Wiki Posts
Search

How Many Hits So Far?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2011, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by fierydragon
As of my 9/30 statement date, I show the following GS activity, but no 4-Hit 3000-mile bonus has posted, and I did not get an email from USairways. I am registered, and DID receive the confirmation of registration from them. Am I just too low on the hit count to have been in the latest sweep, or is this a cause for concern?

8/4/2011 09/08/11 DIVIDEND MILES TOOLBAR SEARCH BONUS 3
9/20/2011 09/20/11 ONLINE REDEMPTION -400
9/20/2011 09/21/11 EXCHANGE MILES 1
9/21/2011 09/30/11 DM DINING BONUS,DADDY O'S CAFE 42
9/24/2011 09/24/11 US WORLD CARD: EVERYDAY PURCHASES 35

We know the toolbar doesn't count yet, so what is it? Is it the "Online Redemption" which is Magazines for Miles? Is that going to show up in some other way? It's that or the US World Card, but that $35 included two transactions after 9/15.

Thanks for any input.
It's DM Dining, which hit too late to count.

Mike
Old Oct 2, 2011, 4:16 pm

Yep, sweep was done on 9/29. You only had 3 hits post by then.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 4:19 pm

Thanks Mike and HikerT.... With all the talk about the "double sweep" over this last period I thought it stretched until the end of the month....
Old Oct 2, 2011, 7:36 pm

Programs: Starwood, Delta, American Airlines, USA, United
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
Based on my 12 hit credit given today, seems so. As I noted, there is only one other possible explanation and that is if my Amazon purchase with 9/8 activity date was mistakenly counted as a hit based on 9/15 post date. Highly unlikely since US has been very good about tracking activity dates only in promos.
hey, did you get that TWITTER sign promo? I am still chasing that one down
Old Oct 2, 2011, 7:44 pm

Programs: Starwood, Delta, American Airlines, USA, United
Originally Posted by lkar
Actually, they are two different partners (albeit with similar names). The partner where you give up miles for magazines is called "Magazines for Miles." Your experience seems similar to others, although once it posts it seems like a very reliable hit.

The entity I'm talking about is Magazine Mileage Awards. This is also listed as a partner on US's web site. It's different from MFM in that you pay cash for magazines and you get miles. It is not listed as a partner that can generate a "hit" as part of the GS promotion in the official terms and conditions or rules. However, I've been curious whether it might be a "secret" hit, because it seems weird to me that it's not on the list and I wonder whether US's computers are really going to kick it out as a hit. I have no reason to believe it will be a hit, but am curious, so one of my family members is using an account to experiment. But, as noted, the miles have not yet posted for my magazine order, so I'm wondering whether anyone else out there has used it in the past to get miles and might be able to tell me whether this is unusual or routine.
I have a problem with MFM: did one "purchase" per family member (4) and 3 posted almost immediately and the one still has not shown up yet. Did these Sept 15th
Old Oct 3, 2011, 6:38 am

Programs: Back to lowly AA Gold (1.8 MM); Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
Current Champion?

Going back through the thread I see what appears to be a tie between Soonerfanatic and drbobguy as leading the pack with 20 reported credited tier hits (35,000 bonus miles). Anyone receive more?
Old Oct 3, 2011, 7:11 am

Hoping to get few more posting today (or atleast this week) since some of the partners send their feed to US Airways once a month and beginning of the month.

Have not gotten any over the weekend.
Let's see.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 7:31 am

Red face Grand slam for maximum hits

New to this game, so I am not sure about the maximum 6 hits per car rental or hotel stays. Can they be the same chains like Marriott or Hertz for 6 individual rentals and 6 individual stays or do they have to be spread out over 6 different hotel and car brands within the program ? I am going to be booking hotel for 5 different stays and would like to stay with Marriott but not sure if I have to stay with 5 different hotel brands to get the 5 hits.

Thank you for any help to this.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 7:43 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, LH SEN, TB Emerald
Originally Posted by pjw08
New to this game
read the rules: all answered there !

http://shopping.usairways.com/en-US/...dslamfaqs.html
Old Oct 3, 2011, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by pjw08
New to this game, so I am not sure about the maximum 6 hits per car rental or hotel stays. Can they be the same chains like Marriott or Hertz for 6 individual rentals and 6 individual stays or do they have to be spread out over 6 different hotel and car brands within the program ? I am going to be booking hotel for 5 different stays and would like to stay with Marriott but not sure if I have to stay with 5 different hotel brands to get the 5 hits.

Thank you for any help to this.
You can have all your stays with the same hotel program.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 8:09 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
I'm up to 20 hits.

I've also completed 14 additional hits that haven't posted.

If all 34 post I'll need to figure out a way to get 2 final hits. Transferring miles over from hotel programs seems too expensive (except for Starwood), so maybe a couple mattress runs...
Old Oct 3, 2011, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by travelpye
You can have all your stays with the same hotel program.
Thank you for your clarification. I did read the rules and it was not as clear
as your answer.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by worldtraveller2
I have a problem with MFM: did one "purchase" per family member (4) and 3 posted almost immediately and the one still has not shown up yet. Did these Sept 15th
Interesting -- thanks very much. Can you tell if they counted as hits?
Old Oct 3, 2011, 9:40 am

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
I received 13 hits posted out of 21 possible. Time to work on some more this week.
However, I am still waiting on:
Shopping Mall 9/14 activity
Dining 9/22 activity
Hertz 9/23 and 9/30 activities
eMiles 9/14 activity
Network Solutions 9/19 activity
Choice Hotels 9/22 activity

Is there anything I should follow up on here? I, too, am waiting for some of the first of the month posts. Toolbar, credit and debit cards.... which will give me four more.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 10:16 am

Did anyone get anything posted in US Airways account today?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.