Anything I should know if I book US Airways Vacations

Old Apr 30, 01, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, AA Plat, HH Dia, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, National ECE, Avis First, Hertz PC
Anything I should know if I book US Airways Vacations

I'm thinking of booking a trip using US Airways Vacations. For this trip it would be a good deal (though in general I don't find they are) ...

Anyway ... first, I assume I get miles on the flights and they are upgradeable, right?

The real questions ... any good bonuses or anything I can get?
Old Apr 30, 01, 1:01 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1P, SW A List Preferred
Not so sure that the flights are upgradeable. Look at the fine print under the upgrade chart.
http://www.usairways.com/dividendmil...m/upgrades.htm
Old Apr 30, 01, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, AA Plat, HH Dia, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, National ECE, Avis First, Hertz PC
Yeah ... you might be right ... oh well, it'll save me some money anyway since I'm working on purchased upgrades for now ... I hope I'd still get mileage though???
Old Apr 30, 01, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Beckles, I honestly don't have an answer, but you must have found a great deal for your vacation.

I've done some elementary pricing for some of these vacations and haven't found anything close to a "deal" even with the $100 off they're pushing!

Anyways, harold's link does say that USVacations are an "unpublished" fare.
Old Apr 30, 01, 1:41 pm

Hello US FTers,

I did a USAir Vacations package about two years ago. We got all miles and bonuses. Upgrades were handled with normal windows. It was the only way to get a room at the NYC Hilton & Towers for the weekend that we wanted to go to NYC.

One interesting thing to note is that in 1999 the 800 phone number was ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE ON ALL THE USAIR VACATIONS INFORMATION that we received for our vacation. When I had a question during our travel, I ended up having to find the 800 number in the list of numbers in the printed flight schedule. Probably just an oversight.

Cheers,

Va.SquireFlyer
Old Apr 30, 01, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Well, as it turns out with some sale fares that must have *just* been loaded, the Vacation may not be the best route after all. They're okay still, but I'm not sure I want to risk the upgrade thing, especially with a red-eye in the itinerary.
Old May 1, 01, 10:47 am

Programs: United 1K
Beckles-

I just recently did a trip on 'vacations' and highly recommend it. My ticket ended up being booked in H class. I upgraded on the way back from CDG with no problems.

I was shocked when I had initially booked the ticket since it was cheaper at the time to book air through 'vacations' _including_ a hotel than it was with air only on usairways.com!

Regardless, all bonuses, miles, etc worked fine. I too was hesitant. Now I'm sold. I would double check that no additional restrictions have been added since I bought mine.

Oh - one last note. Usairwaysvacations.com is not the same as usairways.com - specifically not allowed to get the online booking bonuses from 'vacations'. Might also be worth a call to the CS desk.