Anyone gotten a double upgrade on an A-330?

Old May 29, 01, 7:03 am

Programs: AA/US - PlatinumPro; 1W Sapphire; HHonors - Silver; UA dirt
Originally posted by usair321:
An employee told me they pay 120.00 for A330 first transatlantic each way. Wheras UA employees get upg for free when avail on UA. The employee I talked to said she would have to work 12 hours to pay for this as she was fairly new.
US employees and spouses pay the taxes for coach (about $40.00 to LGW). Envoy class used to be $80.00 for 767s and $120 for A-330s each way. Now its $120 regardless of aircraft. First class is $150 each way.

And believe me, ANY revenue passenger comes before a non-rev passenger - the only exception possibly being crews repositioning (they would not be in Int'l F class however). In fact, non-rev passengers aren't really guaranteed a seat until the door closes and the brakes are released.

[This message has been edited by ITRADE (edited 05-29-2001).]
Old May 29, 01, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, AA Plat, HH Dia, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, National ECE, Avis First, Hertz PC
125K for FC is competitive? I don't think so ... an SR FC ticket is only 100K, and no way is US's 6 across FC seating comparable to SR's 4 across suites.
Old May 29, 01, 8:57 am
geo1004

Given the short duration of US's international hops, I'd question the use of the additional 45k miles to go from Envoy to IFC.

However, 100k for Swissair IFC makes sense to me as does 125k for a QF trans-Pacific IFC award. 125k for the six and a half hours from PHL to CDG or LGW? No way (imho).

Old May 29, 01, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, AA Plat, HH Dia, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, National ECE, Avis First, Hertz PC
Also consider the only great benefit in FC would be on the East Bound leg, at least for me. I don't usually want to sleep on the West Bound leg or I'll really get my clock messed up, so Envoy is really just as good as First West Bound.