Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways 2011 Grand Slam Promotion
Reload this Page >

General GS Discussions -- Post all "minor league" topics here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General GS Discussions -- Post all "minor league" topics here!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2011, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by GeneCMH
Everytime I follow the link from the US website to Network Solutions US DM offers, Network Solutions says "Your US AirwaysDividend Miles® account number was not recognized. "

Anyone else having this problem? I have an old alphanumeric number, I even tried it with leadin 0s, on Safari, IE and Firefox all with no luck
Originally Posted by jonman21
Same with me I have an old alphanumeric number too!
Several of the partner sites have the obnoxious habit of
  • requiring letters in US account identifiers to be entered IN CAPITAL LETTERS
  • failing to indicate this anywhere, including when rejecting a user-submitted account identifier

(I mean, it's only freakin' 2011. Are these companies so hard up they can't afford to hire a programmer who knows how to coerce user-entered text to the desired case? Are they afraid of using up their quota of bits this month? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?)

But I digress. Try using uppercase & see if that helps.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 9:04 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
Originally Posted by tommyleo

EDIT: Nevermind. My confirmation email clearly states that I will received the 2,000 DM bonus. ^
Tommyleo, where did you exactly see the 2000 miles bonus stated in the e-mail?

I used the US link, put my DM number, placed the order and applied the coupon. There was no mention of the miles except of the US logo next to Network Solutions in the checkout page.

Am i missing something??
Old Sep 20, 2011, 9:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by Nikolaos

I used the US link, put my DM number, placed the order and applied the coupon. There was no mention of the miles except of the US logo next to Network Solutions in the checkout page.

Am i missing something??
I think I'm missing the same thing. I can put my DM number in on the very first screen, but nowhere else is US mentioned. I didn't even see it on the checkout page so I didn't go thru with the purchase.

EDIT: Finally got it. For whatever reason, I kept getting sent to the wrong landing page. Confirmed I will receive the 2000 miles! Woot!!

Last edited by skitch23; Sep 20, 2011 at 10:04 pm
Old Sep 20, 2011, 9:52 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by beltway
Several of the partner sites have the obnoxious habit of
  • requiring letters in US account identifiers to be entered IN CAPITAL LETTERS
  • failing to indicate this anywhere, including when rejecting a user-submitted account identifier

(I mean, it's only freakin' 2011. Are these companies so hard up they can't afford to hire a programmer who knows how to coerce user-entered text to the desired case? Are they afraid of using up their quota of bits this month? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?)

But I digress. Try using uppercase & see if that helps.
That didn't work for me. What did work (as I wrote just above) is to simply add the letters "US" at the beginning of my DM#. For example, if my DM# is 3Y678H2, I enter US3Y678H2. And it worked.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 9:53 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by Nikolaos

Am i missing something??
In my Network Solutions confirmation email, it says specifically: "Your US Airways® Dividend Miles® account USxxxxxxx, will be credited with 2000 mile(s) in 8-10 weeks."
Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:22 pm

In my Network Solutions confirmation email, it says specifically: "Your US Airways® Dividend Miles® account USxxxxxxx, will be credited with 2000 mile(s) in 8-10 weeks."
Did it actually replace your account number with xxxxxxx? If so it would be clear the US prefix was not considered part of the number. If not, how would you really know it's going to be credited to the proper account (without the prefix)?
Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Mine is an old alpha-numeric and it took it as is.... X123Y12. Didn't have to put US or leading zeros. My email confirmation showed my DM number correctly X123Y12.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by mrredskin
just cancel after the 6 month requirement and have it pro-rated. pretty sure this is possible with them.
Have what pro-rated? If you are talking about domain registration that's definitely a no. Domain registration (or renewal) is rarely ever refundable.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:42 pm

I think the poster is thinking of domain hosting rather than registration, don't pay the money for this thinking you'll be getting any this back later.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:57 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by HikerT
Did it actually replace your account number with xxxxxxx? If so it would be clear the US prefix was not considered part of the number. If not, how would you really know it's going to be credited to the proper account (without the prefix)?
I doubt his email says USxxxxxxx - mine doesn't. And my alphanumeric DM # worked just fine, oddly enough. Of course I always type it with capitals and the few times I've ever encountered issues, I've resolved them by adding four leading zeros.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
I doubt his email says USxxxxxxx - mine doesn't. And my alphanumeric DM # worked just fine, oddly enough. Of course I always type it with capitals and the few times I've ever encountered issues, I've resolved them by adding four leading zeros.
I can't doubt that his e-mail says what tommy says that his e-mail says! After all the whole forum is based in good faith between members!!

I can only think that maybe i did something wrong! I will wait for a month or so and if the miles do not post, i will try to fight it with NS and US (got a screen-shot of the check-out final step)!!
Old Sep 21, 2011, 12:47 am

Well, he did say he added the US prefix so just trying to figure out what his email "specifically" said. It seemed to take my DM if I padded it with enough zeros (just testing, I didn't complete the transaction). I'm sure the confirmation email would naively spit back the same number I entered but that doesn't guarantee it would be credited properly to my account.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 2:41 am

I got the confirmation at the check out page (before payment) that my DM Account will be credited with 2,000 miles in 8-10 weeks. But the email confirmation I received simply stated the amount I was charged and the duration the domain has been registered for, nothing about the US DM credit. I'll follow up with them if I don't receive miles/hit within the stated timeframe.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 2:51 am

deleted

Last edited by Nikolaos; Sep 21, 2011 at 6:31 am
Old Sep 21, 2011, 7:49 am

Programs: US, AA, Delta, BA, Hilton, Marriot, HYATT
Originally Posted by TorontoSingh
I got the confirmation at the check out page (before payment) that my DM Account will be credited with 2,000 miles in 8-10 weeks. But the email confirmation I received simply stated the amount I was charged and the duration the domain has been registered for, nothing about the US DM credit. I'll follow up with them if I don't receive miles/hit within the stated timeframe.

It is in the email, but not easy to spot it. Search the email using Ctrl+F for 2000 and you will see it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.