What to do now that it's over for fun?

Old Nov 23, 11, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA AS DL UA US WN Choice Gold, BW Diamond, PClub Plat, HHonnors Gold, Marriott, Carlson Gold
What to do now that it's over for fun?

The last 2.5 months were lots of fun. Reading posts and organizing ideas on how to get the most hits for the least effort. Now that it's just about over I don't know how to follow on the excitement.

This thread could be a post GS support forum or it can be comprised of suggestions on how to get into some other promotion.
Old Nov 23, 11, 4:30 pm

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer, US Air DM, VelocityRewards, Hertz Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by iang000 View Post
The last 2.5 months were lots of fun. Reading posts and organizing ideas on how to get the most hits for the least effort. Now that it's just about over I don't know how to follow on the excitement.

This thread could be a post GS support forum or it can be comprised of suggestions on how to get into some other promotion.
What to do now, get all your points balances up in readiness for the next one, it may only be 9.5 months away!
Old Nov 23, 11, 6:20 pm

Agree about getting those point balances up... not sure if we'll see the same hits next year, but I'd like to at least get another 30k miles if at all possible.

I'll be setting up accounts for my wife... a lot of what I did this year could be duplicated with very little extra effort.

But I agree, the GS was a ton more fun that I expected it to be... and I do miss waking up and logging in to see what has posted, read new FT threads and ideas for free/low cost hits. Sadly I didn't get enough miles to really do anything with them...but it has started my US account off quite well.

And this Damn Biscoff spread is so good... I'm thinking next year I should buy it on day 1.
Old Nov 23, 11, 10:13 pm

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer, US Air DM, VelocityRewards, Hertz Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Stubtify View Post
I'll be setting up accounts for my wife... a lot of what I did this year could be duplicated with very little extra effort.
I took this further, setup for wife and 2 kids but were quite slow on the last. But I reckon there are 10 hits you can get for next to nothing and sure you could get to 12 with a bit of thought. And as you say easy to replicate.

Search this Thread