Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Coupon on Shopping Mall stores?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2011, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Coupon on Shopping Mall stores?

Can I use a coupon on regular shopping mall stores (i.e. Costplus, staples) and still get a hit?
Old Sep 14, 2011, 5:05 pm

Programs: MR Gold, Hilton Gold, US Silver, WN No Luv
Definitely not recommended but YMMV.
Coupon codes often over-ride the cookie codes placed by the mall so you are now getting a discount (promotion) instead of miles (promotion).
If it's a coupon the store issued to you or that you find on the merchant site after you've clicked on the link from the US Airways mall you are probably fine.
But if it's a coupon you found on the internet or click to from another site then it will conflict with the US Airways mall and most likely you won't earn any miles.
So the key question is....which is worth more to you the coupon savings or the miles and the hit?
Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:47 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards-Lifetime Titanium, Priority Club-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, United-Silver
Originally Posted by miss bianca
Can I use a coupon on regular shopping mall stores (i.e. Costplus, staples) and still get a hit?
Just do a real cheap shopping mall hit like the Gaiam Tree which was $2.00 or buy a song on Itunes. Then you don't have to worry about whether a coupon invalidates the hit.

I did the Gaiam Tree since it made me feel better that I offset some or all of the carbon footprint I generated from participating in Grand Slam.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

thanks - I can never get the one from itunes to work. I have it installed on my computer and purchase stuff but never get the miles.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 12:25 pm

If you plan to buy anything from Amazon in the next 2 months -- including an MP3 song download -- there's your hit.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 1:05 pm

Programs: spirit elite, MRgold Hilton Gold
I've used many coupon codes on shopping mall stuff before and always gotten miles. I'd assume if you get the miles youre going to get the hit. If its something you're going to buy anyways use the coupon code see what happens. If it doesnt work you can use one of the el cheapo hits later if you need the hit.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beachbrew
I've used many coupon codes on shopping mall stuff before and always gotten miles. I'd assume if you get the miles youre going to get the hit. If its something you're going to buy anyways use the coupon code see what happens. If it doesnt work you can use one of the el cheapo hits later if you need the hit.
Good point - thats what I'll do
Old Sep 16, 2011, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by nickfromct
Just do a real cheap shopping mall hit like the Gaiam Tree which was $2.00 ...I did the Gaiam Tree since it made me feel better ....
OK, did that. Feeling a little better. @:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.