN I got the call - 4 500 mile segements in a Y4A fare which were upgraded to a F fare. If I calculate correctly that is 750*4=3000 plus double status bonus = 6000 preferred miles. Now my counter is at 7800 miles. I'm very happy with the miles but feel like I got **rewed again. I need to make CP so I don't have to worry about this anymore.

[This message has been edited by mileshound (edited 02-11-2002).]
Old Feb 11, 2002, 7:55 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mileshound:
Last year I lost 9K in preferred miles on 3/1 and swore it wouldn't happen again. I was all set for 3/1 with my counter at 1800. THEN I got the call - 4 500 mile segements in a Y4A fare which were upgraded to a F fare. If I calculate correctly that is 750*4=3000 plus double status bonus = 6000 preferred miles. Now my counter is at 7800 miles. I'm very happy with the miles but feel like I got **rewed again. I need to make CP so I don't have to worry about this anymore.</font>
Yeah buddy, we feel for you.

You've got it rough ...
Old Feb 12, 2002, 5:13 am

Gee thanks for the sympathy Beckles.... I wasn't complaining - I'm actually very happy - but it just shows that you can plan for 3/1 but a trip and a promo can mess it all up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.