Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways Dividend Miles (Pre-2005 America West merger)
Reload this Page >

US Airways Introduces Self-Service Kiosks For Airport Ticket Purchase and Check-In

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways Introduces Self-Service Kiosks For Airport Ticket Purchase and Check-In

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2000, 9:35 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Customers now can bypass lines by purchasing tickets, checking bags, selecting seats, and obtaining boarding passes at US Airways' new E-Ticket Check-In automated kiosks at Washington's Ronald Reagan National and Boston's Logan International airports.

These easy-to-use kiosks, manufactured by IBM, utilize touch screen technology, providing customers the ability to purchase a ticket for a same- day domestic flight, or to check in at the airport for an electronically ticketed reservation on US Airways, the US Airways Express carriers, US Airways Shuttle and MetroJet.

Dividend Miles members will earn 1,000 bonus miles the first time they use the US Airways E-Ticket Check-In Kiosk to either purchase tickets and check-in for flights, or to just check-in. Thereafter, members will receive 50 bonus miles each time they use the kiosks. This offer is valid for travel Oct. 4, 2000 through Dec. 31, 2000, within the U.S. on US Airways, the US Airways Express carriers, US Airways Shuttle or MetroJet. Bonus Miles will appear in Dividend Miles account statements within three weeks from completion of travel.
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/001005/va_us_airw.html

Edited to acknowledge and highlight the FF niles as indicated by TFNF below! Thanks

[This message has been edited by doc (edited 10-06-2000).]
Old Oct 5, 2000, 12:44 pm

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
Originally posted by doc:
Customers now can bypass lines by purchasing tickets, checking bags, selecting seats, and obtaining boarding passes at US Airways' new E-Ticket Check-In automated kiosks at Washington's Ronald Reagan National and Boston's Logan International airports.
Right, don't do it at a hub, like say, PIT?

Actually, I'm not suprised they started with Shuttle airports.

Old Oct 5, 2000, 1:04 pm

Programs: US Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat
I saw these yesterday @ DCA-- Half of them were not working the other half we being used by US Airways marketing reps- Not a bad idea if your in a rush-- Looked real easy to use.
Old Oct 5, 2000, 4:34 pm

Of course a large % of shuttle passengers have corporate deals, with flight coupon vouchers, and apparently can't avail themselves of the self-service kiosks. DL's self service machines (which they've had for years) allows one to check in if travelling on a coporate ticket.
Old Oct 5, 2000, 6:11 pm
dg1

Yeah my company has a deal with DL shuttle where if we swipe our corp card we get the corp rates on the shuttle. Pretty nice. Obviously US is playing catch-up.

CBF: It'll be a while, if ever before we see them in PIT. Captive hubs dont get no respect
Old Oct 5, 2000, 6:37 pm

I can't believe it!! You've all missed the MOST IMPORTANT POINT of these new kiosks. From the web site:

Dividend Miles members will earn 1,000 bonus miles the first time they use the US Airways E-Ticket Check-In Kiosk to either purchase tickets and check-in for flights, or to just check-in. Thereafter, members will receive 50 bonus miles each time they use the kiosks. This offer is valid for travel Oct. 4, 2000 through Dec. 31, 2000, within the U.S. on US Airways, the US Airways Express carriers, US Airways Shuttle or MetroJet. Bonus Miles will appear in Dividend Miles account statements within three weeks from completion of travel.

I'll be getting my first use of these (I hope) on this Saturday. I booked the BOS-PIT esaver.

------------------
"Visualise whirled peas."

NATHAN PRODUCTIONS
Professional Music, Audio Production, and Website Design
http://www.nathanproductions.com
Old Dec 15, 2000, 9:26 am
doc
Original Poster

US Airways customers now can bypass lines by purchasing tickets, checking bags, selecting seats, and obtaining boarding passes using new E-Ticket Check-In Kiosks introduced today at New York's La Guardia Airport.

Customers can visit any of 10 US Airways kiosks at La Guardia and will have access to six additional kiosks in January 2001.

As an added incentive, Dividend Miles members will earn 1,000 bonus miles the first time they use the US Airways E-Ticket Check-In Kiosk to both purchase tickets and check-in for flights, or to just check-in. Thereafter, members will receive 50 bonus miles each time they use the kiosks.
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/001215/va_us_air_.html

-----

And now if they can just get those flights off on time!
Old Dec 15, 2000, 9:48 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally posted by RMINIONE:
I saw these yesterday @ DCA-- Half of them were not working the other half we being used by US Airways marketing reps- Not a bad idea if your in a rush-- Looked real easy to use.
I'd like to use these for my upcoming flight. Can you use them even when you have upgrade coupons to turn in???
Old Dec 15, 2000, 12:06 pm
geo1004

Can you use them even when you have upgrade coupons to turn in???

Well, I tried to. I had upgraded my DCA-TPA flight and when I got to DCA I swipped my Gold Preferred card. A message came up saying I needed to see the counter for one of the following (I think there were three or four) reasons. One reason was "Upgrade Cetificates need to be redeemed".

Old Dec 18, 2000, 11:01 am
dg1

I wonder if Chairman's who have confirmed upgrades can check in at the kiosk. My wife (Gold Preferred) is travelling back with me from LGA this weekend. We're both already in first -- I'll have to try it out and see what happens!
Old Dec 18, 2000, 3:03 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
1. Have used the machines 3 times at DCA, the first time on October 27. Have received ZERO miles.
2. The machines do not provide copies of ticket receipts.
3. Don't think I will be using them again any time soon.
Old Jan 21, 2001, 8:34 pm

I just wanted to bring this forward and ask if anyone has received the 1,000 mile bonus for check-in? The listing on the website says that miles will post within 3 weeks. I am still waiting on my bonus for a Nov.30 flight BOS-BTV. I emailed dividend miles service a couple of weeks ago, but haven't heard anything from them in response. Anyone else have better luck??
Old Jan 21, 2001, 9:24 pm

I got my bonus awhile ago, but it was a good deal later than three weeks after travel was completed. More like six weeks. And they only credited it after I called. The good thing was they were willing to do it right on the phone with me.

------------------
"Visualise whirled peas."

NATHAN PRODUCTIONS
Professional Music, Audio Production, and Website Design
http://www.nathanproductions.com
Old Jan 22, 2001, 5:28 am
doc
Original Poster

Sadly, I'm not eligible for failure to participate! Next time!

[This message has been edited by doc (edited 01-22-2001).]
Old Jan 22, 2001, 8:33 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I can never get it, even though I dont need to present certs, because I always travel on upgraded (no cert as CHRMN) flights. When I try to use them at LGA they bounce me out of the system.

That really bites since I fly in and out of LGA every month and could use that 1k miles each time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.