Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USAirways Shuttle Posting

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 1999, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Location: New York, NY, AA 4MM PLT, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, CC Gold
USAirways Shuttle Posting

Does anyone know how long it takes a USAirways shuttle flight to post? I flew them down to DC for the day last Saturday (4/10) and the flights still aren't posted.

I found it strange that they handwrote my FF # on the ticket (wonder what they would have done if I were using an E-Ticket?).

I pre-registered for the US/AA shuttle double dip deal and the miles haven't been posted to AA either.
Old Apr 19, 1999, 2:34 pm
Original Member

It takes a while -- a December trip took almost 8 weeks to post -- but it eventually happens.

--Jim
Old Apr 23, 1999, 9:42 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Plat
AAPlatinum: I had a US Shuttle Nov 98 and it didn't post til Feb 99 - 3 mos! Once the flight posted, I couldn't figure out whether the 500 AA miles counted toward my PLT qualifying miles for 98 or 99- and this can make a big difference if you're a few miles short of requalifying. This really stinks!- DL Shuttle posts same day- hats off to them. The US Shuttle staff seem to take great pride in their current procedure- I've asked several of them if the Shuttle system will ever be fully integrated with the regular US system and they've all appeared offended that I would ask such a weird question and responded that they are a distinct service- Moreover, you can book US Shuttle flights on US' priority travelworks (1000 bonus!) software BUT the US Shuttle staff refuses to ticket on the priority travelworks passenger record- they claim they don't operate with reservations- heck, they claimed they had no way of even looking up my reservation. So, not only do customers get to wait 3 mos for their miles to hit, we also lose the 1,000 mile r/t bonus for booking on-line. Moral of the story is these people are a bunch of dinosaurs from the old Eastern days and they just don't get it. So AAPlatinum et al, suggest you give DL a try.
Old Apr 23, 1999, 4:26 pm
Original Member

What you have to understand is that up until about a year ago, the shuttle was a separate legal entity that was not owned by US Airways. Only when American threatened to by the shuttle did US Airways purchase the shuttle outright.

(BTW, the miles count for qualification when you actually flew -- hence for you it will be '98)

Now that they systems are all on Sabre, I would assume that it should go smoother. I flew on the Shuttle the day they switched from their system to Sabre. There are still a few growing pains, but it pays off in the end. It took a call to US Airways and I had the miles credit.

--Jim

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.