Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Office Max [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2011, 8:11 am

Thanks to all who got this fixed in a hurry!
Old Sep 23, 2011, 8:37 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by beltway
Folks, it's fixed now.
Is it really working? Can someone confirm? I just went through checkout and there is no where to enter a DM number.....
Old Sep 23, 2011, 8:43 am

Programs: Cutting down :-(
Originally Posted by soonerfanatic
Is it really working? Can someone confirm? I just went through checkout and there is no where to enter a DM number.....
It seems to be working. When you follow the link from US Airways the landing page requests you DM number. The number is then visible on every page after that.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 8:48 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, LH SEN, TB Emerald
works great, thanks for the people to make it happen.

You have to put your DM# directly after the link from the US AIRWAYS OFFICEMAX and then it appiers above in the Officemax Windows.

At checkout you will find US AIRWAYS MILES earned - then you will be safe.

And for all NON-US CC orders: You have to call CS at 1-800-283-7674 to manualy release the orders !!! (did it 3x now with success)
Old Sep 23, 2011, 9:03 am

Programs: US, AA, AM, BA, HH, SPG, PC, Carlson, Marriott, Choice
Office Max

Worked great. Thanks. Looking forward to those $2.99 Lifesavers...
Old Sep 23, 2011, 9:08 am
Suspended

once you have inputted your DM#, look towards the bottom of OMs home page and click on the Sharpie Markers, the middle on top is for 4 markers for $6.29 a $2 savings then during checkout put in SAVEATHON (I think it must be caps) and it takes 20% off so its $5.03 1 marker was $2.99 + shipping and tx
Old Sep 23, 2011, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta, Continental, US Airways, HHonors, Priority Club, Marriott
Originally Posted by soonerfanatic
It's working. Just ordered last night. Make sure you click the link on the US Airways site and don't just go to Office Max to order or it won't work.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by cvarming
It seems to be working. When you follow the link from US Airways the landing page requests you DM number. The number is then visible on every page after that.
That's a nice feature for the neurotics among us.

Thanks to all who kept on OM's and US's tushies to get this working. I'm going to enjoy my new calculator (I needed one anyway.).

Mike
Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:41 am

om charge tax on shipping?

bot an 85 cents refill
but the tax is 66 cents!!
Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by craz
once you have inputted your DM#, look towards the bottom of OMs home page and click on the Sharpie Markers, the middle on top is for 4 markers for $6.29 a $2 savings then during checkout put in SAVEATHON (I think it must be caps) and it takes 20% off so its $5.03 1 marker was $2.99 + shipping and tx
This is what I was going to ask - using the SAVEATHON code doesn't invalidate the Grand Slam promotion hit, does it? I assume not.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:58 am

Programs: United 2P, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Thanks to everyone who helped to get this fixed!
Old Sep 23, 2011, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by earthsci
bot an 85 cents refill
but the tax is 66 cents!!
I noticed this with skymall too.

I think the state taxing authorities (at least in some states including mine) must take the position that if you charge a shipping cost that is in excess of your actual shipping costs, you have to treat the extra as income subject to tax.

I think that's probably a sound rule. None of these places is charging their true flat-rate shipping cost, but instead use the minimum shipping amount as a profit center. It's sort of like those infomercials that charge a small amount for crappy products but tack on $10 for shipping and handling. I guess they are not allowed to avoid taxation when they do that.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by aglasgow
Worked great. Thanks. Looking forward to those $2.99 Lifesavers...
Holy Carp ! Lifesavers...
I was just about to order a $2 highlighter
(which I already have a BOX of...)
....but Lifesavers I can really use, thanks ! ^
Old Sep 23, 2011, 1:59 pm

Programs: DL, AA, BA, SPG
Is everyone paying $8 to ship their $1 item? Anyone considered buying a $50 item and and a $1 item to avoid shipping charges and returning the $50 item in a store?
Old Sep 23, 2011, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA AS DL UA US WN Choice Gold, BW Diamond, PClub Plat, HHonnors Gold, Marriott, Carlson Gold
Great to have OM back! I think the management of OM will like today's sales!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.