Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways 2011 Grand Slam Promotion
Reload this Page >

"Other partner" hits (not Shopping Mall) [master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Other partner" hits (not Shopping Mall) [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2011, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by marshlight
Just in case anyone was wondering, I called up about this today and the 10k miles is their "old offer" - the new one is 5k miles and a free Droid X2 (or Droid Pro, LG Cosmos 2, or Samsung Continuum).
Thanks. Post #1 updated.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 5:27 pm

Programs: US, AA, AM, BA, HH, SPG, PC, Carlson, Marriott, Choice
Originally Posted by NewArrival
To me these partner soundbites come across as advertisements, not comprehensive rules. In this case, US Airways doesn't say earn miles only for tickets and not any other way from AR. The ad just highlights one way to get miles. Here's a good indication the ad's not comprehensive: according to AR's website we earn 50 miles from off-Broadway tickets; 100 from Broadway. That's missing in the above ad but still counts for miles and a hit -- as might (do?) trivia miles. I don't want to sound sure of this, but I really interpret it this way.
Yep, I see your logic. Thanks!
Old Sep 6, 2011, 5:43 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
Originally Posted by lkar
The McGlohan theater, where this is being held, is tiny. If this becomes "the" hit on flyertalk, it will easily sell it out.
my thoughts exactly-the promoters really dropped the ball on this one.
who schedules a poetry slam during a grand slam at the mcglohan?
Old Sep 6, 2011, 7:58 pm

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
Anyone remember if the super shuttle hits when booked or travelled?
I have a need for supershuttle thanksgiving but nothing before then.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stallion114
A search on last year's thread -- http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...am-2010-a.html -- may provide the answer.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by stallion114
Had one in August that posted with the travel date.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 8:40 am

Most travel related ones post on the travel date, to keep you from cancelling after getting the miles.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 11:39 am

Programs: United Platinum
My auto insurance is actually coming up for renewal at the end of the month so I priced out 21st Century...over $150 MORE than my current plan for the same exact thing!
Old Sep 7, 2011, 1:02 pm

Programs: US - Gold Preferred, leisuring and MRing for status :-)
Miles with Office Max

Originally Posted by NewArrival
Since OfficeMax.com gives 3 miles/dollar, and the Ink Refill for Chain Pen costs less than a dollar ($0.80), is there any chance we won't get miles at all because it's under a dollar? Would they be so cold as to short us that way? Or would they round 80 cents up, or give fewer than 3 miles? Worked ok last year with the 59-cent item but that was a year ago...
Speaking of OfficeMax.com, I've used the link on the US Airways partner page and when I try to do a mock checkout, I cannot locate anywhere to place my DM #. Do you know where that is? It's nowhere obvious. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
Old Sep 7, 2011, 3:46 pm

Programs: Cutting down :-(
Originally Posted by wfdude
Speaking of OfficeMax.com, I've used the link on the US Airways partner page and when I try to do a mock checkout, I cannot locate anywhere to place my DM #. Do you know where that is? It's nowhere obvious. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
It is often hidden away in a cookie. You browser will make sure they get the information. I don't remember any problems with OfficeMax last year.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cvarming
It is often hidden away in a cookie. You browser will make sure they get the information. I don't remember any problems with OfficeMax last year.
I don't remember problems last year either, but perhaps there was an explicit field for entering your DM number.

The problem is not likely to be solved by cookies. Normally, a cookie (small file stored on the client side) is readable by the site that wrote it, but not by other sites. If US writes a cookie containing your DM number, I don't think OfficeMax.com is going to be able to read that cookie. (Even if it could read that cookie, that would be a bad solution in cases where multiple PC users share a single sign-on.)

I called both OfficeMax and what is laughingly referred to as US online support. The former (including a supervisor who seemed to have something on the ball) had no clue what I was talking about, and US "support" told me to send an online message to US customer relations. (I'm taking a pass on that; if past experience is any indication, it will take 5-10 days for me to receive a generic response that completely fails to address the issue, let alone resolve it.)
Old Sep 7, 2011, 7:46 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
A bunch of folks had Office Max issues last year so I'd get that out of the way early in case you need to spend 4 weeks chasing the miles.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 9:44 pm

Yeah -- there's always a place to put in your number. When you buy from a mall, you have to log in first. When you buy from a partner link you put in your dm number. If there is no place to put in your dm number it is going to be a grind to get credit.

Originally Posted by beltway
I don't remember problems last year either, but perhaps there was an explicit field for entering your DM number.

The problem is not likely to be solved by cookies. Normally, a cookie (small file stored on the client side) is readable by the site that wrote it, but not by other sites. If US writes a cookie containing your DM number, I don't think OfficeMax.com is going to be able to read that cookie. (Even if it could read that cookie, that would be a bad solution in cases where multiple PC users share a single sign-on.)

I called both OfficeMax and what is laughingly referred to as US online support. The former (including a supervisor who seemed to have something on the ball) had no clue what I was talking about, and US "support" told me to send an online message to US customer relations. (I'm taking a pass on that; if past experience is any indication, it will take 5-10 days for me to receive a generic response that completely fails to address the issue, let alone resolve it.)
Old Sep 8, 2011, 4:40 pm

Programs: US - Gold Preferred, leisuring and MRing for status :-)
Originally Posted by lkar
Yeah -- there's always a place to put in your number. When you buy from a mall, you have to log in first. When you buy from a partner link you put in your dm number. If there is no place to put in your dm number it is going to be a grind to get credit.
Can someone else check out the link and do a mock purchase like I did and see if they see a field to place the DM #? Perhaps just a second set of eyes would help. Again, I see no point in making the purchase (even though I actually need the products) if I'm not going to get a hit for it because it did not transfer info to my DM account.

I'm hearing some say that there were no problems with Office Max last year and others saying there were lots of problems. Hate to throw something out that is that easy of a hit.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by wfdude
Can someone else check out the link and do a mock purchase like I did and see if they see a field to place the DM #? Perhaps just a second set of eyes would help. Again, I see no point in making the purchase (even though I actually need the products) if I'm not going to get a hit for it because it did not transfer info to my DM account.

I'm hearing some say that there were no problems with Office Max last year and others saying there were lots of problems. Hate to throw something out that is that easy of a hit.
I had no problems with office max last year. I did a dummy purchase and got all the way to the final screen and there was no place to enter a Dividend Miles number. Perhaps there is a promo code that must be entered? There is a space for that -- some of the partners work that way; when you put in the promo code they bring up a way for you to enter your number. I can't find a promo code, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.