FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways 2011 Grand Slam Promotion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-2011-grand-slam-promotion-684/)
-   -   Toolbar hit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-2011-grand-slam-promotion/1255206-toolbar-hit.html)

virtuo0 Sep 3, 2011 9:27 am

Toolbar hit

do we need to download the toolbar for the first time to count as hit? Is it like new customers only?

Shanye2233 Sep 3, 2011 10:13 am

I have already downloaded the toolbar and got miles for searches but nothing in my account yet.
So I'm hoping to delete it and then re install it to get the miles. I'm also hoping to do it for FF IE9 and chrome.

mhen Sep 4, 2011 3:46 am

Originally Posted by Shanye2233 (Post 17048228)
I have already downloaded the toolbar and got miles for searches but nothing in my account yet.
So I'm hoping to delete it and then re install it to get the miles. I'm also hoping to do it for FF IE9 and chrome.

When I first downloaded toolbar in March I was getting miles posting in weekly increments but from April they have been monthly and always on a Thursday between the 4th and 9th of the following month. I am expecting August miles to post this week on Thursday 9th.

I find the toolbar less flakey on IE than other browsers.

As it is linked to particular accounts I doubt that loading on different browsers will give any increase in miles. My experience is that if you switch between one browser and the next it picks up the count from where the other left off.

We have four accounts all using the same computer and once 100 miles have been earned on one account we log it off and log on the next account. No need to have different computers or browsers.

I am hoping existing users will get a hit when the September toobar miles post early October but will just have to wait and see.

chrisphx Sep 4, 2011 10:04 am

Is anyone able to use this with Chrome? I tried several months ago and then was told it was not available for Chrome yet.

beachbrew Sep 4, 2011 6:39 pm

my understanding is as long as you have it downloaded either now, or later as long as you make the searches and get the miles you will get the hit

rxralph Sep 4, 2011 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by beachbrew (Post 17054818)
my understanding is as long as you have it downloaded either now, or later as long as you make the searches and get the miles you will get the hit

where did you obtain that understanding?

ralph

starflyer Sep 4, 2011 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by rxralph (Post 17054966)
where did you obtain that understanding?

ralph

My guess is that the toolbar/search hit will be awarded when they detect that you have earned miles for a search, not when you earn miles for both a download and a search. Regardless of what any understands or guesses, we'll know once the hits start posting. If you really need to know sooner, you can try asking US Airways.

FLYGVA Sep 5, 2011 1:55 am

In the faq (http://www.usairways.com/EN-US/FAQS/...AMFAQS.HTML#14) it reads:

Can I use the Dividend Miles toolbar to earn hits?

Yes! Once you’ve downloaded the toolbar to your computer, just complete 3 mileage earning searches and you’ll earn a hit. But you can only do it once for it to count as a hit.
One can read this, that downloading will not get a hit but the searches.

However I agree that the wording in the GS Rules (http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...slamrules.html) is a bit different as it is download toolbar and three searches (= one mile).

DCdeacon Sep 7, 2011 10:53 pm

It's got to be from having miles post to your account from doing three searches. Miles posting to your account from transactions is how every other hit works, there's no way this can be different. I just can't see a way in which US would track when/how you downloaded the toolbar in addition to earning miles from it. The point is that they want you to use it...it's gotta come from the miles.

bryanwallace Sep 12, 2011 6:16 pm

is it true if you are overseas and download it you dont get the hit?

ginnstars Sep 12, 2011 10:31 pm

*what is a qualifies as a "mileage earning search"? (**sorry I'm a QSV)

starflyer Sep 12, 2011 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by ginnstars (Post 17099354)

The toolbar generally displays how many valid (i.e. mileage earning) searches you've performed and how many miles you've earned. The search results screen displays a message when you perform a non-mileage earning search.

dsquared37 Sep 12, 2011 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by ginnstars (Post 17099354)

It is a search which hasn't been run recently nor one that is pure gibberish.

Welcome to FT ginnstars.

ginnstars Sep 12, 2011 11:35 pm

Thanks! It makes sense in my head right now. I'm waiting to download it in 24 hrs. :) More cybertracking, lovely. lol

dsquared37 Sep 13, 2011 3:57 am

Originally Posted by ginnstars (Post 17099522)
Thanks! It makes sense in my head right now. I'm waiting to download it in 24 hrs. :) More cybertracking, lovely. lol

If you start searching airport codes AAA through A?? it's easy points. :D