Wiki Posts
Search

The 5 Credit Card Hits

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2011, 7:09 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by keirnna
I agree, it's been a damn catastrophe.
I requested my BofA card on September 15th. I requested it again on September 25th. Finally, I just called them last weekend. Still no sign of it.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 7:16 pm

Programs: US, AA, Delta, BA, Hilton, Marriot, HYATT
Originally Posted by amolkold
I requested my BofA card on September 15th. I requested it again on September 25th. Finally, I just called them last weekend. Still no sign of it.
Is there a way to check the status without calling them?
Old Oct 7, 2011, 10:32 am

My BOA US Airways Debit card arrived yesterday after waiting for about 2 weeks but surprisingly the card's envelope was not sealed. Luckily the card was still inside the envelope. What a gross negligence. Immediately called my phone company automated system and paid $2 towards my bill. Another easy hit. Free in my book with the 3,000 welcome bonus miles if you value them at 1 cent each.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by kendenton
Getting this BofA Debit card is turning into a chore.

9/26, Applied from the link of the US website.

9/27, Got e-mail asking me to call in to verify some things. Called in, turns out my app was for a card out of California. Rep says this happens all the time. She transferred my app out of California.

10/4, Big packet of paperwork arrives, no card yet.

10/6, Card finally arrives. No US Airways logo on anything. Called in, rep confirms it's just a generic account. Converted it to a US Airways account and linked my DM number. New card should arrive in 4-7 days.

*sigh*
Same here.

I opened an e-banking account with the minimum of $25. Use the card, close the account, right? I go to a branch to deposite $7 cash to bring the account up to cover the $30 card fee. The teller tells me I have to use an ATM or I get charged a fee. So I go outside the branch to find that their ATM is broken. I go back inside, wait in line, and another teller says I should go to the grocery store across the street. To there I go--but that ATM does not accept deposits. Back to the branch and I am greeted by the branch manager. I explain my trouble and my desire to deposite $7 cash. Instead of helping me with my problem, the branch manager takes me to her office, and proceeds to call the BofA branch 7 miles down the road to see if "their ATM is working so you can make that deposit."

Really?

I think we can all agree that BofA is doomed.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by kendenton
Getting this BofA Debit card is turning into a chore.

9/26, Applied from the link of the US website.

9/27, Got e-mail asking me to call in to verify some things. Called in, turns out my app was for a card out of California. Rep says this happens all the time. She transferred my app out of California.

10/4, Big packet of paperwork arrives, no card yet.

10/6, Card finally arrives. No US Airways logo on anything. Called in, rep confirms it's just a generic account. Converted it to a US Airways account and linked my DM number. New card should arrive in 4-7 days.

*sigh*
Same thing here, all the way down the line.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 2:49 pm

I got my US Air MasterCard on 9/19, made a quick purchase ($1.94 at a KFC that was part of the Dining program, so it was a double hit) and just today, got the 40K bonus miles and 2 mile hit.

Still waiting on the debit card ...
Old Oct 9, 2011, 3:00 pm

For BofA US Airways debit card, T&C shows that "You will receive 3,000 Dividend miles after you use the card for the first point of sale". But from what I can gather here, the welcome bonus miles are posted the beginning of each month and not right after you made your first $2 minimum purchase? So they are posted the same time you receive your monthly miles from debit card purchases?
Old Oct 9, 2011, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by TorontoSingh
For BofA US Airways debit card, T&C shows that "You will receive 3,000 Dividend miles after you use the card for the first point of sale". But from what I can gather here, the welcome bonus miles are posted the beginning of each month and not right after you made your first $2 minimum purchase? So they are posted the same time you receive your monthly miles from debit card purchases?
Received my one mile "hit" for using the Debit card. I do not have the 3000 bonus miles yet. I wrote an email to [email protected] and they are looking into this. I have a reference number and they said they would get back to me within 3 to 4 biz days.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 8:18 pm

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
Originally Posted by TorontoSingh
That's the way it worked for me when I got my card.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 8:47 pm

Programs: Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by adkrick
I am doing Grand Slam for both myself and my 16 year old daughter. I was going to get her her first checking account/debit card but the minimum age is 18 so I had pretty much written off her getting any of these credit/debit card hits.

Then...

I booked a USAir ticket for her recently, paid for with MY USAir Mastercard. This line item showed up on HER DM statement:

9/29/2011 10/01/11 MCQ3-USAIRWAYS MASTERCARD 1000 BONUS 1,000

Anyone think that this might generate a hit somehow?
Can someone confirm that this counts as a hit?
Old Oct 11, 2011, 7:30 am

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Called US last night and my suspicions were correct, BoA opened a new US account for my debit deposits. I got the 3,0XX miles moved without issue but no activity line, BoA or otherwise, was generated on my surviving account. Hopefully November's sweep posts correctly without intervention or I am going to have to fight for the hit.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 8:23 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
Called US last night and my suspicions were correct, BoA opened a new US account for my debit deposits. I got the 3,0XX miles moved without issue but no activity line, BoA or otherwise, was generated on my surviving account. Hopefully November's sweep posts correctly without intervention or I am going to have to fight for the hit.
I had that same problem last year, the miles reflected in my balance but no activity showed. The hit did count fine.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 9:16 am

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nabeelj
I had that same problem last year, the miles reflected in my balance but no activity showed. The hit did count fine.

Thanks for that info. Did the future miles for spending post correctly? I plan on using this card quite a bit before the $5 fee kicks in.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 9:18 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
Thanks for that info. Did the future miles for spending post correctly? I plan on using this card quite a bit before the $5 fee kicks in.
Yes, including the ones for September spending that counted for GS11.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 2:54 pm

Finally got my debit card and activated it -- I'll be using it sometime during the next couple of days when I find myself with a cheap transaction (> $2)

I had to call and it ended up taking 16 days to send it, so if you requested online and there's no sign of it, CALL. Also, MAKE SURE you tell them that you already have a DM number and that you provide it -- my agent was about to open up a new DM account for me before I asked, "do you need my DM number?"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.