Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways 2011 Grand Slam Promotion
Reload this Page >

Grand Slam 2011 registration is officially open

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Slam 2011 registration is officially open

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2011, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by NewArrival
Uh-oh. Just checked points.com to make sure Continental transfers will still work for a hit (no-minimum swap to DM) but suddenly there is a minimum move requirement of 10,000 miles from Continental! Anyone else seeing this? This spells the end of that "free" hit. (No way would or can I move 10,000 OnePass to DM.) What are other free or low-cost no-minimum swaps at points.com? Help please.
Same as last year. Create Asia Miles account. 10DM => 4AM => 1DM (2nd transfer after the promo starts, of course)
Old Aug 24, 2011, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by dukerau
Same as last year. Create Asia Miles account. 10DM => 4AM => 1DM (2nd transfer after the promo starts, of course)
Thank you! ^
Old Aug 24, 2011, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

What's the best strategy to go about this for one who didn't do this last year?

It seems like you just suck it up and pay for hotels/car rentals for 12 of them. I've got enough hotel transfers ready for 4 more.

The rest seem to be systematically going through the cheapest partner offers, although some degree of clicking and research is necessary to figure them out.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by johndoe123
What's the best strategy to go about this for one who hasn't done this before?

Are there certain partners I should sign up for now (IE: e-miles/e-rewards) and start earning? If so, how?
Definitely go ahead and sign up for e-miles/e-rewards if you can. Both require an invite. The sooner you get them going, the faster you earn enough to get the hit.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 7:38 pm

What was the minimum point transfer from a hotel last year?
Old Aug 24, 2011, 7:42 pm

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
Originally Posted by j-rad
What was the minimum point transfer from a hotel last year?
No min last year. Peoe were transferring 1 spg point and scoring a hit. Carson hotels was another easy one as it only took 2000 points to transfer which is relatively small in that program
Old Aug 24, 2011, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by dukerau
Definitely go ahead and sign up for e-miles/e-rewards if you can. Both require an invite. The sooner you get them going, the faster you earn enough to get the hit.
e-miles doesn't require an invite, simply click on the link from the us airways partner page and you can sign up.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 7:45 pm

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
I am stacked in wyndham but short on some of the other programs. Also remember that pc can only be transferred to the account holder. Other programs do not enforce this. (spg, hyatt, best western, choice, Carson, wyndham, hhonors)
Old Aug 24, 2011, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
e-miles doesn't require an invite, simply click on the link from the us airways partner page and you can sign up.
what is the e-rewards/e-miles criteria to get the hits?
Old Aug 24, 2011, 7:57 pm

1 transfer to DM. That's $25 in e-rewards, 500 e-miles points.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
For e-miles, it should be as simple as transferring 500 miles. For e-rewards, it should be transferring $30 worth of e-rewards funny money to US miles but I'm not 100% sure on that since I don't have a US sponsored e-rewards account, only e-miles.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 8:00 pm

interesting - guess I better get started! thanks for the info guys.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
For e-rewards, it should be transferring $30 worth of e-rewards funny money to US miles but I'm not 100% sure on that...
E-rewards is $25 minimum.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 12:43 am

As point of reference for others who haven't yet.
Signed up for both e-miles/e-rewards today. Did all of the available offers on both which leaves me immediately at:
E-Miles: 305 of 500 miles
E-Rewards: $4.75 of $25
Old Aug 25, 2011, 1:29 am

e-rewards obviously needs an invite from a sponsor.

Is there an easy(ish) way to obtain an invite I wonder?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.