Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways 2011 Grand Slam Promotion
Reload this Page >

General GS Discussions -- Post all "minor league" topics here!

General GS Discussions -- Post all "minor league" topics here!

Old Sep 21, 2011, 3:50 pm

Step-by-step instructions for NetSol hit with discount posted in the Other Partners thread. Please let me know of any errors. Thanks.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 11:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
WineInsiders: I have a case on its way to me. What's the over/under on the total number of bottles (out of 12) that are actually decent wines?

Maybe four?

At seven bucks a bottle, I'm guessing there are going to be at least a few bottles that are getting sipped once and then going right into a big ol' pitcher of sangria.

Also: is there any way to get e-rewards without dealing with the asinine process of clicking on a survey to be told, 100% of the time, that you're ineligible to take it? e-miles is fine: little 10 mile surveys for everyone. I'll be at 500 miles with them in a week or so. But e-rewards is annoying to the extreme. Can people transfer e-rewards to each other? Can I just buy a stupid stuffed animal or something and get e-rewards?
Old Sep 22, 2011, 2:04 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by pinniped
WineInsiders: I have a case on its way to me. What's the over/under on the total number of bottles (out of 12) that are actually decent wines?

Maybe four?

At seven bucks a bottle, I'm guessing there are going to be at least a few bottles that are getting sipped once and then going right into a big ol' pitcher of sangria.

Also: is there any way to get e-rewards without dealing with the asinine process of clicking on a survey to be told, 100% of the time, that you're ineligible to take it? e-miles is fine: little 10 mile surveys for everyone. I'll be at 500 miles with them in a week or so. But e-rewards is annoying to the extreme. Can people transfer e-rewards to each other? Can I just buy a stupid stuffed animal or something and get e-rewards?
In response to how many bottles of wine will be good... I received my case of wine yesterday (went with the all white sampler) and just thought that I'd give you a heads up that there are 4 bottles of each of the 3 brands of wine. You're getting 3 different brands of wine, not 6 or 10 or anything. But, if you ordered the white & red sampler, you'll get 6 brands.

I was expecting to have 2 bottles each of 6 different brands... unfortunately, that is not the case. haha
Old Sep 22, 2011, 2:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I ordered the mixed case. I'm hoping for 6 brands, 2 bottles each.

How are they so far? I mean, anytime I get a case of wine by mail, the immediately and logical thing to do is drink a bottle.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA-EXP 3MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Angry

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but still no luck on network solutions

I tried uppercase, lowercase, with US, without US, with leading 0s, without leading 0s, and zeros with US too. Even tried various browsers. hmmm

They couldnt possibly have a database of DM numbers they are checking, could they?

Guess its time to move on.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by GeneCMH
Thanks for the suggestions guys, but still no luck on network solutions

I tried uppercase, lowercase, with US, without US, with leading 0s, without leading 0s, and zeros with US too. Even tried various browsers. hmmm
Did you try LOTS of zeroes (10 or more)? Worked for me.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 3:17 pm

Programs: AmexPlat,SPG,CitiAA,One pass,
Shopping Mall

so all the stores now list under restrictions

Retailers retain the right to award points based on valid transactions. It is at the discretion of the retailer to deem whether a transaction is valid. Other restrictions may apply.

So they could just deny you points for what ever which reason they want now???
Old Sep 25, 2011, 6:20 am

Programs: AA-EXP 2MM, Marriott-PP/LT P, Avis-PC
Originally Posted by pinniped

Maybe four?

Funny story.... two years ago when I bought the wine for GS09 I tried some and it was so bad that I just poured the bottle out. I used the remaining bottles to bring as house gifts and office party gifts. About 3 months after I gave away the first bottle it was presented back to me by the same person I had given it to as a party gift. Of course I didn't say anything, but it went immediately back into my regifting stock.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 8:15 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by beltway
Step-by-step instructions for NetSol hit with discount posted in the Other Partners thread. Please let me know of any errors. Thanks.
I followed the steps verbatim, but my confirmation email said nothing of the miles. I did see the screen with the slider that said I would get the bonus miles. I also have an account with 3 leading zeros (000####) that didn't work, even if I entered 10 or more zeros first. It worked when I entered US000####. I'm skeptical of this one. How long has it taken for NetSol points to post?
Old Sep 27, 2011, 8:28 am

