Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways 2011 Grand Slam Promotion
Reload this Page >

Grand Slam 2011 registration is officially open

Grand Slam 2011 registration is officially open

Old Aug 25, 2011, 3:28 pm

Programs: MS Plat, AOR ninja
Originally Posted by BobSouer
The one thing that jumped out at me (just signed up a few minutes ago) is that there are no hits awarded for Dining this year.
Bob! YAY! Exciting to see you here. I'm aiming for 36 hits. I don't have preferred status on US, so I won't qualify for the 110,000 miles at 40 hits. Now that the mint miles are history, it's on to the NextBigThing.

hugs,
CC
Old Aug 25, 2011, 8:12 pm

Programs: Starwood, Delta, American Airlines, USA, United
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
I always wait until the day it begins to register. Then I usually wait 24 hours and start buying.

Anyway - what is Life Shield? I can't find it anywhere in the partner links pages. Another "coming soon" partner that may not ever materialize? (Audience Rewards didn't show up until November last year, as a similar example.)
Now why do you wait until the day it begins to register? just curious.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA AS DL UA US WN Choice Gold, BW Diamond, PClub Plat, HHonnors Gold, Marriott, Carlson Gold
Does anyone know if there are any current promos that give miles just to join DM? If you search for 'join dividend miles bonus' there are many that come up but they expired in March or last year.

I want to join a family member so they can share in the fun.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 6:15 am

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Originally Posted by NewArrival
Several of us got Audience Rewards tickets as low as $7 last year for a poetry slam, including tax (wonder if we left that sold-out house empty), but even if that's not available this time, I'm sure there are very cheap show tickets and someone will post here, but let's consider diversifying our no-show events so we don't leave entire casts wondering why in the world their "sold-out" shows have one or two audience members.
That is great info. We'll try and coordinate/ spread out the hits this GS
Old Aug 26, 2011, 9:19 am

Best deal I've seen on Audience Rewards so far:

Charlotte, NC – The Brass Connection – Sept. 25 –.$15 general admission ($18 after taxes/fees).

But it seems likely there will be a cheaper option later on. If you want a hit immediately though that's a good one.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Netflix will be a minimum ~$40 hit and USA Today a minimum ~$120 hit, for those of you planning, because of the "new service cancellation policy".
Old Aug 26, 2011, 12:03 pm

I registered for the Grand Slam three days ago, got a screen confirmation, but have not received an email confirmation. Am I registered?
Old Aug 26, 2011, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by echino
I registered for the Grand Slam three days ago, got a screen confirmation, but have not received an email confirmation. Am I registered?
Yes. Try to re-register and it'll say you're already registered. Take a screenshot of that page for your records. I'd much prefer an email confirmation too, but it seems sufficient as is.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 12:42 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
Originally Posted by dukerau
Same as last year. Create Asia Miles account. 10DM => 4AM => 1DM (2nd transfer after the promo starts, of course)

sorry but dont quite follow this bit
Old Aug 26, 2011, 1:33 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
sorry but dont quite follow this bit
If you want a points.com hit, you need to transfer points from A N Other FF scheme into DM via points.com. One (economical) way of doing that is transferring some US DM into Asia Miles (presumably you'll need to have set up an AM account first), then back from AM to DM. You lose 9 DM in the process but earn a hit.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 8:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by louie-m
If you want a points.com hit, you need to transfer points from A N Other FF scheme into DM via points.com. One (economical) way of doing that is transferring some US DM into Asia Miles (presumably you'll need to have set up an AM account first), then back from AM to DM. You lose 9 DM in the process but earn a hit.
How much does it cost to do this?

Last edited by Gamecock; Aug 28, 2011 at 7:22 am
Old Aug 27, 2011, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA, AC, AGR, AS, BA, CX, DL, UA, WN, all non-elite
Originally Posted by Gamecock
How much does is cost to do this?
Swaps on points.com are free.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by via amtrak
Swaps on points.com are free.

^
Thanks!
Old Aug 28, 2011, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by louie-m
Getting all my steps lined up,

I have 1000 orphan F9 miles. 1001 F9 miles will transfer to 184 DM. To get the 1 F9 mile needed to do the transfer I moved 5 AA miles over to F9.

EDIT: You too can get 1000 orphan F9 miles by joining their FF program by 31 August!

Last edited by Gamecock; Aug 28, 2011 at 6:37 pm
Old Aug 28, 2011, 12:04 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT, AA Plat (2MM), BA, UA/CO
Audience Rewardss

Originally Posted by iang000
I wonder if the free Audience rewards that are available for the quizes is accepted?

Very exciting...
So do I! It seems to me this is the difference between a free hit and causing an empty house for a Led Zepelin lyric reading event in Berkeley. Any thoughts on this?

Xlax

P.s. For you Zepelin fans, I am not aware of any such event, being offered by Audience Rewards or otherwise. Sorry if I got your hopes up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.