Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DM shopping mall [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by mikeef
I went through the dropdown link to get to the shopping mall, and the tab reads "Dividend Miles Shopping Mall." The web address, however, is http://usairways.skymall.com/

Is this going to post as a Sky Mall hit, or is that just the facilitator?
The latter. Yes, it's horribly confusing that the hit from the Shopping Mall (run by SkyMall) is different from the SkyMall hit.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by beltway
The latter. Yes, it's horribly confusing that the hit from the Shopping Mall (run by SkyMall) is different from the SkyMall hit.
^

Mike
Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Made my donation to Petsmart.

One note: After entering through the US site and entering my DM#, I saw no further references to earning miles. Does that sound right?

Mike
Old Sep 26, 2011, 11:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by mikeef
Made my donation to Petsmart.

One note: After entering through the US site and entering my DM#, I saw no further references to earning miles. Does that sound right?

Mike
That's how it was with me.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 11:39 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, SkyPesos peon
I remember distinctly the rock (and the disappointment) I got last year from my SkyMall Petsmart donation during the 2010 GS . The non-posting from this donation might even have kept me from passing a valuable threshold bonus. I recommend against counting on this partner transaction during GS 2011!

Last edited by catdad; Sep 26, 2011 at 11:41 am Reason: misspelling
Old Sep 26, 2011, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kipper
That's how it was with me.
Thank you, small British fish.

Mike
Old Sep 26, 2011, 1:40 pm

I made a $24.99 purchase (+ship) on amazon.com via DM Shopping, and got posted 1 DM. Not 24 as expected. A hit's a hit, but I'd like the extra 23 points...

Anyone else have this problem?
Old Sep 27, 2011, 6:41 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by catdad
I remember distinctly the rock (and the disappointment) I got last year from my SkyMall Petsmart donation during the 2010 GS . The non-posting from this donation might even have kept me from passing a valuable threshold bonus. I recommend against counting on this partner transaction during GS 2011!
In view of the above, has anyone yet had a Petsmart donation (through the Shopping Mall, not the Skymall) post?
Old Sep 27, 2011, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by louie-m
In view of the above, has anyone yet had a Petsmart donation (through the Shopping Mall, not the Skymall) post?
I've not had any of my shopping mall purchases hit, from Amazon.com to the Petsmart donation. That said, I've also not had my Biscoff order post.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kipper
I've not had any of my shopping mall purchases hit, from Amazon.com to the Petsmart donation. That said, I've also not had my Biscoff order post.
I don't know the timing on the DM shopping mall hit, but the Biscoff hit takes a long time. They only posted about once per month last year.

Mike
Old Sep 27, 2011, 12:41 pm

Some troublesome language from the Shopping Mall T&C that may explain why some Amazon purchases aren't posting:
Miles will not be awarded for any purchases made through a third party retailer or other merchant that may be linked to a participating Merchant's website.
I have now had Amazon claim that this covers Amazon Marketplace purchases, i.e., purchases through Amazon of items actually sold by one of their partner merchants.

Now, in fact I received US miles in August for just such a third-party Marketplace purchase, so this isn't a cut and dried issue. Still, I suspect this explains why some of us are still waiting on miles that may never post.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 12:57 pm

Some troublesome language from the Shopping Mall T&C that may explain why some Amazon purchases aren't posting:

I have now had Amazon claim that this covers Amazon Marketplace purchases, i.e., purchases through Amazon of items actually sold by one of their partner merchants.

Now, in fact I received US miles in August for just such a third-party Marketplace purchase, so this isn't a cut and dried issue. Still, I suspect this explains why some of us are still waiting on miles that may never post.
This is interesting. I'm wondering if used books would count or not. We also just purchased a belt for Mr. Kipper through one of their marketplace vendors, so I'll see if that posts.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Here's a good one someone found over in the AA forum.

Ream of paper from Walmart, $3.72 plus tax, with free shipping (no code or coupon required). Search for "Georgia-Pacific".
Old Sep 27, 2011, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by catdad
If you search for PetSmart Charities in the DM Shopping Mall, the results page will display the following along with a link:
PETSMART CHARITIES DONATION
$2.00 | (3 Miles per $1)
Earn 6 Miles
While I haven't seen the miles post yet, it seems pretty clear that DM Shopping Mall intends to provide 6 miles for the donation, which should result in a hit.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ahh, that also explains why my iTunes miles never post.

Originally Posted by starflyer
If you search for PetSmart Charities in the DM Shopping Mall, the results page will display the following along with a link:
$2.00 | (3 Miles per $1)
Earn 6 Miles
While I haven't seen the miles post yet, it seems pretty clear that DM Shopping Mall intends to provide 6 miles for the donation, which should result in a hit.
That sounds right to me. Worst case scenario, you made a small donation to a good cause.

Mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.