Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways 2011 Grand Slam Promotion
Reload this Page >

Is there a way to manually adjust activtity date?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2011, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

I just opened my DM profile and found out that 4 hits have posted on 16th of NOV.. (Choice Hotels mileage transfer, 500 miles for utterly expensive Embassy Suites stay on 6th of Nov, survey miles from Audience Rewards and miles from traceitback.com). And I made all those transactions well before 14th of November (with the exception of Choice Hotels mileage transfer which was made on 14th of Nov, but confirmation still shows that date).. Arghh.. I don't feel too happy Should I contact Dividend Miles with proofs showing activity dates for my transactions or individual merchants? I probably spent more than few hundred dollars for those last (and not so last) minute transactions..

EDITED: please accept my apologies, but alleged incident with wrong acitucy dates was all a stupid mistake from my side - all four transactions HAVE actual activity date.. Somehow I only noticed "post date" column yesterday, got agitated and posted while under adrenaline rush.

Last edited by fokker50; Nov 20, 2011 at 9:25 am
Old Nov 19, 2011, 1:58 pm

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
Is the activity date or posted date showing Nov 16?
Its kind of weird to have 4 misdated foul balls and you will likely have to take it up with the vendor not dividend miles.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
In my experience, my Choice transfer, Audience Rewards, TrackItBack, and a DoubleTree (also by Hilton, like Embassy Suites) all posted with the correct activity date. I would expect your experience to be similar (as gsscorecard.com's listings seem to show these being reliable for activity dates).

Please note the emphasis on activity rather than posting date.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 3:49 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, SkyPesos peon
Despite the warnings here on Flyertalk, I took a chance with a LaQuinta Returns points transfer to Dividend Miles. This was my final needed hit, and I expected that ordering the transfer on Nov. 7 would give me time to spare before the Nov. 14 conclusion of Grand Slam 2011.

My Quinta Returns account online statement confirms that my points-to-miles transfer took place on Nov. 7. Then LaQuinta Returns dawdled for 10 days before thansmitting wrong information to Dividend Miles:

11/17/2011 11/17/2011 Conversion La Quinta points exchange 1000

As far as La Quinta is concerned, why should there be a difference between "activity date" and "post date?" Obviously, both are the same to them.

So, now, I face the obligatory PITA telephone calls and emails to try to get this straightened out!
Old Nov 19, 2011, 6:00 pm

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Originally Posted by catdad
Despite the warnings here on Flyertalk, I took a chance with a LaQuinta Returns points transfer to Dividend Miles. This was my final needed hit, and I expected that ordering the transfer on Nov. 7 would give me time to spare before the Nov. 14 conclusion of Grand Slam 2011.

My Quinta Returns account online statement confirms that my points-to-miles transfer took place on Nov. 7. Then LaQuinta Returns dawdled for 10 days before thansmitting wrong information to Dividend Miles:

11/17/2011 11/17/2011 Conversion La Quinta points exchange 1000

As far as La Quinta is concerned, why should there be a difference between "activity date" and "post date?" Obviously, both are the same to them.

So, now, I face the obligatory PITA telephone calls and emails to try to get this straightened out!
That's ok, I had a La Quinta hotel stay on 11/4 that posted the same way on 11/17. In LQ's system (that I can see in my account) it shows a transaction date of 11/4, but they didn't do the conversion to US miles until 11/17. Something isn't right here.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 8:26 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Originally Posted by jimcfsus
That's ok, I had a La Quinta hotel stay on 11/4 that posted the same way on 11/17. In LQ's system (that I can see in my account) it shows a transaction date of 11/4, but they didn't do the conversion to US miles until 11/17. Something isn't right here.
fighting 2 activities date right now with DM both initiated way before november 14th. Sent a polite email to DM on Friday, will let you guys know the result as soon as I get one, but will not stand down this fight.

IMO all those activities dates problems have ot be taken up with DM and not the partner who initiated the transfer as i dont think they cannot do much more on their sides anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.