Programs: US, AA, AM, BA, HH, SPG, PC, Carlson, Marriott, Choice
Originally Posted by PHL
I followed the steps verbatim, but my confirmation email said nothing of the miles. I did see the screen with the slider that said I would get the bonus miles. I also have an account with 3 leading zeros (000####) that didn't work, even if I entered 10 or more zeros first. It worked when I entered US000####. I'm skeptical of this one. How long has it taken for NetSol points to post?
My email did not include a reference to miles earned, but I do have screen saves along the way that clearly say "when you click submit order below, Network Solutions will credit your USAir account #1234567 with 2000 bonus miles. Please allow 8 to 10 weeks for your account to be credited". So, I'm still hopeful and this one is worth a fight if it does not follow through as promised.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 8:38 am

Putting on our thinking caps

With first-round tier bonuses coming soon (9/28), I think it's worth making a list of the still-unanswered questions that might, through inference, be resolved tomorrow. Here's a stab at listing the lingering issues about what will or won't count as a hit:
  1. Direct-posted miles from Audience Rewards trivia. I suspect this won't be treated as a hit, but we have no track record from prior years to go on.
  2. Non-wine-club purchases (accessories, one-off wine sales) from Vinesse. This was a hit in past years, although not without a struggle.
  3. Magazine for Miles. The fact that this activity has started posting with the generic description "online redemption" is a little unnerving, but I predict US will manage to get this one right. Eventually.
  4. LaQuinta points transfers. The rules/T&C are inconsistent here, but my money is on this counting.

What else belongs on this list?
Old Sep 27, 2011, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by aglasgow
My email did not include a reference to miles earned, but I do have screen saves along the way that clearly say "when you click submit order below, Network Solutions will credit your USAir account #1234567 with 2000 bonus miles. Please allow 8 to 10 weeks for your account to be credited". So, I'm still hopeful and this one is worth a fight if it does not follow through as promised.
If your confirmation email didn't mention miles, I'd call NetSol ASAP, as others here have reported such verbiage.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 9:09 am

Programs: US GP, MR Platinum, PC Platinum, HHonors Gold, Avis First, Enterprise Plat
True story. My confirmation email says that in it...
Old Sep 27, 2011, 10:39 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Called the number 866-273-0053(which is on the first page you click for your offer selection) and spoke to a rep. He was able to see in my order that the FF promo/bonus was valid and recited my number to me without me having to ask him.

I asked him if he knew why the web page wouldn't take my account number with the 3 leading zeros, but he wasn't sure although he did say he could get a message to the frequent flyer promo department to insure they credited the correct US Airways account. I guess all I can do it wait now...
Old Sep 27, 2011, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by beltway
With first-round tier bonuses coming soon (9/28), I think it's worth making a list of the still-unanswered questions that might, through inference, be resolved tomorrow. Here's a stab at listing the lingering issues about what will or won't count as a hit:
  1. Direct-posted miles from Audience Rewards trivia. I suspect this won't be treated as a hit, but we have no track record from prior years to go on.
  2. Non-wine-club purchases (accessories, one-off wine sales) from Vinesse. This was a hit in past years, although not without a struggle.
  3. Magazine for Miles. The fact that this activity has started posting with the generic description "online redemption" is a little unnerving, but I predict US will manage to get this one right. Eventually.
  4. LaQuinta points transfers. The rules/T&C are inconsistent here, but my money is on this counting.

What else belongs on this list?
I have two other questions (so far).

One) I know that you report in the "other Partner" thread that people have reported that the other merchants in the 1800flowers website count (fanny may, for example), but do we know that they trigger a hit as opposed to just generating miles?

Two) The $2.00 plant a tree donation in the shopping mall that now says it does not count raises a couple of questions. Will people who ordered prior to the language change receive a hit? Do we have the data to figure out the cut-off date (or did I miss this somewhere)? Unfortunately, it is the only screen-shot that I somehow missed, so I'd love details so I can at least make an argument.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.