Wiki Posts
Search

Need Help with the Grand Slam Promo?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2011, 1:18 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by TorontoSingh
1) For TrackITBack, how do you do it for $19.94, the lowest with shipping I see is $24.95

2) FTD at $23.98, kindly advise which item with shipping that is?

3) Teleflora, I have seen only $40 with shipping? Which item is this please?
I'm taking the cost AFTER the value of the miles you get back from the purchase. So, to be more explicit:

TrackItBack = $24.94 -> 500 miles
FTD = $30.98 -> 700 miles
Teleflora = $44.98 -> 750 miles

4) Hotel transfers at $50-60 range is quite expensive, since I don't have enough posts, I assume I can't use the Coupon connection to do hit exchange? Any other forums you know of that would allow for such exchange since I have a few hits that might work for others that I no longer need.
Not sure of any legitimate place and it would be against FT rules to do this privately.

Also note my second edit above - would be cheaper to buy 1000 miles than a hotel transfer for you. So perhaps you only need 1 hotel transfer?
Old Nov 10, 2011, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
I'm taking the cost AFTER the value of the miles you get back from the purchase. So, to be more explicit:

Not sure of any legitimate place and it would be against FT rules to do this privately.

Also note my second edit above - would be cheaper to buy 1000 miles than a hotel transfer for you. So perhaps you only need 1 hotel transfer?
Thanks! My own fault I waited last minute as the scheduled hotel stays didn't work out, now it might be too late to get FTD Bear gifts at $30.98 for many since Monday delivery is $19.99 just for shipping, makiing it $40. the other option is to order a boutonnier with them with the local florist delivery option, this will cost $16.99 + their service fee of $17.99 = $34.98. If anyone else knows of a lower cost item (all inclusive) from FTD that will qualify for the activity date no longer than November 14, please advise. Other suggestions for other cheaper hits welcome too.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Thanks! My own fault I waited last minute as the scheduled hotel stays didn't work out, now it might be too late to get FTD Bear gifts at $30.98 for many since Monday delivery is $19.99 just for shipping, makiing it $40. the other option is to order a boutonnier with them with the local florist delivery option, this will cost $16.99 + their service fee of $17.99 = $34.98. If anyone else knows of a lower cost item (all inclusive) from FTD that will qualify for the activity date no longer than November 14, please advise. Other suggestions for other cheaper hits welcome too.
Do the boutonniere and schedule delivery for tomorrow (Friday). With so few days left and so many hits already completed, the last few will always cost more, and you don't want to run the risk of a bogus activity date.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by vysean
Do the boutonniere and schedule delivery for tomorrow (Friday). With so few days left and so many hits already completed, the last few will always cost more, and you don't want to run the risk of a bogus activity date.
Thanks for the advice. That makes sense.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago

On a second thought, Netflix might be a cheaper hit than FTD even if you have to keep it for 6 months. It's $48 but with 1,500 miles, the effective cost is $33 and you can enjoy watching movies as well.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 5:20 pm

On a second thought, Netflix might be a cheaper hit than FTD even if you have to keep it for 6 months. It's $48 but with 1,500 miles, the effective cost is $33 and you can enjoy watching movies as well.
Not a bad idea if you're really a new customer. Some people have been having difficulty with duplicate accounts. There's a netflix specific thread.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by krpjr
Not sure if this is the right thread to post in
Not only the wrong thread, but an improper forum. Please read post #1 of http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/2011-...ding-here.html.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 11:41 am

last minute help please

i thought i had the following sixteen hits:

1) toolbar searches
2) points.com transfer
3) us airways dining on nov 11
4) thanks again
5) audience rewards
6) amazon through portal on nov 10
7) super shuttle
8) skymall
9) office max
10) biscoff
11) vinesse
12) e-miles on nov 8
13) e-rewards on nov 11

14) magazines for miles
15) a best western stay on nov 12
16) network solutions on nov 11

the bolded ones haven't posted so i put up the activity date. most i'm not worried about but i'm just now seeing that most people who got the e-rewards email for the signup bonus got an email confirming completion of their first survey. i did get the email, and did do a survey (although it was a "quick survey" so it might not count), but haven't gotten a confirmation. i haven't been offered any proper surveys. so now i'm worried that won't post so i'm thinking i should do a backup. i wrote about this on another FT thread and someone suggested asking here. i was planning to buy miles, just because it's guaranteed and can be done last-minute, but maybe there is a cheaper way? i've only spent $77 so far and buying miles now costs $37 or something so it would seriously up my cost.

any suggestions?
Old Nov 13, 2011, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Are you US-based?

