Double miles for NC/GA residents!

Old May 22, 01, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, AA Plat, HH Dia, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, National ECE, Avis First, Hertz PC
Double miles for NC/GA residents!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum21/HTML/003070.html
Old May 22, 01, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, AA Plat, HH Dia, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, National ECE, Avis First, Hertz PC
IMPORTANT

Looks like there are different bonus codes for this. Just checked my e-mail and my bonus code is 2326. I'm in NC, and I think the gator is in GA, so it may be a state specific bonus code, 2326 for NC and 2325 for GA.
Old May 22, 01, 10:51 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
That's an interesting promotion especially that it's double TIER miles and that it's good for NC (Charlotte fortress hub) residents. I'll signup and see what happens! Probably won't get anything, but hey, it's typical for Pennsylvanian's to get @#$%[email protected]#$ by USAirways.

[This message has been edited by pitflyer (edited 05-22-2001).]
Old May 22, 01, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Note this is an obvious retalitory move against DL who made an offer of double miles to NC residents, so US strikes back by calling their bet and raising the Georgia, home of DL's biggest hub. (The other current DL double promotion is targeted at Medallion members only, so is not really a direct attack on anyone like the double NC miles was, which was for all members, not just Medallion.)
Old May 22, 01, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

All that being said ... next move is up to Delta ... do they see US's bet and raise them Pennsylvania? We'll see ...
Old May 22, 01, 11:13 am

Programs: Delta, Marriott, Hilton, Hertz
Sorry PitFlyer but this is one heck of a deal for us NC and GA residents. I live in NC and have a transcon coming along with some other flights and wow...this is a killer promo. We may fly more just because of it!

Beckles: Me, my wife and a friend of ours all received promo number 2325 and we all live in NC. Just an FYI.
Old May 22, 01, 11:17 am

So here I am in SC, sandwiched between, only 40 miles from the NC border, and no doubles for me. What a BUM deal, considering 80% of SC air traffic is owned by either US or DL....That just frosts me.

DL offered me double miles, but since the only way in and out of MYR is on ASA (not really DL), no thanks. Triple, quadruple, FORGET IT, Delta, NO WAY on ASA...

I can see the business logic of not offering it to PA residents, with PIT/PHL, though it would be a nice gesture. Could this be another of the 'sabotage' tactics to try and tank US that Bethune claims Wolf & Co are up to???

------------------
"You can never have too much Reverb."
Old May 22, 01, 11:19 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
To clarify my sentiment above, I'm used to it and don't expect much more from USAirways. That's why I've given up on elite status (gasp) so it really doesn't matter to me.... I know if you want r-e-s-p-e-c-t you have to go with a minor carrier in a fortress hub
Old May 22, 01, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I hate these kinds of bonuses.

edited to protect the fan of chex

[This message has been edited by chexfan (edited 05-22-2001).]
Old May 22, 01, 12:12 pm

chexfan, If we ever meet up in SEA, I owe you a cold one.

(edited, following chexfan's lead...)

With this wacky routing I worked to get from MYR-PIT, I'll get 7,500 base miles for this weekend's trip. THAT'S VALUE!

[This message has been edited by Surfrider (edited 05-23-2001).]
Old May 22, 01, 1:15 pm

A call to the SP service center to clarify a possible combination of promotions informed me that the double tier miles would not count as double miles toward the gold challenge, although they'd still be double tier miles. There also seems to be a difference between 2325 and 2326 that has to do with the gold challenge, but the SP rep wouldn't give me a straight answer.
Old May 22, 01, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: statusless these days
Assuming it's combinable, this looks like this could be a sweet mileage run deal for someone who can make use of the memorial day sales and lives in (or pretends to anyway) GA or NC and can route through BWI to LAX or SFO.

Some 18.4k+ possibly for the BWI-LAX/20k for the BWI-SFO legs alone on a $298+ tax fare. $0.013/mile, $0.028/Q-mile.

Old May 22, 01, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally posted by Surfrider:
If we ever meet up in SEA, I owe you a cold one.
Hey everyone, get on the train. Surfrider has promised two "cold ones" to pitflyer and myself today. Maybe you could be next

Seriously though... I'd like to get some clarification on the 2326/2325 NC/GA bonus codes. I think I'll call to get an answer.
Old May 22, 01, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriot Gold, Hyatt Platinum, and Starwood Corporate Preferred
And let's not forget that this is a good deal for anyone in the 2 states making a transatlantic trip during that time period - you're looking at say maybe up to 16k (perhaps more depending on how you do it) Preferred miles for a transatlantic trip. I sense a quick overseas trip coming.
Old May 22, 01, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally posted by CLTFlyer:
you're looking at say maybe up to 16k (perhaps more depending on how you do it) Preferred miles for a transatlantic trip.
Or about 25k if you start from the West Coast

Search this Thread