Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Many Hits So Far?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2011, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
So multiple Hertz rentals work? I thought you could only get one hit from them... Do you just include your US number to have it post?
Yes multiple Hertz rentals will count. You can get a maximum of six rental car hits.

Enter your DM number at the time of reservation so the partner points will post to your DM account and thus get the hit.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by keirnna
Right, mine too. They definitely used to count for a hit. Again, some dogooder called US Airways about it last week and posted something about that it wouldn't count for a hit after what had already posted. Who knows for sure, but something is not counting for all of these people. Between this, Sharebuilder, etc I'm really wishing I would have just started doing my kids accounts last week.
Why, why, why would someone call US about the trivia counting as a hit??? My AR trivia posted on 10/10, but I didn't have a sweep until this week. I had ten things, so I couldn't tell if it counted or not. I'm like exactly at 16, now I'm going to have to find one more thing to do just in case. Ugh!
Old Oct 26, 2011, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA AS DL UA US WN Choice Gold, BW Diamond, PClub Plat, HHonnors Gold, Marriott, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Lyssa
Why, why, why would someone call US about the trivia counting as a hit??? My AR trivia posted on 10/10, but I didn't have a sweep until this week. I had ten things, so I couldn't tell if it counted or not. I'm like exactly at 16, now I'm going to have to find one more thing to do just in case. Ugh!
Nowhere whatsoever in the terms and conditions or in the FAQs does it say that Audience Rewards trivia is excluded. It is not mentioned explicitly for certain and not even implicitly. DM will need to modify the terms and conditions and / or the rules and / or the FAQs to disallow it.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 3:12 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT, AA Plat (2MM), BA, UA/CO
Any chance of hits being undone?

I have received a few hits (by which I mean I have received the my corresponding bonus miles for these activities) which some people are now suggesting should have been fouls. Am I in the clear for all of these or is there some possibility that US Air may later call these fouls and take back my miles?

xlax (aka "tpgsv" - the paranoid grand slam virgin)
Old Oct 26, 2011, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP,AS MVPG,MR Platinum,HH Gold
Originally Posted by kvs25
When did you sign up for TD and how long did it take to post?
Of course! I signed up for the TD account towards the end of September but didn't fund it until 10/20, and it posted 10/26 with an activity date of 10/20.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by dwcatty
Here is the post. October 17th. Bleh.
Is this what has everyone in a tizzy?

Last week I confirmed over the phone with DM that I received a hit for answering 1 of the 2 point trivia questions. It was free.. However, he said all subsequent point deposits from Audience Rewards would not count as a hit in this years GS.
I interpret that as meaning that the first AR Trivia hit counts per account and subsequent ones in the SAME account don't count as hits. Remember, lots of these call centre staff are overseas and the way they speak English may be a bit more formal than the way we speak it.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by Tiki
It's the fact that the poster called and asked about it in the first place. Regardless of whether or not this prompted US to take action, it was, as they say in France, a truly Dumas move to call and draw attention to it.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA AS DL UA US WN Choice Gold, BW Diamond, PClub Plat, HHonnors Gold, Marriott, Carlson Gold

I interpret that as meaning that the first AR Trivia hit counts per account and subsequent ones in the SAME account don't count as hits. Remember, lots of these call centre staff are overseas and the way they speak English may be a bit more formal than the way we speak it.
Of course more miles from the same partner do not count for this year's GS. This goes for all partners except for hotel stays and car rentals...duh! I think the CS person was just making that clear.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 3:56 pm

So for this person who called, no more of his AR trivia will count as additional hits, but for the rest of us who haven't had an AR hit yet, the trivia will count for the first AR hit? This is about as clear as mud. Blah.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Lyssa
So for this person who called, no more of his AR trivia will count as additional hits, but for the rest of us who haven't had an AR hit yet, the trivia will count for the first AR hit? This is about as clear as mud. Blah.
That would be my interpretation. There have been lots of confirmations from many people that AR Trivia has been counting. Oddly enough, my husband's and my accounts have never been at a number divisible by 4 to confirm a hit when a sweep happens. He's at 32 hits exactly right now but they did the sweep early (2 days ago) so probably won't do another one this week. I hope they send out another scorecard email so we could be sure if they are all counting, but it would be more helpful if they don't do this on a Wed or Thur as these are the days when most partners post and time of day could be a factor.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 4:18 pm

Programs: US Silver, Club Carlson Gold
I've got 29 hits posted, got my 28-point tier bonus yesterday. I have 3 more Hertz rentals and a hotel stay to get me to 33.

The rest of my hits are going to be iffy.
  • I'm waiting (like many others) for Network Solutions to post.
  • I opened a Barclay's M/C, made a purchase, hoping the miles get posted before the deadline.
  • I opened a BofA debit cart, again hoping the miles post before the deadline.
  • Requested an e-miles transfer weeks ago

I did a 21st Century insurance quote which may or may not count (or even post in time), and I could do another hotel stay if need be.

This quest is too much fun, I will make 36 ^
Old Oct 26, 2011, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by mikeef
Congrats! Just as a true FTer would do it. You should be proud.

