Wiki Posts
Search

No more upgrades on award tickets?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2001, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
No more upgrades on award tickets?

Somebody over on rec.travel.air posted that US is no longer upgrading award tickets (even with the $40/799 mile segment upgrades). Anybody confirm or deny this?
Old Mar 29, 2001, 10:50 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
I don't know if this is true or not, but in either case, the gate agents can pretty much upgrade you if they want too. I have observed people on RTFC bump tickets get upgraded at the gate, and for a long time these have been officially not upgradable. The key is for you to go up to somebody who in your estimation would be willing to upgrade you despite any rules to the contrary, and also for you to use any negotiating skills you might in order to get the upgrade. Or what about the Swiss chocolates? Or making friends with the gate agents at your airport?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.