Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Toolbar hit

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by iang000
I have had the toolbar installed a long time. Except for the bonus miles that were offered to do the download (long time ago) I have not seen any of the search miles credited to my account. I see the miles accumulate on my toolbar after every 3 searches but I have not received these miles in my DM account, ever.
From the first page of this thread, some useful information about the posting cycle:
Originally Posted by mhen
When I first downloaded toolbar in March I was getting miles posting in weekly increments but from April they have been monthly and always on a Thursday between the 4th and 9th of the following month. I am expecting August miles to post this week on Thursday 9th.

[...]

I am hoping existing users will get a hit when the September toobar miles post early October but will just have to wait and see.

Last edited by beltway; Sep 30, 2011 at 10:30 am
Old Sep 30, 2011, 12:47 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by chrisphx
Is anyone able to use this with Chrome? I tried several months ago and then was told it was not available for Chrome yet.
This kinda has advantages. The toolbar will hijack the miles from any participating web sites and credit them as a DM shopping mall hit and not a partner hit.

I installed it in IE to get my hits, and do the rest of my browsing with Chrome.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 12:50 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
Originally Posted by MtlFire
This kinda has advantages. The toolbar will hijack the miles from any participating web sites and credit them as a DM shopping mall hit and not a partner hit.

I installed it in IE to get my hits, and do the rest of my browsing with Chrome.
I am not sure about that, but i do the same just to play it safe!!
Old Oct 1, 2011, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by iang000
I have had the toolbar installed a long time. Except for the bonus miles that were offered to do the download (long time ago) I have not seen any of the search miles credited to my account. I see the miles accumulate on my toolbar after every 3 searches but I have not received these miles in my DM account, ever. Anybody experience this? Maybe my browser or something else is messed up? I use MSIE 9 now. I also use the Hawaiian Air toolbar and they have been posting my bonus miles every time.
Pretty sure the toolbars will step over each other. Disable the other toolbar or install to another browser to avoid a conflict.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 7:26 am

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
I noticed this morning that my "search" and "miles" counts reset, so hopefully they will be posting the accruals soon.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 7:52 am

Programs: US Silver, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by skitch23
I noticed this morning that my "search" and "miles" counts reset, so hopefully they will be posting the accruals soon.
Same here - good catch!
Old Oct 1, 2011, 8:17 am

Programs: Air: Many; Hotel: HH D, HY G, IHG P, MR S, RR
Reset and searches Oct 1 not counting

Same here about the reset, but my searches today are not being counted and my search and point counts remain at zero after doing several searches today. I tried logging out (to then login again) thinking that even though it showed me as "logged in" that maybe my login had timed out. I got a message indicating that I had logged out, but the toolbar still showed me as logged in (and the dropdown doesn't give me a login option). I'd never used the toolbar before so I'm not sure if these performance issues are normal or not.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 8:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by MtlFire

I purchased via ThanksAgain a Restaurant.com voucher. It shows in the toolbar "11 miles per $". The toolbar was on and I got nevertheless the "thanks again" hit @:-)
Old Oct 1, 2011, 11:35 am
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
This happened to me last night

Originally Posted by needtoescape
Same here about the reset, but my searches today are not being counted and my search and point counts remain at zero after doing several searches today. I tried logging out (to then login again) thinking that even though it showed me as "logged in" that maybe my login had timed out. I got a message indicating that I had logged out, but the toolbar still showed me as logged in (and the dropdown doesn't give me a login option). I'd never used the toolbar before so I'm not sure if these performance issues are normal or not.
I noticed the same thing last night. I downloaded the toolbar again and it began to perform normally. I did another few searches to earn another mile just to be on the safe side since my first round hasn't posted yet.

Anita
Old Oct 1, 2011, 11:52 am

Same here!! All "3" of my searches disappeared!!!
Old Oct 1, 2011, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by needtoescape
My searches were reset, but new counts are working without relogging or reinstallation
Old Oct 1, 2011, 6:24 pm

It is saying 0 for a reason

It clearly says "you have earned 0 miles this month". This toolbar ONLY shows miles earned in current month.

If you perform some new searches, it will yield you miles.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 6:54 pm

Did anyone else's toolbar reset to 0 today? I'm guessing that means as expected the miles will be posting soon.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 3:06 pm

Sorry if this is a newbie question, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing something.
I just downloaded the toolbar, logged in, and did 3 searches. So now it says I earned 1 mile. That's enough, right? I don't need to "transfer" the miles in any way, right? So now can I log out so that someone else can do their 3 searches?
Old Oct 2, 2011, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by UserMark
Sorry if this is a newbie question, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing something.
I just downloaded the toolbar, logged in, and did 3 searches. So now it says I earned 1 mile. That's enough, right? I don't need to "transfer" the miles in any way, right? So now can I log out so that someone else can do their 3 searches?
No, you don't have to do anything!! Miles transfer automatically every month!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.