Double miles for NC/GA residents!

Old May 22, 01, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; Marriott Lifetime and Annual Plat; Starwood Lifetime and Annual Plat; Hyatt Diamond
I'm in NC and my code was 2325 as well. I will definitely fly more b/c of this one!
Old May 22, 01, 6:49 pm

This is good news but I did not get an email so how targeted is this? Anyway I registered and I have 4 segments this weekend, 4 the next, and 4 the next. We will see what happens.
Old May 22, 01, 8:30 pm

Am I being dumb, or couldn't anyone just change their address to someone in NC or GA, fly and qualify for the bonus, and then switch their address back? Any FlyerTalkers in NC or GA want to be kind enough to set up a PO Box for those who want to have a temporary NC/GA mailing address? I'm sure some US FT'ers wouldn't mind paying $35 for a six month PO Box rental if it meant double (status) miles.
Old May 24, 01, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally posted by biggs:
This is good news but I did not get an email so how targeted is this?
I called for a varification of the 2325/6 NC/GA promo. The CS rep was unable to tell me which code was for which state.

Did this offer come via email or postcard?

Old May 24, 01, 11:26 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
TFNF: I was thinking about that. You gotta wonder if they thought that sort of thing through or not before having this sort of 'public' targeted promotion. For Chairman's Preferred's members who don't get any mail from USAirways (if you chose electronic statements) since we don't get upgrades, etc, you could just update your address to

5501 Josh Birmingham Parkway
Charlotte, NC 28208

That's the address for the Charlotte Airport as reported by bigbook.com. Not that I would ever do that. (mainly because I don't care about my status with US anymore...)
Old May 24, 01, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, AA Plat, HH Dia, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, National ECE, Avis First, Hertz PC
Originally posted by pitflyer:
5501 Josh Birmingham Parkway
Charlotte, NC 28208

That's the address for the Charlotte Airport as reported by bigbook.com. Not that I would ever do that. (mainly because I don't care about my status with US anymore...)
What ... do we look like we just fell off the turnip truck yesterday?