Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many safety hits?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2011, 8:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy

My problem children include 1-800-ForgetIt (my bad - I meant to say 1-800-Flowers) whose transactions posted early on, but then the same transactions no longer seems to post. Watch out for the "lets change the rules in the middle of the game mentality." Biscoff hiked costs then has been erratic about miles posted. Skymall vendors jettisoned battery purchases. The Dividend Miles>Asia>Dividend Miles gig has not always worked. A similiar American Airlines gig was killed off early. The toolbar has proven iffy as has OfficeMess and Thanks for Nothing (my bad - I meant to say OfficeMax and Thanks Again).
Hmm, all of those were solid singles for me....
The only one I am, was, concerned about was Sharebuilder, and it hit today.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by Gamecock
Just curious, did you fund the sharebuilder account? I didnt, and did not receive it (yet)...
Old Nov 1, 2011, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
I wasn't worried about any hits but now Shareholder concerns me. I'll trade tomorrow but the activity date from today's postings hint that it will be an uphill fight.

sigh.

Good thing i have 1 insurance hit... but now do i need another?
Old Nov 1, 2011, 10:14 pm

Programs: Several dozen
The problem with Biscoff beltway is not that they do not post but that the miles they award for the same transaction vary all over the map. It is like spinning a roulette wheel to see what number comes up. OfficeMess also has now posted 100%, but again the miles are all over the map. Possible sign of a manual process with poor internal control?

Over here we doing the same transactions repetitively with inconsistant results. We are seeing the epic fails the sandlot player may not see.

Thanks for Nothing, I-800-ForgetIt, the FoolBar, and the MP Dining Snub have all failed to post numerous times. At least we know I-800-ForgetIt was intentional.

Should have known when I first spotted USAirways raising the price to buy miles that this was gonna be a crooked ballgame. So sports fans lets shut 'er down. I invite you to Occupy the Ballfield! The only thing getting pitched down there is gonna be tents.

Down with Corporate Greed!

Fans Leave the Stands!

Update:

Cash refunds have been demanded and received from vendors misleading their customers concerning financial incentives for transactions. Dsquared37 is assured that the vendors were anything but bored expending the time and money to refund the customers.

Last edited by AlohaDaveKennedy; Nov 6, 2011 at 9:49 pm
Old Nov 4, 2011, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, United MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Platinum, Packer Owner
I called the Chairman's line today, trying to get an accurate read as to my hits. Fuggitaboutit! They had no idea.

I need 40 hits, as the extra EQM will allow me to retain Chairman. My calculation is that I have 40, with 39 credited, but I am going out tomorrow for my "safety hit", renting at a local Thrifty for 5 minutes, at a cost of $45.

Worth it to me.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 5:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I'm looking for 36 hits and have 28 posted

Waiting on these to post
  • Network Solutions (domain name purchase on 9/28 for $26.09)
  • Netflix (opened 10/13/11, 1-month free trial, first charge on 11/13/11)
  • FTD (10/27 delivery)
  • Wyndham transfer (11/4)
  • 2 Hertz rentals from this week

I guess we'll know in a few days if NetSol will indeed work as a hit. I'm a little hesitant about Netflix -- I used a new credit card and a different address, so hopefully they'll give me miles, but I won't know until a couple days after the GS ends.

These will get me to 34 hits. I can do one more Hertz rental to get to 35, then a cheap HHonors transfer to get to 36.

I did the 21st Century quote as an insurance hit, but maybe I should purchase some BW points to transfer as an insurance hit ... that'll be a game-time decision on the 13th.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 6:25 pm

I'd really like to avoid any safety hits. I have a few pending hits, but they are all in categories that seem pretty reliable. The one I'm worried about is netsol. I purchased in September, so I guess I'm hoping it will post next week. If it doesn't, I'll probably do one safety -- probably a rental car.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 6:28 pm

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by amolkold
I'm a little hesitant about Netflix -- I used a new credit card and a different address, so hopefully they'll give me miles, but I won't know until a couple days after the GS ends.
I didn't think you had to provide your address for Netflix? Did I miss something?
Old Nov 4, 2011, 6:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by vysean
I didn't think you had to provide your address for Netflix? Did I miss something?
You don't? I got the streaming service ... I guess when I mean address, I mean "billing address." The thing is, I cancelled an account back in August but don't remember which billing address I used, but it was a different card.

