Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways 2011 Grand Slam Promotion
Reload this Page >

General GS Discussions -- Post all "minor league" topics here!

General GS Discussions -- Post all "minor league" topics here!

Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:13 am

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by pr0digy25
$26 for 3 years all-in OR $26 per year for 3 years?
Per year. So $76+.

Cheapest option remains email for two years. I used that last year - don't need a domain name, you just make the purchase and let it languish on their system without pairing with a valid domain (meaning you can't use the email account). Of course I actually need a new domain name this year. Trouble is I can't bring myself to pay anywhere near what Network Solutions wants a .com domain. Absurd.

Strangely, it seems .com domains have gone up. I can still buy .net and .org for $5-$7 a year but .com is $10+ - why? Less availability, sure, but that just means fewer good domain names available.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:14 am

how does that come out to $26? it shows $199.00 before codes for a domain...

never mind..just saw ArizonaGuy post. Its times 3..so not a better deal..
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by moebod
how does that come out to $26? it shows $199.00 before codes for a domain...

never mind..just saw ArizonaGuy post. Its times 3..so not a better deal..

Register a new domain name, decline extra services like privacy

and hosting, select 3 year registration, enter code SAVE70DAF in

the shopping cart, and the price changes to $26.09 ($8.69/yr).
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:28 am

I stand corrected. I misread a line that said savings of $76 and assumed it was saying total cost for three years. Fuzzy math - I know $26 x 3 is more than $76 but eh. It's Tuesday, which is kind of like a Monday.

Bought myself the domain name I wanted. Hope to get a good blog going at aztravelguy.com soon! Not points-related either, there are already far too many of those.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:44 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by virtuo0
There are ton of coupon codes available. Just google it. I just now registered a domain name for 3 years for $26 and the bonus is 2000 miles.
I was able to get the 3 year for $26 promo, but where are you seeing 2000 bonus miles for this deal? The link from the US Airways page (yougetmiles.com) says 1000 miles, followed by a suspicious page asking to insert your "number" without any reference to US Airways or Dividend miles.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 2:46 pm

Programs: US, AA, Delta, BA, Hilton, Marriot, HYATT
Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
I was able to get the 3 year for $26 promo, but where are you seeing 2000 bonus miles for this deal? The link from the US Airways page (yougetmiles.com) says 1000 miles, followed by a suspicious page asking to insert your "number" without any reference to US Airways or Dividend miles.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
Originally Posted by virtuo0
Ditto. Same thing - the actual order shows 2000 miles (regardless of coupon code), contradicting the yougetmiles.com site. Will be interesting to see what happens.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 3:17 pm

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
just cancel after the 6 month requirement and have it pro-rated. pretty sure this is possible with them.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 6:27 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Anyone concerned about this language? "Offer codes cannot be combined with any other offer..."

EDIT: Nevermind. My confirmation email clearly states that I will received the 2,000 DM bonus. ^

Last edited by tommyleo; Sep 20, 2011 at 6:41 pm
Old Sep 20, 2011, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
I misread a line that said savings of $76 and assumed it was saying total cost for three years. Fuzzy math - I know $26 x 3 is more than $76 but eh. It's Tuesday, which is kind of like a Monday.
Geez. I read your post first, went to the Network solutions site, and STILL read it as $76 for the cost of three years!

Tuesday IS kinda like Monday...

Last edited by tommyleo; Sep 20, 2011 at 6:40 pm
Old Sep 20, 2011, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA-EXP 3MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Angry

Everytime I follow the link from the US website to Network Solutions US DM offers, Network Solutions says "Your US AirwaysDividend Miles account number was not recognized. "

Anyone else having this problem? I have an old alphanumeric number, I even tried it with leadin 0s, on Safari, IE and Firefox all with no luck
Old Sep 20, 2011, 7:12 pm

Programs: United 2P, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by GeneCMH
Everytime I follow the link from the US website to Network Solutions US DM offers, Network Solutions says "Your US AirwaysDividend Miles account number was not recognized. "

Anyone else having this problem? I have an old alphanumeric number, I even tried it with leadin 0s, on Safari, IE and Firefox all with no luck
Same with me I have an old alphanumeric number too!
Old Sep 20, 2011, 7:22 pm

Great find. I planned to skip this hit due to the high cost. 2k miles+hit for $27 changed my mind.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by GeneCMH

Did you try adding "US" before your number? Thank me later....
Old Sep 20, 2011, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by Yinzer
Great find. I planned to skip this hit due to the high cost. 2k miles+hit for $27 changed my mind.
With the 2000 mile bonus, it's pretty much a free hit! ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.