AAA Auto Club Carolinas and/or South

Old Sep 11, 11, 12:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mile-High Club, Marriott Plt, SPG P-75, PC Plt, Hyatt Dia, Carlson Gold, BW Dia
AAA Auto Club Carolinas and/or South

Two observations:

1. In the 2010 Grand Slam (and possibly 2009, IIRC), AAA Carolinas was a partner in the rules, but it never materialized with an actual miles-earning offer with which to score the promo "hit". So far, this seems to be the case this year. Can anyone report a miles-earning offer for AAA Carolinas?

2. In the rules for this year's Slam, I noticed a slight difference from 2010 in that the AAA partner hit was expanded beyond AAA Carolinas to include the additional disjunct "...or AAA Auto Club South." This is good, because after 3 major blowouts this year in a car unequipped with a spare, I was just on the verge of joining AAA Club South. However, the rules appear to have been redacted in the past two weeks and AAA Club South has been removed. Has anyone else noticed this? Any contributory thoughts?

[If the AAA partner situation actually becomes an earnable hit, I will update this thread with any relevant information that others bring to my attention.]
Old Sep 15, 11, 7:20 am

Programs: US silver , spirit elite, MRgold Hilton Gold
I received a letter yesterday from AAA Carolinas offering me 750 dm if I joined. It had all the info and the offer included my dm# I guess this might be targeted and the only way to get this hit.
Old Sep 16, 11, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by beachbrew View Post
I received a letter yesterday from AAA Carolinas offering me 750 dm if I joined. It had all the info and the offer included my dm# I guess this might be targeted and the only way to get this hit.
Somewhere on all that paperwork there should be a link to apply online, and a promo code. Should look something like this for the letter I got from AAA Arizona: www.aaa.com/joinspecial with the promo code CDNQ. Could you please post the AAA Carolinas signup link and 4 letter promo code?
Old Sep 20, 11, 11:57 am

AAA Carolinas Auto Club

http://carolinas.aaa.com/Pages/Home....w.aaasouth.com

Cheapest option appears to be $49+ $10 enrollment fee.

Unclear how/if possible to associate DM# deeper into ordering process
Old Sep 21, 11, 7:52 pm

Programs: US PP, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Dia, ICH Plat
go to the link the link in above post......

code is RU11

could not find a place to put in DM # so I just mailed it in but I would try to call 1-866-593-8626 and give them the code and tell them it is for a bonus of 750 miles......you also get another person in the same household free

my wife and I go back and forth every year with one being the primary member every other year......and the other one always gets this offer around this time

Foy
Old Sep 22, 11, 8:51 am

No hit for AAA Carolinas

I emailed Customer Service last week to ask how to get a hit for AAA Carolinas, and I received the following reply:

Thank you for contacting US Airways. .

Unfortunately, AAA Carolinas has chosen not to participate in the Grand
Slam promotion. We apologize for any confusion.

There are many more ways to earn hits in the Grand Slam promotion and we
encourage you to do so. Thank you for your participation.

Sincerely,

Lynn Myers
US Airways Dividend Miles
Old Sep 22, 11, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA AS DL UA US WN Choice Gold, BW Diamond, PClub Plat, HHonnors Gold, Marriott, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by ksl11 View Post
I emailed Customer Service last week to ask how to get a hit for AAA Carolinas, and I received the following reply:

Thank you for contacting US Airways. .

Unfortunately, AAA Carolinas has chosen not to participate in the Grand
Slam promotion. We apologize for any confusion.

There are many more ways to earn hits in the Grand Slam promotion and we
encourage you to do so. Thank you for your participation.

Sincerely,

Lynn Myers
US Airways Dividend Miles
Does this sentence make sense? "There are many more ways to earn hits in the Grand Slam promotion and we
encourage you to do so." Maybe it's my English that is bad but this sentence doesn't make sense to me.
Old Sep 22, 11, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by iang000 View Post
Does this sentence make sense? "There are many more ways to earn hits in the Grand Slam promotion and we
encourage you to do so." Maybe it's my English that is bad but this sentence doesn't make sense to me.
It means there are many other options for hits besides AAA, and go for 'em. I think the email just forget the 'em.
Old Oct 4, 11, 8:35 pm
ffI

Programs: AA 2MM, US CP, DL PM, UA 1k <=> HH DM, SPG/ClubC/Marr G, Hyatt/IHG Plat, FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Is AAA dead?

Can we confirm that AAA NC is not a partner this year in the GS?
Old Oct 5, 11, 4:27 am
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by iang000 View Post
No, it does not make sense but on the other hand, what makes sense in the airline business

Search this Thread