Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is now the time to sign up for the US Air CC?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2011, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH, Marriott
Originally Posted by MDabney
Unfortunately, the final application process review for the 60k promotion appears to be broken or disabled now. I tried Thursday and again today and each time got an error page after completing all of the requested information on the application form and submitting.

Anyone else having this issue?
Try a different browser version. IE worked for me.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 6:21 am

Programs: AA Plat
Yeah, I finally relented and signed up for a US Air CC. I should get the bonus miles and also the hit, so I'm looking forward to it!
Old Sep 21, 2011, 6:29 am

Programs: AA, Continental, US Air, Jet Blue, Delta
Originally Posted by nemloc
Try a different browser version. IE worked for me.
Got it to work for me over the weekend with Chrome ... IE was what I was having problems with. Thanks.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 11:19 am

Programs: AA Plat
BTW, we can get a double hit on this right? So if I use my new MasterCard to purchase something from one of the partners, I'll get the hit for using the card and the hit for the partner transaction, right? As an added bonus I'll get the first use bonus on the card itself. This sound correct?
Old Sep 28, 2011, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by higgies
BTW, we can get a double hit on this right? So if I use my new MasterCard to purchase something from one of the partners, I'll get the hit for using the card and the hit for the partner transaction, right? As an added bonus I'll get the first use bonus on the card itself. This sound correct?
Yes.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
So just when I was contemplating whether it was worth the trouble to open a B of A account, just to get the debit card hit, I see this:

Bank of America to charge $5/month for debit cards
Old Sep 29, 2011, 3:58 pm

Programs: US, AA, AM, BA, HH, SPG, PC, Carlson, Marriott, Choice
Originally Posted by swag
So just when I was contemplating whether it was worth the trouble to open a B of A account, just to get the debit card hit, I see this:

eeeeeeek! Thanks for helping me make my mind up too!
Old Sep 29, 2011, 4:13 pm

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by aglasgow
eeeeeeek! Thanks for helping me make my mind up too!
Yep, I really don't know why anyone will use the debit card now when the credit card yearly fee is basically the same price.....

On a side note, I've had the US Mastercard for a couple of weeks now and have no idea when my next statement (for miles posting) is. It doesn't say it on the website and I'm curious how often I'll have to wait for the hit and the 40k bonus miles to post!
Old Oct 1, 2011, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Can you sign up for this bonus if you have ever had the card in the past?
Worked for me.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by swag

The $5 monthly charge is only when you use your debit card for shopping purchases. There is no Charge for using it at a Bank of America ATM for cash.

The monthly charge won't happen till early 2012 so you can pay the $30 annual fee for the U.S. Airways dividend miles debit card, receive 3000 miles and a "hit" for 1st purchase. Then come December, switch back to a "regular' B of A debit card so you don't have to pay annual fee.

This is what i am planning on doing.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So can anyone post a chronology of the credit card? I just reread the thread and I can only find debit card dates and timing.

I'm trying to put off an application as long as I can, and still get a hit for the US GS. I'm sure it's still safe now, but as we get close to the one-month-left point, I'll get more worried.

Has anyone had success shortening their billing cycle by changing the date?
Old Oct 1, 2011, 5:42 pm

You can change your statement date online with the business card, but I haven't tried on the personal card.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 6:38 pm

When I received my personal U.S. airways credit card, I called the CS number and requested an earlier closing statement date. I was given 3 choices of dates. I didn't choose the earliest one as I thought I would miss the purchase from pending to activity within 3 days. Stopped my In and Out burger and made the 1st purchase with my card. I could have made the 1st choice date.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I had to phone-order my BofA US Airways Debit Card as the online site would not work with my account and I could only do it today because of the time needed. I might not get it for 2 weeks

However, I looked at my statement dates and noticed that they post on the 11th or 12th of each month. Hopefully, that means that they will post before the Nov 14 deadline if I can't get the October statement ...
Old Oct 2, 2011, 11:33 pm

Must use the card once every 6 months or lose miles

From the small print in US Air DM Credit Card cardmember agreement:

To continue to participate in the rewards program, your account must remain open and in good standing, you must maintain your creditworthiness and you must use your card for at least one (1) purchase transcation every six (6) months (or have some type of account balance every six months). Failure to meet these requirements may result in account closure and forfeiture of all outstanding miles earned. In addition, if your payment is late in a particular billing cycle, this may result in the forfeiture of miles earned in that billing cycle. If your miles are forfeited for any reason, we will not reinstate these miles to your account.

Last edited by kroozer; Oct 2, 2011 at 11:48 pm Reason: Added card name for clarity since both credit and debit cards are discussed in this thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.