FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways 2011 Grand Slam Promotion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-2011-grand-slam-promotion-684/)
-   -   How do you tell if you got a hit? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-2011-grand-slam-promotion/1263278-how-do-you-tell-if-you-got-hit.html)

tacostuff Sep 26, 2011 9:59 am

How do you tell if you got a hit?

Does it show up somewhere when you earn a hit? Is it possible to see what earned you that hit (e.g,. 4 Avis rentals)?

mikeef Sep 26, 2011 10:02 am

Originally Posted by tacostuff (Post 17174923)
Does it show up somewhere when you earn a hit? Is it possible to see what earned you that hit (e.g,. 4 Avis rentals)?

It shows up a couple of times per month on your US account, likely starting at the end of September.

Mike

beltway Sep 26, 2011 10:16 am

Originally Posted by tacostuff (Post 17174923)

It's important to get the terminology right here:

A hit is a qualifying partner transaction. You can see all your hits whenever they post to your US account, although US will not give you a total count (you must add them up yourself) or tell you if a certain activity doesn't actually qualify (e.g., a hotel point transfer resulting in less than 850 miles).

A tier is a set of 4 hits that earns you a tier bonus. Tier bonuses post once every two weeks starting on 9/28.

It is possible to draw inferences about what is & isn't a valid hit, based on whether US gives a bonus in certain circumstances. Say a user has exactly 4 activities, where 3 of them are obviously valid hits and the fourth has uncertain status. Audience Rewards trivia is a good example; right now, we don't know if a 2-mile trivia credit will register as a Grand Slam hit after the first sweep in late September, users with Audience Rewards trivia as their 4th activity received a tier bonus, confirming that this is a valid hit.

craz Sep 26, 2011 10:21 am

Originally Posted by mikeef (Post 17174946)
It shows up a couple of times per month on your US account, likely starting at the end of September.

Mike

its possible that Miles will post but a Hit wont,and they post at different times usually from 1 another

reasons a Hit wont post but Miles will, eg a Hotel stay for $90 (rate) @ 2 p miles per $ = 180 miles less then the 200 needed, purchased an item from a vendor but that item was excluded from the T&Cs for earning a Hit , vendor never sent the item thusly I wasnt charged = no miles earned = no hit

I check to see if the charge came thru, if it did then if the reg miles got credited to my US acct, if it did then I wait for US to do the Run for Hits and check if that shows up. If the CC charge doesnt come thru or arrival of the purchased item then most likely a Hit wont post either. But its only 9/26, I will start to worry 10/26 but then again I have 3 car rentals booked for early Nov for a trip I will be taking so hopefully by then 33 Hits will have posted

beltway put it better in his post above mine I was referring to the Tier Bonuses as he mentions

Jazz_FB Oct 3, 2011 8:45 pm

Where do I see my total hits?

dsquared37 Oct 3, 2011 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by Jazz_FB (Post 17215996)

Dude, perhaps you'd like to spend more time reading some of the threads on here?

You will not get a helpful answer for this question. Of that I'm rather sure.

Nikolaos Oct 3, 2011 10:18 pm

Damn!! Seems beltway went to bed already!! :D

HikerT Oct 4, 2011 12:03 am

Haha! :D

beltway Oct 4, 2011 5:51 am

Originally Posted by Jazz_FB (Post 17215996)

Please read post #3 above.

Originally Posted by Nikolaos (Post 17216355)
Damn!! Seems beltway went to bed already!! :D

The sleep of the just.
:p

bajrbajr Oct 4, 2011 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by beltway (Post 17217318)
Please read post #3 above. :p

post #3 says "when" you can see a hit, it doesn't say "where"... ;)

Does the blue check mark in the BONUS column mean it is a hit?

iantowns Oct 5, 2011 1:38 am

Originally Posted by bajrbajr (Post 17222370)
Does the blue check mark in the BONUS column mean it is a hit?

Alas no, the tick in the bonus column simply means the miles posted are bonus miles, rather than preferred miles.

I think.

cruisr Oct 5, 2011 2:16 pm

I am a little confused. During the first sweep I got credit for 8 hits and therefor 10K miles. I actually counted 10 hits. Do they only show in increments of 4? If so then I guess I have to wait for the next round to see if they are considered hits.

Thanks

AlohaDaveKennedy Oct 5, 2011 2:27 pm

Yes, that is the way they worked for me - just shows the bonus miles actually racked up, not the partials.

Originally Posted by cruisr (Post 17225722)
I am a little confused. During the first sweep I got credit for 8 hits and therefor 10K miles. I actually counted 10 hits. Do they only show in increments of 4? If so then I guess I have to wait for the next round to see if they are considered hits.

Thanks

beltway Oct 5, 2011 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by cruisr (Post 17225722)

See post #3.

tripice351 Oct 6, 2011 10:52 pm

You might also get an e-mail titled " Your Grand Slam scorecard", which will tell you how many hits you have as of the moment that e-mail was generated. It will say something like this:

As of September 29, 2011, you’ve earned 7 hits for a total of 3,000 bonus miles! Don’t worry – there's still time to hit it out of the park!
As you can see, it doesn't break it down into what exactly those 7 hits were.

There has been discussion about these "scorecard" e-mails in the "How Many Hits So Far?" Thread. Apparently these e-mails can also cause more confusion, as the hitcount might not exactly be accurate as of that moment it was sent.