Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Transfers [GS 2011 master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2011, 7:48 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by franzose
THX, is this the right wording eligible to be a transfer hit? Or do you have to contact the GS CS to correct it (like for Choice?).
It most definitely was a hit, no intervention required.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 2:01 pm

Programs: HHonors Dia, PC Plat, DL PM, SPG Gold
BW posting time

I was curious regarding posting best western transfer - I did one last week. How much time would it take to reel this one in?

- naroowal
Old Oct 28, 2011, 2:07 pm

Programs: Cutting down :-(
Originally Posted by naroowal
I was curious regarding posting best western transfer - I did one last week. How much time would it take to reel this one in?

- naroowal
10/22/2011 10/26/11 CONVERSION:BEST WESTERN GOLD CROWN POINT 1,000

Activity date was the day that I initiated the transfer.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:55 pm

Quick question for those who have transferred Wyndham points to multiple USDM accounts:
Did it go through and was it recognized by US as a hit?

Never Mind, I think I got the answer:
Originally Posted by travelkid
Wyndham from my acct transferred in 2 days to US. From my acct to both mine and GFs. = no name match (as confirmed on Wyndham forum).

Last edited by samhoq; Oct 29, 2011 at 12:02 am
Old Oct 29, 2011, 10:16 am

Anyone do a Hyatt transfer? How long does it take? Just did one earlier this week and no miles yet.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 10:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by samhoq
Quick question for those who have transferred Wyndham points to multiple USDM accounts:
Did it go through and was it recognized by US as a hit?

Never Mind, I think I got the answer:
Yep works fine^
Old Oct 30, 2011, 12:28 am

Can you transfer PriorityClub points to other people's PriorityClub account? Or directly to someone else's US Airways account? Thanks
Old Oct 30, 2011, 4:26 am

Programs: LH Miles & More
Originally Posted by chespeak2002
Can you transfer PriorityClub points to other people's PriorityClub account? Or directly to someone else's US Airways account? Thanks
Yes, you can transfer PC points to another account at the price of $5/1000points. Names have to match for a transfer to US DM, see first post.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 4:35 pm
fet

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, UA, AS, DL, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
you can transfer Priority points to other people DM
Old Oct 30, 2011, 5:03 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by paffendorf
thank you all for your replies!
You can transfer 10k points for 50$ and then to his US acct for free after that
Old Oct 30, 2011, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by franzose
Yes, you can transfer PC points to another account at the price of $5/1000points. Names have to match for a transfer to US DM, see first post.
Originally Posted by fet
you can transfer Priority points to other people DM
It's strange, people were pretty adamant that you couldn't, and then someone reported that it worked; I'd be interested in more first hand reports.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 2:10 am

Programs: LH Miles & More
Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
It's strange, people were pretty adamant that you couldn't, and then someone reported that it worked; I'd be interested in more first hand reports.
I tried to transfer points to a friend's US DM account. Did NOT work. Points came back after long discussions with PC CS (rules violations). I had to transfer them to his PC account so he could redeem them for US DM. Full stop.

If you don't believe, try it yourself. I'm done with PC and the trouble this activity caused to my account!
Old Oct 31, 2011, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by bobby21
Anyone do a Hyatt transfer? How long does it take? Just did one earlier this week and no miles yet.
Here was how long it took for me:

9/15/2011 10/04/11 CONVERSION: HYATT-POINTS TO MILES 2,000
Old Oct 31, 2011, 4:44 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
For those without Choice points but participating in the Amex MR program, Choice just recently became a transfer partner, and there's currently a 50% bonus running on transfers from MR to Choice so you could get the 5000 Choice points for a transfer of 4000 MR points (transfers are in multiples of 1000): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-6-2011-a.html. As thread notes, promotion ends 11/6.

Good for those who don't participate in Choice Privileges (although a stay at a $100/night property with the 4X points promo that ends 11/3 booked with the mobile app at an extra bonus of 1000 would accomplish the same end).
Old Oct 31, 2011, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Hypothetically speaking:

If one had access to 2 different e-Rewards accounts, is it possible to redeem 4,000 Choice points in one and 1,000 Choice points in another and send them both to the same Choice account? I know there is some type of limit on sending Choice points from the same e-Rewards account (one per quarter), but I wasn't sure if there was a limit on the same Choice account being able to accept multiple transfers from e-Rewards during the same quarter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.