An Invitation to GS Promo Participants

Old Oct 31, 11, 1:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
An Invitation to GS Promo Participants

After almost two weeks of testing (thanks beta testers!), and with only two weeks to go until the end of the promotion , I'd like to invite anyone participating in the Grand Slam Promo who is interested to check out gsscorecard.com (GSS), a free resource to help you manage your participation in the GS promo. Creating a scorecard only takes a few minutes, and once you've done so you'll be able to quickly compare posting trends for your hits to other members, so you can tell if you're on track or might have hit a foul ball.

The site provides daily summaries for which partners should or have posted miles for a given day, and has other helpful reports including "Activity Lag by Partner", which will show you which partners most frequently mis-report the activity date (especially important as we near the end of the promo). The partner list page shows all partners and allows you to sort by popularity, average cost, and other values to help identify last-minute options to earn a safety hit or to bump to the next tier.

Managing large scorecards or multiple accounts? GSS provides features like bulk add/edit, copy/clone, and more to speed creation and update of scorecards. It will even warn you if you're planning to do more than the maximum allowed hits by partner or category.

Questions? Problems? Suggestions? Please post them here or PM me if you prefer. I will do my very best to respond in a timely manner, and if your question or problem is a common one, perhaps others will share information to assist you.

Yes, I do realize it's a bit late to be posting this for GS11 , but I believe it will provide value to anyone who wishes to use it - even this close to the end of the promo, and especially for anyone who has procrastinated (even now, it's quite possible to earn 24 hits / 40k miles easily) or might wish to help a friend or family member out with building up a mileage balance.
Old Oct 31, 11, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zohyeahz View Post
If you still need people - I would do it.
It's live now (although for some reason that announcement was merged into this beta thread) - see the post two above yours...
Old Oct 31, 11, 2:45 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I tried signing up several times today and the signup form just blanked on me when submitting. Most of my slamming is done and posted for 2011 so I would just be growing the database.
Old Oct 31, 11, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Exiled in Express View Post
I tried signing up several times today and the signup form just blanked on me when submitting. Most of my slamming is done and posted for 2011 so I would just be growing the database.
Yikes - it's been slow for me here at work but I thought perhaps that was just work.

I think it's probably the hosting provider. I'll have to see if there are any options in that regard...
Old Nov 1, 11, 9:57 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
I signed up but when I log on it says that my account/password cannot be found. I tried changing my password but still no luck.
Old Nov 3, 11, 3:34 am

There is a glitch in counting up GS bonuses -- after 24 posted hits, it shows only 40K bonus miles, but it should be 45K miles (40K regular + 5K PQM = 45K).
Old Nov 4, 11, 1:12 am

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Also, because of the 5 integer limit in the miles field I cannot enter that I purchased 100,000 miles.

Definitely a good project and I look forward to continual improvements - especially for next year. However, at least for now I find the spreadsheet method far faster for quickly typing and tabbing from field to field.
Old Nov 4, 11, 1:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by amolkold View Post
There is a glitch in counting up GS bonuses -- after 24 posted hits, it shows only 40K bonus miles, but it should be 45K miles (40K regular + 5K PQM = 45K).
I'm only showing RDMs at the moment - I'll work PQMs in there (probably as a separate column as I'd guess most people are only interested in RDMs). Give me a day or so on that...
Old Nov 4, 11, 1:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy View Post
Also, because of the 5 integer limit in the miles field I cannot enter that I purchased 100,000 miles.

Definitely a good project and I look forward to continual improvements - especially for next year. However, at least for now I find the spreadsheet method far faster for quickly typing and tabbing from field to field.
I'll fix the integer limit - sorry about that!

Thanks for the feedback - if you have any suggestions for how the data entry could be sped up, I'd love to hear them. The only thing I've noticed so far that I need to fix is the calendar widget resets the focus after selection, so it's impossible to tab through after selecting dates (I believe the problem is made irrelevant if you type in dates instead of using the picker widget).

I think the grouping of data elements on the enter/edit single hit could be improved - as an example the miles earned should be immediately under or near the posted date, since you should be able to view and confirm both fields at the same time on the US website.

I may remove some fields too - I'd have to check the raw data but I don't think anyone is using the hit URL/website field, probably few if any are restricting hit information from being shared, and I think there are only one or two users who have chosen alternate currency preferences. The fewer fields, the faster and easier data entry will be.

Another option for next year is to automatically check for hits on your US account and update your scorecard accordingly, and I could probably do that but I'd really rather not get into storing US DM account numbers and passwords.
Old Nov 5, 11, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by vysean View Post
I'm only showing RDMs at the moment - I'll work PQMs in there (probably as a separate column as I'd guess most people are only interested in RDMs). Give me a day or so on that...
The PQMs they're awarding are like flight-earned miles and count for both. So 24 hits gives you 5,000 PQMs which are also RDMs, and 40,000 miles that are only RDMs; a total of 45,000 RDMs.
Old Nov 7, 11, 11:16 am

Programs: UA 1P, AS MVP, WN CP; MR Ti, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, RR Au
I for one am very grateful for this site... I wanted to find something last night that would post immediately and I found several examples of 1-800-flowers orders on Sundays that posted on Monday. So definitely the "data mining" aspect has been key for me.

Search this Thread