US Airways did an admirable job plugging the holes this year but there are still plenty of others. No doubt those will get plugged for next year. Don't worry, there will always be holes.

Mike
Not necessarily as they could end up shooting themselves in the foot if they make it TOO hard to achieve. I don't normally bother with the bloggers as all they basically do is copy stuff from FT and blast it out to a larger audience (still not sure what they gain by this). But I had a quick look at some of them and most of their followers are really struggling to get the 16 hits for 25k bonus. From US's point of view, they are getting a lot of new customers away from other airlines. Most of the newbies won't have the experience to get the best redemptions and will blow them on a domestic trip to see grandma in Tulsa and will end up paying baggage fees and paid tickets for accompanying people.

The people who make the most of this promo are probably not as many as you think. Either you have to be a business traveller getting your travel paid and redirecting your business to US's partners, or you need to plan the whole year (what I did) acquiring hotel points from Topguest and E-Rewards to get free hits from hotel transfers. Most people won't have the cash to buy a bunch of unwanted stuff to get them into the major leagues where they get the big bonuses.

US also has to consider the impact on their partners. I bet IHG, Marriott and Hilton aren't too happy that stays at their lower end brands won't be enough to generate a hit so they have probably lost a lot of business to Wyndham, BW, Choice and anyone else who is giving 250 miles per stay. The 200 mile minimum I understand was to prevent the cheap SPG meal hits but it was overkill as it hurt other hotel brands. A 100 mile minimum would be more reasonable and let people include HIX's, Hamptons, Courtyards, etc. that wouldn't normally get a hit.

Oops, just noticed the topic: I have 31 posted out of 37, Mr Tiki has 32 out of 37 posted.

Last edited by Tiki; Oct 26, 2011 at 4:31 pm
Old Oct 26, 2011, 4:57 pm

Programs: Several dozen
Hmmm...to play in the big leagues doesn't really require business travel or a year's preparation. The trick is not to grow miles vertically but horizontally.

310,729 and climbing

Not necessarily as they could end up shooting themselves in the foot if they make it TOO hard to achieve. I don't normally bother with the bloggers as all they basically do is copy stuff from FT and blast it out to a larger audience (still not sure what they gain by this). But I had a quick look at some of them and most of their followers are really struggling to get the 16 hits for 25k bonus. From US's point of view, they are getting a lot of new customers away from other airlines. Most of the newbies won't have the experience to get the best redemptions and will blow them on a domestic trip to see grandma in Tulsa and will end up paying baggage fees and paid tickets for accompanying people.

The people who make the most of this promo are probably not as many as you think. Either you have to be a business traveller getting your travel paid and redirecting your business to US's partners, or you need to plan the whole year (what I did) acquiring hotel points from Topguest and E-Rewards to get free hits from hotel transfers. Most people won't have the cash to buy a bunch of unwanted stuff to get them into the major leagues where they get the big bonuses.

US also has to consider the impact on their partners. I bet IHG, Marriott and Hilton aren't too happy that stays at their lower end brands won't be enough to generate a hit so they have probably lost a lot of business to Wyndham, BW, Choice and anyone else who is giving 250 miles per stay. The 200 mile minimum I understand was to prevent the cheap SPG meal hits but it was overkill as it hurt other hotel brands. A 100 mile minimum would be more reasonable and let people include HIX's, Hamptons, Courtyards, etc. that wouldn't normally get a hit.

Oops, just noticed the topic: I have 31 posted out of 37, Mr Tiki has 32 out of 37 posted.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 5:20 pm

Programs: ALL MAJOR FFP AND FSP
Originally Posted by kendenton
I've got 29 hits posted, got my 28-point tier bonus yesterday. I have 3 more Hertz rentals and a hotel stay to get me to 33.

The rest of my hits are going to be iffy.
  • I'm waiting (like many others) for Network Solutions to post.
  • I opened a Barclay's M/C, made a purchase, hoping the miles get posted before the deadline.
  • I opened a BofA debit cart, again hoping the miles post before the deadline.
  • Requested an e-miles transfer weeks ago

I did a 21st Century insurance quote which may or may not count (or even post in time), and I could do another hotel stay if need be.

This quest is too much fun, I will make 36 ^
Could you confirm you had a sweep for hits yesterday the 25th Oct? If i am calculating correctly, they are sweeping every other week from 28th Sep, which means the sweeps should take place on the following dates:

12TH Oct
26TH Oct (today)

i'm still waiting for my sweep to keep in, anyone else got hits posted since the 12th Oct sweep?
Old Oct 26, 2011, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, Continental, US Airways, HHonors, Priority Club, Marriott
Originally Posted by beltway
It's the fact that the poster called and asked about it in the first place. Regardless of whether or not this prompted US to take action, it was, as they say in France, a truly Dumas move to call and draw attention to it.

Why,for the love of Pete, would someone call to see if AR trivia counts as a hit, when NUMEROUS people have already confirmed it counted. Some people don't use the brains God gave them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.