Originally Posted by lkar
I'd really like to avoid any safety hits. I have a few pending hits, but they are all in categories that seem pretty reliable. The one I'm worried about is netsol. I purchased in September, so I guess I'm hoping it will post next week. If it doesn't, I'll probably do one safety -- probably a rental car.
I hear ya ... I'm already just a few dollars over my price goal for 36 hits, but I'm at 34 hits, so it only makes sense to spend more for those last 2. I really don't want to have to spend extra for hit #36+ ... almost like a gamble.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 4:53 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by amolkold
Waiting on these to post
  • Netflix (opened 10/13/11, 1-month free trial, first charge on 11/13/11)

I'm a little hesitant about Netflix -- I used a new credit card and a different address, so hopefully they'll give me miles, but I won't know until a couple days after the GS ends.

I did the 21st Century quote as an insurance hit, but maybe I should purchase some BW points to transfer as an insurance hit ... that'll be a game-time decision on the 13th.
I am in the same boat as you. I feel fairly confident about Netflix - used a different email address, a different mailing address and a different credit card than the account I created last year. When I created the account this year it did not "welcome" me back, so I feel pretty good about.

It will, however not post until after the GS ends, so there is that leap of faith thing. I got the 21st Cent quote for insurance as well. I've a few more hotel stays next weekend, but otherwise I'm done and just waiting for miles to post now.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Gamecock
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy

My problem children include 1-800-ForgetIt (my bad - I meant to say 1-800-Flowers) whose transactions posted early on, but then the same transactions no longer seems to post. Watch out for the "lets change
the rules in the middle of the game mentality." Biscoff hiked costs then has been erratic about miles posted. Skymall vendors jettisoned battery purchases. The Dividend Miles>Asia>Dividend Miles gig has not always worked. A similiar American Airlines gig was killed off early. The toolbar has proven iffy as has OfficeMess and Thanks for Nothing (my bad - I meant to say OfficeMax and Thanks Again).
Hmm, all of those were solid singles for me....
When did you do your shareholder activity? Did you make a trade?
Old Nov 6, 2011, 1:36 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by dealswelike
When did you do your shareholder activity? Did you make a trade?
i am not sure if i want to do shareholder yet, as i got miles from last year, and some reported that they got denied miles for receiving miles in last year.

i have 33 hits posted, one car rental, one credit card (first statement should close on Nov 8), and netsol. if netsol does not pan out, i will buy miles.. for it.
as long as credit card statement closes, i think i am safe. otherwise, i will do netflix before nov 14.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 7:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
I'm at 33 hits, will have 1 last hotel sat this weekend, will churn rental cars dialyto get up to 37 hits, one for insurance.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Sigh, because it had to be done...

S-s-s-s A-a-a-a F-f-f-f E-e-e-e T-t-t-t Y-y-y-y
Safe, hits!

[Spoken]

We can hit if we want to
We can leave your friends behind
'Cause your friends don't hit and if they don't hit
Well, the miles are all mine

I say, we can go where we want to
A place where they will never find
And we can book any class of service we want
Go on Singapore Air-lines
Let's earn our hits

Sung

We can hit if we want to

Go on Singapore Air-lines
Let's earn our hits
Hits!

We can go where we want to
On a hit, run or a bunt
And we can dress real neat from our hats to our feet
Then change into PJ's up in front
Say, we can go where we want to
In an SQ first class suite
But please don't act real rude or you will be removed
After too much Chateau Lafite

[Refrain]

I say, we can hit, we can hit
We are all out of control
We can hit, we can hit
All that crap ordered from Sky Mall
We can hit, we can hit
Everyone eat a Biscoff Biscuit
We can hit, we can hit
Everybody rentin' from Si-ix-t

Safety hit
Get a safety hit
To get to thir-ty six

S-s-s-s A-a-a-a F-f-f-f E-e-e-e T-t-t-t Y-y-y-y
Safe, hits!

We can hit if we want to

On Singapore Air-lines
And earn our hits

[Refrain]

Is it safe to hit, Need a safety hit [6X]
Get your safety hit!

Mike
Old Nov 8, 2011, 4:54 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
So.... how confident are those of you that got miles for cancelled (by them) SkyMall orders that they won't be rescinded? Can't make up my mind if I need an insurance hit.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.