A cheaper option might be the cheapest same-day deliverable item from 1-800-Flowers.

Alternatively, again if US-based, a same-day Hertz car rental today or tomorrow could work.

The $37 buy points is really the easiest and quickest option, however.

As a final thought, you could decide to not sweat it. You completed all of the activities before the deadline. If they don't post properly (and count as a hit), you can follow-up with US Airways. I'm 99.999% certain you won't be the only one in that position.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by esquish
most i'm not worried about but i'm just now seeing that most people who got the e-rewards email for the signup bonus got an email confirming completion of their first survey. i did get the email, and did do a survey (although it was a "quick survey" so it might not count), but haven't gotten a confirmation. i haven't been offered any proper surveys. so now i'm worried that won't post so i'm thinking i should do a backup.
One other thought on this:

In e-Rewards, click on "My Account", then "Review Account Statement". Change the dropdown on the far right from "All Types" to "Redemption", and click "Go". It should show whether a mileage redemption has been requested (either automatically as a result of a signup bonus or because you hit $25 in e-rewards currency and requested it).

It should show something like this:

Code:
As of		Description			Amount	ID#
10/06/2011	500 US Airways Dividend Miles	$0.00
If it shows, you're fine. If not, you may wish to be concerned.

Also note that my lag time was 7 days, which means if you just completed it the activity date will probably be mis-reported as Nov 18 (as an example). So while you'll get the miles, they won't automatically count as a hit and you'll need to follow-up with US (see the last part of my previous post).
Old Nov 13, 2011, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by esquish
any suggestions?
I'm with vysean on this one. If you can confirm the e-rewards deposit in your e-rewards account by tomorrow, you should be fine. There's a good chance it'll still post with the wrong activity date but there's a lot of us in that same boat.

If you decide you want another hit, 1-800-Flowers is still the best deal available. Based on past history, if you order TODAY, it should actually post tomorrow (Monday). I don't think it has to be same day delivery, either. I've done the minimum order ($9.99 book) and it's posted the next possible Monday regardless of shipping.

Other "cheap" ideas:

- If you happen to have Starwood points and you tend to redeem them for airline miles @ 20k with the 25% bonus, you would only lose the bonus redeeming the minimum qty now and it should post on Monday

- TrackItBack would cost $24.94 (and give 500 miles) and should post with an accurate activity date, based on past history.

Also keep in mind $37 to buy miles isn't that bad when you consider you actually get 1000 miles out of it.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Magazines

I got concerned when I saw that someone's magazine redemption actually states "magazines for miles redemption'.

Does anyone know why mine says:

9/14/2011 09/14/11 ONLINE REDEMPTION -400

Should I be concerned? Thanks
Old Nov 13, 2011, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by tormapleaf
Does anyone know why mine says:

9/14/2011 09/14/11 ONLINE REDEMPTION -400

Should I be concerned? Thanks
Don't be concerned. For some unknown reason, that's how the activity line reads this year. You'll get the hit.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 11:43 pm

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
I'm currently at 21 hits. I ha 5 car rentals for hertz late last month which still haven't hit my account . I used a speical promo code to get a good price . Just pick up/drop off rental , didn't use the car. I contacted hertz 4 days ago still no response. My skymall didn't register for some reason so I did another one. Hopefully that goes thru.
If all goes well that will take me to 27 with 1 more To go for 28 .its goin to be an expensive last hit probably do a hotel transfer.
Now I'm worried my hertz for some reason is invalid to receive miles due to the promo code used and if I transfer the Hilton points without then I wasted 10k I won't reach the next level.
I'm not sure what to do .
Old Nov 14, 2011, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by vysean
It should show something like this:

Code:
As of		Description			Amount	ID#
10/06/2011	500 US Airways Dividend Miles	$0.00
If it shows, you're fine. If not, you may wish to be concerned.
thank you so much that's exactly what i needed to know! i didn't see anything about that on the e-rewards thread but maybe i just missed it. my e-rewards shows nothing like that nor am i seeing anywhere under rewards where i can initiate the bonus transfer like some have reported. i am US-based so i will do one of the ones you mentioned if i can't find someone to share miles with. i wanted to do 1-800-flowers but i heard there were a lot of foul balls there...any advice on a cheap item that definitely counts?

thanks again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.