Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Much for 32 to 36 hits

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2011, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by riversair
Which program did you transfer the 1 mile from, for exchange miles (points.com)? I see high minimums on all the ones I have in there.
Have a look at post #5 in the points.com master thread, which lists several options, including some very low-minimum ones.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 3:13 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by riversair
Which program did you transfer the 1 mile from, for exchange miles (points.com)? I see high minimums on all the ones I have in there.

Thanks,

Bob
Points.com allows (allowed?) 4 AA miles to 1 US DM mile if you had >25K AA miles in your account.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by amolkold
Points.com allows (allowed?) 4 AA miles to 1 US DM mile if you had >25K AA miles in your account.
Or if you have Plat or Exec Plat status.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 3:30 pm

I had greater than 25k in AA so it allowed me to do so
Old Nov 6, 2011, 3:36 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by udaykiran82
Any other cheap hits and suggestions mostly on hotels or hotel transfers as rest of all are done for me..
You might want to look at the Wyndham offers (US and Europe). You might have just enough time for the Europe one - which would give you 8,800 points (= 3,200 DM so a pretty good deal) after two stays so 3 hits and 4,200 DM for (2 x about $50). There's a quite recent post somewhere which gives the exact time of posting of the stays to the Wyndham Rewards account - it's something like 3 working days after the stay. The bonus miles post instantly with the second stay (or at least should do). Some people have had a few problems but the Hawthorn Reno stays have been posting reliably for me.

Or the US offer gives you (I think) a $20 gift card after the second stay.

Either way Wyndham allows no shows so you save the time and cost of travelling to your local Choice.

Edited to say: This post says "miles show in Wyndham Rewards account on 3rd business day following checkout date. They post to US DM account on the following Wednesday". So if you could stay tonight and Tuesday at Reno you should just sneak into getting your European promo bonus miles post on Monday week, just in time for the end of GS. Or you could stay at Reno tonight and another Hawthorn tomorrow night if you were confident the other hotel would post your no show without you having to follow it up.

Last edited by louie-m; Nov 6, 2011 at 4:54 am Reason: Add something!
Old Nov 6, 2011, 6:07 am

Thanks Louie...what is the cheapest for wyndham and at which place...

Uday
Originally Posted by louie-m
You might want to look at the Wyndham offers (US and Europe). You might have just enough time for the Europe one - which would give you 8,800 points (= 3,200 DM so a pretty good deal) after two stays so 3 hits and 4,200 DM for (2 x about $50). There's a quite recent post somewhere which gives the exact time of posting of the stays to the Wyndham Rewards account - it's something like 3 working days after the stay. The bonus miles post instantly with the second stay (or at least should do). Some people have had a few problems but the Hawthorn Reno stays have been posting reliably for me.

Or the US offer gives you (I think) a $20 gift card after the second stay.

Either way Wyndham allows no shows so you save the time and cost of travelling to your local Choice.

Edited to say: This post says "miles show in Wyndham Rewards account on 3rd business day following checkout date. They post to US DM account on the following Wednesday". So if you could stay tonight and Tuesday at Reno you should just sneak into getting your European promo bonus miles post on Monday week, just in time for the end of GS. Or you could stay at Reno tonight and another Hawthorn tomorrow night if you were confident the other hotel would post your no show without you having to follow it up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.