Wiki Posts
Search

Office Max [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2011, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by beltway
I've bolded the part that matters. Got this email yesterday; credit posted a short while ago.
I also got the email, but not the credit. I think they know you're the guy who seems to be running this whole operation on FT.

Mike
Old Oct 14, 2011, 2:19 pm

It took 2 days for my credit to show up after sending the email, but it did. Give it 2 days.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by mikeef
I also got the email, but not the credit. I think they know you're the guy who seems to be running this whole operation on FT.
For a criminal mastermind, I don't seem to be racking up the expected ill-gotten gain. Should I build an ice fortress in the Arctic or something?
Old Oct 14, 2011, 3:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold; AA Platinum;Marriott Gold; Hyatt Diamond
Emailed OfficeMax on 10/12/11 and received my credit 10/13/11. Sent them an email through the "contact us" tab on their website.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by cupps
Emailed OfficeMax on 10/12/11 and received my credit 10/13/11. Sent them an email through the "contact us" tab on their website.
I e-mailed them 10/13/11 and it posted just now. Even though they stated it will take 8 weeks.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 4:46 pm

Add me to those who sent the e-mail yesterday and got the points today. I did my order on 9/26 but the activity date posted as yesterday as others are reporting.

So, this is definitely not a last minute hit -- anyone who hasn't done this one yet should asap.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 5:04 pm

Just emailed them. would call, but don't feel like it right now.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 5:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
I emailed them Wednesday night, go an email late yesterday, no miles yet.

OK, some time in the last 1 hour and 20 minutes the miles hit my account. Now I freed up to obsess on other hits.

Last edited by Gamecock; Oct 14, 2011 at 7:14 pm
Old Oct 15, 2011, 7:14 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I emailed them Thursday about missing credit and it showed up next day!

10/13/2011 10/14/11 OFFICEMAX CREDIT 6
Old Oct 15, 2011, 8:00 am

A recap

Once more, let's reflect for a moment on how badly OMX has handled their supposed partnership with US:
  • They managed to break their landing page for the US offer.
  • When people called OMX to report and complain, their CSRs -- including supervisors -- gave various conflicting (and equally wrong-headed) accounts ranging from "the US website is broken; call them" to "just log into your US account and the information will be automagically transferred to our website when you click on the partner link."
    • (I leave aside the fact that assorted people here on FT tried to argue in support of these fatuous claims, notwithstanding the available evidence and certain incontrovertible facts about how HTTP works.)
  • Eventually, after enough people complained to US and OMX, the latter promised to fix the problem. After an inexplicably long wait of several days, the US offer landing page finally returned, offering a place to enter your US number ...
  • ...except that this "fix" had no effect whatsoever, except the placebo effect of calming exasperated GSers, who assumed that OMX was actually capable of disambiguating Shinola from other substances.
  • As a result, it's Groundhog Day again, with FTers calling OMX, only to be told by their utterly stupid CSRs that "we don't ever get your US number; call them about this order" and/or "wait 6-8 weeks and everything will be Just Fine."
  • So OMX suffers yet another self-inflicted wound as its phone & email CSRs field a deluge of customer requests for manual posting of miles.

If there's a business school course called "Organizational Incompetence: How to Be More Dense Than Molybdenum," this case study really needs to be taught there.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 9:43 am

Programs: AAdvantage Elite Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, BA
Originally Posted by HikerT
It took 2 days for my credit to show up after sending the email, but it did. Give it 2 days.
Mine took less than 8 hours.

Used the link under Customer Service/Orders

No need to call.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 9:48 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles (Silver), PriorityClub (Platinum), BA, AA, CO, Hilton Honor, SPG
Great

I was thinking if I should order from OfficeMax and get the hit. Now it seems email works fine. I am going to place an other and see what happen :-) Thank you all
Old Oct 15, 2011, 11:01 am

Good summary beltway. Sounds like what I might expect from a company that pays for signature only delivery of a two cubic foot cardboard box for a $2.99 bag of lifesavers.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 11:14 am

Actually, this wasn't too bad of a hit. A first world problem at best. Just cost me $10, some lost patience, and one email. I'll take it over any of the $20+ hits. I think NetSol w/ coupon is going to be the cardiac bet this year with 20K GS miles riding on it for a lot of folks if they don't insure it with another hit. No thanks!
Old Oct 15, 2011, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA(PPro), UA, AGR, BW(Plat), HH, WoH, MB(S)
I have to say that OfficeMax resolved the problem for me quickly and easily. One e-mail from me, acknowledgment from them, miles posted two days later. Sometimes a good measure of service is how problems are handled. I'd give OfficeMax high marks in that regard.

No signature required on my order (printer ink).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.