Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 5 Credit Card Hits

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2011, 7:27 pm

One mile posted on 10/5/11 but no 3000 bonus miles. I had to call Dividend miles CS who suggested I email to inquire. Still haven't heard back yet.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by TorontoSingh
My BOA US Airways Debit card arrived yesterday after waiting for about 2 weeks but surprisingly the card's envelope was not sealed. Luckily the card was still inside the envelope. What a gross negligence. Immediately called my phone company automated system and paid $2 towards my bill. Another easy hit. Free in my book with the 3,000 welcome bonus miles if you value them at 1 cent each.

booyaa to you. Meetoo.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 9:05 am

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
If you recently opened a new US debit or credit card account, and have yet to see miles post, read this!!!

I read somewhere here on FT recently that sometimes BofA and Barclays opens a NEW DM account for you when you get a new card -- even if you include your already-existing DM account when you apply for the new card.

So I called the US DM service center and -- yup -- that's exactly what happened to me. Luckily for me, the agent I spoke with had had the same thing happen to HIM when he got a new BofA debit card!!! So he knew exactly what to look for.

If you received a new card in the last month and made a purchase and have yet to receive the miles, call the DM service center and ask them to look up your name and see if another account was created for you. If so, they will merge the new account with your existing account.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 9:15 am

tommyleo-

Would this also apply if I received the One miles for lst purchase with debit card but NO 3000 bonus miles?
Old Oct 12, 2011, 9:15 am

Is there a number you have handy..
Originally Posted by tommyleo
If you recently opened a new US debit or credit card account, and have yet to see miles post, read this!!!

I read somewhere here on FT recently that sometimes BofA and Barclays opens a NEW DM account for you when you get a new card -- even if you include your already-existing DM account when you apply for the new card.

So I called the US DM service center and -- yup -- that's exactly what happened to me. Luckily for me, the agent I spoke with had had the same thing happen to HIM when he got a new BofA debit card!!! So he knew exactly what to look for.

If you received a new card in the last month and made a purchase and have yet to receive the miles, call the DM service center and ask them to look up your name and see if another account was created for you. If so, they will merge the new account with your existing account.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 9:16 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
cancelled card

I have (had) a US Barclays credit card that carried a $79 annual fee. I charged a couple of tickets on it last month, but it was after the September cut off, and so those charges are still pending. When the September bill with only the annual fee came I called to see if they would remove or lessen the annual fee. They refused, so I cancelled the card.

I should be getting the bill for the airline tickets any day, and was going to pay it in full pretty much as soon as it arrives. Will I still get a hit? I charged the tickets after 9/14.

Last edited by dwcatty; Oct 12, 2011 at 12:15 pm Reason: wrong bank
Old Oct 12, 2011, 9:23 am

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by metoo
Would this also apply if I received the One miles for lst purchase with debit card but NO 3000 bonus miles?
That's weird. My other account had both the one mile for the purchase and the 3000 bonus miles. I would call to inquire.

Originally Posted by udaykiran82
Is there a number you have handy..
800-428-4322
Old Oct 12, 2011, 11:39 am

Programs: Nada :(
Do the 40k bonus miles for the mastercard post with your first statement or as soon as you earn them? I haven't gotten a statement yet and was wondering if I should check into this dual DM account issue now or wait and see....
Old Oct 12, 2011, 11:52 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kfennell
Do the 40k bonus miles for the mastercard post with your first statement or as soon as you earn them? I haven't gotten a statement yet and was wondering if I should check into this dual DM account issue now or wait and see....
They post with the first statement. The MC is issued by Barclay's, not BofA, which is whom the debit card issue is with.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 1:10 pm

Programs: Nada :(
Originally Posted by amolkold
They post with the first statement. The MC is issued by Barclay's, not BofA, which is whom the debit card issue is with.
Thanks. I was under the impression that Barclays also opened a new DM account for you.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 7:28 pm

Programs: Marriott, SW, United
tommyleo is correct. Called after having my BOA debit card for a couple of weeks to check and it was not linked to DM. In the end, we cancelled the old card and a new card is being issued with the funds transferred to the new account.
Seems unusual but it did not appear anyone in the call center had heard this one before.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by Bud Florida
That's exactly what happened in my case. Thanks for the tip!

One followup question. The miles are now in my old account but the activity history is not. Does the line item activity take some time to post or should I be concerned?

Last edited by audio-nut; Oct 12, 2011 at 8:43 pm
Old Oct 12, 2011, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by audio-nut
One followup question. The miles are now in my old account but the activity history is not. Does the line item activity take some time to post or should I be concerned?
See posts 71-74, posted just yesterday and only one page prior, for the answer to this very question.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by nabeelj
See posts 71-74, posted just yesterday and only one page prior, for the answer to this very question.
Thanks. I feel silly.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 9:59 pm

US airways CS is retarded!!!! I called CS twice and couldn't get the 3000 bonus miles applied even though I received one mile posted on 10/5/11 for the purchase.

CS suggested I send an email to inquire. Tonight I get a response about applying and needing approval for the U.S. Mastercard and then waiting 4 weeks for posting of miles.

I wrote back stating I am NOT inquiring about the U.S. Mastercard but the U.S. Airways DEBIT CARD.

Gosh......I hope they are better at booking my awards travel than trying to solve any problems with the GS.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.