Community
Wiki Posts
Search

fly 5'000 - become preferred (from USToday)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 1998, 12:08 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
fly 5'000 - become preferred (from USToday)

Fly 5,000 miles on US Airways between Saturday and Dec. 31 and earn 1999 preferred status in Dividend Miles if using American Express. Call to register.
Old Oct 10, 1998, 11:02 am
Original Member

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
rudi, where do i register for this? i recently received an offer to fly 6500 miles and get preferred status from usair themselves. can you please provide the number.
Old Oct 10, 1998, 11:26 am
Original Member
Original Poster

sorry - "my" text has just been copied from the (International) USToday from Friday, oct-10 (so it should be in the US-local USToday from Thursday (hopefully).

may be some of our friends here on Flyer Talk living in th US can help.
Old Oct 11, 1998, 8:31 pm
Original Member

The offer you are referring to requires you to fly 5000 "paid for" miles using your American Express card between October 10 and December 31, 1998. You must register for the offer at 1-800-872-4738. The bonus request number is 2021. I had difficulty using the automated system to register, ended up speaking directly to a US Airways representative.

I hope this helps you out.
Cindi

P.S. I am a newcomer to this board so be gentle.

Old Oct 11, 1998, 9:49 pm
Original Member

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
Thanks for the info...it seems that this information was not given in usa today, nor by the automated line with usairways. Since i am not a pro with all this stuff myself, i welcome you to the forum!! happy flying! Jms8090
Old Oct 13, 1998, 3:47 am
Original Member
Original Poster

"just" a GENTLE welcome to cschuman on this board.
Old Oct 14, 1998, 8:44 am
Original Member

This is very interesting -- it seems US Airways is using more direct marketing. I received an offer in the mail for premier status next year + 12,000 bonus miles if I flew 12,000 "business fare" miles (defined as Y,F,A,B,C and I think some other class of service also) and registered for the service.

It pays to "shop" around for the best milage deal.

Old Oct 14, 1998, 1:46 pm
Original Member

JIMBOLIGUY,

I am unclear as to what you mean by "preimer" status. US (that I know of) only has Preferred, Preferred Plus or Chairman's Preferred status mileage levels. Please explain?

Cindi
Old Oct 14, 1998, 2:49 pm
Original Member

Location: New York - DL Gold, AA Gold, AC Prestige, VS Silver
preferred is what you get for flying 5000 miles - there is no premier
Old Oct 15, 1998, 8:56 am
Original Member

Programs: United Premier 1K, American AAdvantage Gold
US runs regular promotions for "instant" preferred status. this is a relativley useless member level (what with limited first class seat inventory for upgrade) unless you are buying full fare tickets.
Old Nov 25, 1998, 12:32 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
The promotion is interesting, especially since I recently received an offer from US Air to fly 6250 miles before December 15, 1998 to get Preferred for next year.

As far as Preferred being a "useless" level, I'm not sure I agree. I've been using first class upgrade certificates as well first class upgrade awards (only 2000 miles per segment) to successfully fly first class on the DCA-CLT route since the beginning of the month, and on peak business hour flights no less. In addition, Preferred gets you out of the long lines at the counters.

I have never been a US Air fan, but lately their service has improved and upon closer examination, the FF program is pretty decent. Of course, they don't fly as many places as other airlines.

If you really want a "useless" level, just try UA's Premier or DL's Medallion!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.