FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways 2011 Grand Slam Promotion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-2011-grand-slam-promotion-684/)
-   -   Problem signing up for promotion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-2011-grand-slam-promotion/1257042-problem-signing-up-promotion.html)

safetymom Sep 8, 2011 4:50 pm

Problem signing up for promotion

I enter all my information and hit enter now and it brings me back to the same page. Do you get an email confirmation? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Earn 110,000 bonus miles and hit it out of the park
This year's Dividend Miles Grand Slam is bigger than ever.

Register now and start to earn hits September 14. Keep playing through November 14, 2011.

Here's how:
1.Register
2.Read the rules
3.Earn up to 110,000 miles with over 130 partners
4.Watch your miles add up

josephstern Sep 8, 2011 4:53 pm

I just took a screen shot where it says "Thanks for signing up."

JimLtravels Sep 8, 2011 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern (Post 17078163)
I just took a screen shot where it says "Thanks for signing up."

+1

Try a different browser

starflyer Sep 8, 2011 5:45 pm

Look closely at the page after you register. You are taken back to the same page, and above your name there should be a small message confirming your registration. You should also receive an email confirmation within a few days.

oliver2002 Sep 15, 2011 6:50 am

So should I just live with a screenshot of the tiny message or wait for the email confirmation?

heyeaglefn Sep 15, 2011 7:00 am

I got my email confirmation almost right away.

jemmazee Sep 15, 2011 7:41 am

Originally Posted by heyeaglefn (Post 17113342)
I got my email confirmation almost right away.

I've registered twice for two accounts and still no email, but I took screen-shots of the "thanks for signing up" message.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I had the same issue last year and wrote to the CP desk and received this response - "Thank you for contacting US Airways Chairman's Preferred. We had actually auto registered you for this Grand Slam promo. So we show you registered as of 8/28.
We appreciate your continued support of US Airways."

Jasper2009 Sep 15, 2011 4:16 pm

Do you receive a confirmation e-mail after registering?

I was just wondering: Does one receive a confirmation e-mail after registering for the GS promo?

Thanks!

PointPirate Sep 15, 2011 6:25 pm

My experience

I did. I actually registered with two different email addresses and got an email about GS for each address. I hope this isn't a problem...

milemission Sep 15, 2011 9:33 pm

I did not get an email.

swag Sep 15, 2011 10:16 pm

I got one about 2 days after registering.

ellinj Sep 15, 2011 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by milemission (Post 17117959)
I did not get an email.

neither did I.

travelpye Sep 16, 2011 3:27 am

I registered this year and did not get a confirmation email. I did make a screen shot of the message saying I did register, however.

Interestingly, I did get a message subsequently from US announcing Grand Slam and saying that US had registered me for Grand Slam. That email was not in response to my self-registration, and a number of other people got that message.

If you are unsure that your registration went through, you could try registering again. You will get a message saying you are already registered. Or at least that is what happened last year, when I did that, having not received a confirmation email.

no_idea Sep 16, 2011 3:34 am

I registered 3 days ago, no email yet.

flyerfan22 Sep 16, 2011 5:25 am

Yes, received email

I received an email Sept 1 (a few days after I registered) advertising the program. The last line of the email says "You're already registered, so you can start earning hits September 14!"

metoo Sep 16, 2011 5:33 am

I received the email on September 1, 2011 for registering.

no_idea Sep 16, 2011 7:11 am

My try number 3 was succesful. After some seconds I got the conf email.:td:

JimLtravels Sep 16, 2011 9:48 pm

I tried to register three times. Each time it said I had successfully registered, but I never got an email. I called customer service, and they said I registered on august 23rd. I'll use my screen shot as evidence, though I'm not too worried. Since I just finished hit number 22, I am hoping for no issues here.

thesnoopster2 Sep 17, 2011 12:12 am

I registered myself and my gf. She got a confirmation. I did not. What is up with that? Who do I call to make sure? Which number?

I sure as hell don't want to assume my hits are counting, get 4 or 5 hits and spend $100, just to find out none of the counted.....

jjfly Sep 23, 2011 10:19 pm

How do i know i have been registered successfully? I didnt get email, and i didnt see anything related to GS in my account.

headeggfive Sep 23, 2011 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by jemmazee (Post 17113542)
I've registered twice for two accounts and still no email, but I took screen-shots of the "thanks for signing up" message.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I had the same issue last year and wrote to the CP desk and received this response - "Thank you for contacting US Airways Chairman's Preferred. We had actually auto registered you for this Grand Slam promo. So we show you registered as of 8/28.
We appreciate your continued support of US Airways."

I registered twice for the same account and got the email confirmation after three days.

travelkid Sep 24, 2011 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by travelpye (Post 17118936)
If you are unsure that your registration went through, you could try registering again. You will get a message saying you are already registered. Or at least that is what happened last year, when I did that, having not received a confirmation email.

Actually not quite like that, but ; You have successfully registered for this promotion. Thank you for choosing US Airways.

Which can lead one to believe its the first registration (even though the initial sign up says something else).

The page showing your signup has the fields so you could do another signup= anybody can make a fake signup, just fill the spaces with new details with the previous persons confirmation. Not for any practical reason, but theoretically US could claim that.

kendenton Sep 27, 2011 8:18 am

I registered a couple days before 9/21, and just got my e-mail today (9/27). I sure hope the 23 hits I made in the interim count!

mosu84 Sep 27, 2011 9:04 am

Originally Posted by kendenton (Post 17180687)
I registered a couple days before 9/21, and just got my e-mail today (9/27). I sure hope the 23 hits I made in the interim count!

Same. Just got my email as well.

oliver2002 Sep 30, 2011 3:11 am

Registered the first day, never got any confirmation email and the hits posted yesterday :cool:

ellinj Sep 30, 2011 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 17197330)
Registered the first day, never got any confirmation email and the hits posted yesterday :cool:

ditto here.

Yas46377 Oct 7, 2011 6:32 pm

I've registered 3 times over the spank of 2-3 weeks and everytime it basically says Thanks for registering for GS and I've never gotten a confirmation e-mail. So I will probably call customer service and double check before I got for any hits.

diljs Oct 12, 2011 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 17197330)

this was my experience as well.

iahphx Oct 15, 2011 7:41 pm

So given the "insecurity" of the registration process, I'm guessing it's wise to call customer service before you start getting your hits just to make sure you're registered? They can immediately tell?

FourFoxesinPA Oct 25, 2011 6:25 am

I registered on October 13 for Grand Slam. My confirmation email is dated October 15. Anyone have an opinion on which date is my official "registration" date? Does the US Airways site have a promotion tracker?...I can't seem to find one. Thanks.

dado55 Oct 25, 2011 8:03 am

Originally Posted by FourFoxesinPA (Post 17331669)
I registered on October 13 for Grand Slam. My confirmation email is dated October 15. Anyone have an opinion on which date is my official "registration" date? Does the US Airways site have a promotion tracker?...I can't seem to find one. Thanks.

FourFoxes, I was in the same boat as you - had registered a few days before I got the email. Because most of my hits were from before I got the email, I worried (though I had a screenshot saying I was registered, or "thanks for registering"), so I called customer service and found out I was registered exactly when I thought and not when the email came. So if you're worried, you could definitely call US. I'm sure you'll be fine, though.