FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways 2011 Grand Slam Promotion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-2011-grand-slam-promotion-684/)
-   -   Problem signing up for promotion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-2011-grand-slam-promotion/1257042-problem-signing-up-promotion.html)

safetymom Sep 8, 2011 4:50 pm

Problem signing up for promotion

I enter all my information and hit enter now and it brings me back to the same page. Do you get an email confirmation? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Earn 110,000 bonus miles and hit it out of the park
This year's Dividend Miles Grand Slam is bigger than ever.

Register now and start to earn hits September 14. Keep playing through November 14, 2011.

Here's how:
1.Register
2.Read the rules
3.Earn up to 110,000 miles with over 130 partners
4.Watch your miles add up

josephstern Sep 8, 2011 4:53 pm

I just took a screen shot where it says "Thanks for signing up."

JimLtravels Sep 8, 2011 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern (Post 17078163)
I just took a screen shot where it says "Thanks for signing up."

+1

Try a different browser

starflyer Sep 8, 2011 5:45 pm

Look closely at the page after you register. You are taken back to the same page, and above your name there should be a small message confirming your registration. You should also receive an email confirmation within a few days.

oliver2002 Sep 15, 2011 6:50 am

So should I just live with a screenshot of the tiny message or wait for the email confirmation?

heyeaglefn Sep 15, 2011 7:00 am

I got my email confirmation almost right away.

jemmazee Sep 15, 2011 7:41 am

Originally Posted by heyeaglefn (Post 17113342)
I got my email confirmation almost right away.

I've registered twice for two accounts and still no email, but I took screen-shots of the "thanks for signing up" message.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I had the same issue last year and wrote to the CP desk and received this response - "Thank you for contacting US Airways Chairman's Preferred. We had actually auto registered you for this Grand Slam promo. So we show you registered as of 8/28.
We appreciate your continued support of US Airways."

Jasper2009 Sep 15, 2011 4:16 pm

Do you receive a confirmation e-mail after registering?

I was just wondering: Does one receive a confirmation e-mail after registering for the GS promo?

Thanks!

PointPirate Sep 15, 2011 6:25 pm

My experience

I did. I actually registered with two different email addresses and got an email about GS for each address. I hope this isn't a problem...

milemission Sep 15, 2011 9:33 pm

I did not get an email.

swag Sep 15, 2011 10:16 pm

I got one about 2 days after registering.

ellinj Sep 15, 2011 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by milemission (Post 17117959)
I did not get an email.

neither did I.

travelpye Sep 16, 2011 3:27 am

I registered this year and did not get a confirmation email. I did make a screen shot of the message saying I did register, however.

Interestingly, I did get a message subsequently from US announcing Grand Slam and saying that US had registered me for Grand Slam. That email was not in response to my self-registration, and a number of other people got that message.

If you are unsure that your registration went through, you could try registering again. You will get a message saying you are already registered. Or at least that is what happened last year, when I did that, having not received a confirmation email.

no_idea Sep 16, 2011 3:34 am

I registered 3 days ago, no email yet.

flyerfan22 Sep 16, 2011 5:25 am

Yes, received email

I received an email Sept 1 (a few days after I registered) advertising the program. The last line of the email says "You're already registered, so you can start earning hits September 14!"