FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways 2011 Grand Slam Promotion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-2011-grand-slam-promotion-684/)
-   -   Grand Slam eligibility (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-2011-grand-slam-promotion/1355686-grand-slam-eligibility.html)

andyt Jun 11, 2012 6:50 pm

Grand Slam eligibility

Hi Guys,
Curiosity question. Do I need to have the USAirways Mastercard / or VISA or any type of card for the frequent US Air program in order to participate in the Grand Slam programs?. I just started flying with the USAir program as my corporation dropped JetBlue out of the lineup. In the 6 months I made it to Gold and looks like this might be worth keeping it. Looks like GrandSlam could enhance my points a lot and want to make sure that I am eligible to participate. If not maybe I can get the appropriate card.
(I know per rules it gives you 1 hit but anything more)?.
Thanks for the help
Andy

MidTierStatus Jun 11, 2012 6:54 pm

Grand Slam eligibility

Nope that is it. I didn't have it last year and was fine.

dsquared37 Jun 11, 2012 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by andyt (Post 18739520)
Looks like GrandSlam could enhance my points a lot and want to make sure that I am eligible to participate. If not maybe I can get the appropriate card.
(I know per rules it gives you 1 hit but anything more)?.
Thanks for the help
Andy

First US needs to announce there will be a GS. A US branded CC is not necessary to join IF there is a GS '12.

Welcome to FT andyt.

andyt Jun 11, 2012 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37 (Post 18739904)
First US needs to announce there will be a GS. A US branded CC is not necessary to join IF there is a GS '12.

Welcome to FT andyt.

Thanks Guys. Hope they will have one this year.

mrredskin Jun 14, 2012 8:20 am

i would recommend getting one just to have (with 40k bonus) and the 5k off every award redemption. plus it's a free hit :)

mikeef Jun 14, 2012 9:21 am

I'm getting all tingly just thinking about it. :D

Maybe I'll do a few for some household members, as well.

Mike

wheresmybagba Jun 15, 2012 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by mrredskin (Post 18755278)
5k off every award redemption.

Every award redemption solely on US Airways metal.

starflyer Jun 16, 2012 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by mrredskin (Post 18755278)
i would recommend getting one just to have (with 40k bonus) and the 5k off every award redemption. plus it's a free hit :)

I learn something new every day! I have the US Airways Visa and never knew I would receive 5k off every award redemption. Are there any special booking procedures I need to follow to save the 5k miles? Thanks for the info mrredskin!

slocouple Jun 16, 2012 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by starflyer (Post 18767742)
I learn something new every day! I have the US Airways Visa and never knew I would receive 5k off every award redemption.

And don't forget, that 5,000 discount is even off of US Airways' already great value off-peak awards:
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/onemil...-amazing-deal/

redtop43 Jun 18, 2012 1:50 pm

E-Rewards

I did not participate in Grand Slam last year, but I plan to this year.

I see E-Rewards as a partner, but I don't see the ability to transfer points from E-Rewards to Dividend Miles. Did they drop US as a transfer option? I must be missing something, but what is it?

craz Jun 18, 2012 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by redtop43 (Post 18777848)
I did not participate in Grand Slam last year, but I plan to this year.

I see E-Rewards as a partner, but I don't see the ability to transfer points from E-Rewards to Dividend Miles. Did they drop US as a transfer option? I must be missing something, but what is it?

nope US is still there.however if you signed up to eRewards via another Airline or eMiles then it wont be aqn option for you to transfer o them. (btw this is the case no matter which Carrier or if it was via eMiles that a person signed up) Those who were invited say via Hertz will be able to transfer to eMilesor any carrier that participates with eReward

btw theres no ay to sign up for eRewards you must e invited by a program that partners with it. I guess you can use adifferent email address for a different partner of theres and hope that triggers an invite

redtop43 Jun 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Yes, my invitation (years ago) came from Delta. So presumably I can't get that hit?

Looks like I could get a hit if I can get enough credits for 5,000 Choice points though, and convert these to 1,000 US Miles.

AlohaDaveKennedy Jun 18, 2012 2:34 pm

In my crystal ball this is looking iffy as LCC has been playing HCC since they went on the wagon with AA. I'm thinking if there is a GS its gonna be interesting in an Avios or Skymiles miles redemption sort of way.:eek: Just seems to me LCC is prettying their pig prior to a merger Luau. But FTR, their piggy already looks far prettier than Facebook's nasty old boar.:D

Originally Posted by dsquared37 (Post 18739904)
First US needs to announce there will be a GS...

AlohaDaveKennedy Jun 18, 2012 2:36 pm

Automatically appears after the card has been used, although with some lag time.

I learn something new every day! I have the US Airways Visa and never knew I would receive 5k off every award redemption. Are there any special booking procedures I need to follow to save the 5k miles? Thanks for the info mrredskin!

amolkold Jun 19, 2012 8:24 pm

US Airways Visa? Do you mean the debit card? The 5K off US metal awards is for Barclays US Airways Mastercard holders.

I agree it's a great card. The annual fee is $89 but you get 10K miles when you pay it, effectively buying miles for 0.89cpm. Not bad.