Real FF Benefits of the new US/AA alliance

Old May 18, 1999, 8:09 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Real FF Benefits of the new US/AA alliance

Just made reservations for 4 FF tickets to Grand Cayman in November with wife and the kids for a week vacation. US Air didn't have FF seats down and back on the days I wanted. neither did AA alone. However, because of the new US/AA alliance, the US Air Dividend miles person could get me down on US Air and back on AA on the same award ticket. Fantastic. REally helps to avoid those restricted # of seats. Was able to pool my miles also, to use mostly Div. Miles, but also use up a few AA miles that will be expiring in the next year. All in all, I couldn't be happier. Bravo .

Djlawman
Old May 18, 1999, 9:02 pm
pgupta011

Good to know that some of the FUD (Fear, Uncertainity, and Doubt) about alliances are going away. I had a similar experience with Continental/NW - booked one direction on CO and the other on NW.

Old May 19, 1999, 8:07 am
geo1004

That is great to hear djlawman.

Old May 24, 1999, 9:28 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Didn't pay for any expedited service, and received the tickets in the mail today, 7 days after making the reservations. Have to hand it to US, that is terrific service. I complain about them sometimes, and sometimes feel locked into them (here in their Philly hub), but their customer service has improved considerably over the last few years. Now if they would just send me my new Dividend Miles card, with the new number, which they promised to send me in the 1st quarter of this year, and I still haven't received.

Djlawman
Old May 24, 1999, 10:26 pm
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
This airline has been nothing but great to me! I asked and got comped to Preferred status before my first flight, I just got my Preferred card, and they sent me 8 upgrade certs. The 2 airlines I fly the most, US and CO have been very good to me since I started FF'g.
Old May 25, 1999, 8:38 am
Original Member

Programs: Delta Platinum
I had a good experience on the AA/US FF alliance in March. My wife needed to travel RDU-ORD-BWI on an open jaw award, in time to go from home in Raleigh to see my older son in a concert in Chicago and then to be in Baltimore to pick up my younger son at the hospital. No one had the schedule to do it, until I asked the US CSR at Dividend Preferred Service Center if she could go RDU-ORD on AA, then ORD-DCA on AA then a connection DCA-BWI on USExpress. She said the rules allowed interline connections, and it worked out great! (US had no flights ORD-BWI Sunday morning, and AA does not fly that routing)
Old May 25, 1999, 10:36 am
Original Member

Programs: AA2MM
gercohen -- in case you need ord-bwi again for some reason, AA Eagle starts flying it in June with EMJ-145's....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.