Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PHL airport

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2001, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
PHL airport

I haven't been at PHL in ages. How is the airport? Is food there priced like in the city or is it marked up 100%? My mom and sister have almost 3 hrs to kill there between US flights next Sunday. Any comments greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 11, 2001, 10:57 am

Location: The First State, USA - Bonvoy Gold, Honors Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Gold - FWIW
PHL is actually a rather nice airport these days (not as nice or comfortable as PIT, but quite all right). Plenty of places to eat and shop at normal prices in the US terminal (B/C concourses). Check it out for yourself at http://www.phl.org/ .

RZ
Old Feb 11, 2001, 11:01 am

Location: controlling the internets from an underground bunker
Programs: So l33t that I don't need a wallet full of cards to prove it. Black is the new Gold.
The food court between term. B & C is very reasonable: $1.25 for a drink, $4-$7 for a sandwich or salad. There is also a TGI Friday's in the "Mall" there that has "normal" prices, but an abbreviated menu. There are plenty of nice places to shop.
Old Feb 11, 2001, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally posted by markbach:
The food court between term. B & C is very reasonable: $1.25 for a drink, $4-$7 for a sandwich or salad. There is also a TGI Friday's in the "Mall" there that has "normal" prices, but an abbreviated menu. There are plenty of nice places to shop.
One word here - Godiva

Old Feb 11, 2001, 2:28 pm

Location: controlling the internets from an underground bunker
Programs: So l33t that I don't need a wallet full of cards to prove it. Black is the new Gold.
Originally posted by ITRADE:
One word here - Godiva
Two words here - mmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmm!
Old Feb 11, 2001, 4:38 pm

After flying out of EWR for more than a decade, PHL has become my "home" aurport in the last few years. I love it. But then, I may be biased!
Old Feb 11, 2001, 7:22 pm

The USair Club there (located between the B and C concourses) is very nice. They allso have a number of comfortable rocking chairs through out the main connector between the B and C concourse where al the shops are. They can grab a couple of rockers and people watch for a while. The A (International) terminal is a bit more on the grundgy side, it is just a bit of a walk over to the B/C area so I wouldn't recommend spendind 3 hours waiting the A terminal. I have a couple of club passes that expire at the end of Feb, too bad I couldn't get them to you.
Old Feb 11, 2001, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Thanks for everyone's input. I know USAirways will do a good job on this trip!

LikeItUpFront:

I have a couple of club passes that expire at the end of Feb, too bad I couldn't get them to you.[/B][/QUOTE]

Re: Club passes --> If you really had no use for them my mom lives just across the border from Buffalo and I bet they would make it to her house by Friday (they leave SUN), even by regular mail (they definitely would not make it to my house, about 2000 miles north west from NYC!!) If possible drop me a line at [email protected] for mailing address and I'll gladly send you $$ for postage.

I have 2 AirCanada Maple Leaf Lounge passes with the same expiry date you could have, however I suspect you'd have little use for these!

[This message has been edited by Altaflyer (edited 02-11-2001).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.