Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2012, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by TWAB747nomore
why are you so worried about skykits?
What's so confusing? My post mentions that I've got some that have not yet been redeemed, and we've received no word on what will happen with them.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 5:54 am

Location: various cities in the USofA: NYC, BWI, IAH, ORD, CVG, NYC
Programs: Former UA 1K, National Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by UA Insider
The system will handle Same Day Changes as it did in the Continental system (SDC)
Is there any way to take advantage of this today for a 3/3 016-ticket?
Old Mar 2, 2012, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by demkr
Hi Shannon,

Thanks for all the helpful info.

I just checked in for my SFO-IAD redeye (3/2) departure, and IAD-BDL connection (3/3) 8:20 am departure. Both BP's were issued by Apollo. SFO-IAD leaves before 11 pm PT, so I imagine there will be no problem w/ the Apollo BP?

Would I need (or would it be helpful) to simply use my iPhone or a kiosk when I land in IAD after 5am ET to "Re-issue" a BP from the SHARES system? Or should I simply keep my Apollo issued BP and head to the gate?

The upgrades for neither of these flights have cleared and I want to make sure I don't lose upgrade priority etc. etc. Will I lose check-in upgrade priority when I re-check on the connector ?(although Y class row 3 on the CR7 is great )
As I posted below, it seems from Shannon that the issue with the Apollo boarding passes will be being able to read it at the gate.
You can do that, but you can also reissue the BP at the gate.

Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi 21A, boarding passes issued in Apollo will not be able to be systematically read by the gate readers on the new system. That said, it’s recommended that you continue to check-in at the time you normally would - regardless of which system is issuing the boarding pass. Once at the airport, the situation will be managed at the gate by either issuing new boarding passes or inputting manually. Each gate will be ready to use which ever option best fits the circumstances for the particular flight.
Originally Posted by sbm12
More like TSA policy than a "law" but it is what it is.
Just curious what the actual law is. Someone said the law banned checking in more than 24 hours in advance. Does that apply only to US airlines, because LY OLCI open at T-27.

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
many cases are covered here Confirming the correct terminal for your flight -- not ever helpful for BOS however other than to say they still will be using Terminal A and B.
It doesn't mention EWR. Will all mainline Terminal A departures be moving to Terminal C?

Last edited by joshwex90; Mar 2, 2012 at 7:04 am Reason: added additional question vis a vis WineCountryUA
Old Mar 2, 2012, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Minor in the scope of things, but all my contact info, such as email, phone went poof. I'm not getting trip alerts or any email at all.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 7:26 am

Programs: United GS, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, AMEX PLAT
No boarding passes

LH agents here in CPT claim they can't print boarding passes for connecting flights on UAL until I get to FRA in the morning -- claim it is related to the switch.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 7:53 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I'm flying SEA-CLE on Saturday and CLE-SEA on Sunday. Checking-in right now and wondering if the Auto Check-In feature for my Sunday flights is expected to work?
Old Mar 2, 2012, 7:54 am

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Thanks for putting up this thread Shannon, and for all the work you guys do to keep us informed. ^

Good luck tomorrow. Even better luck on Sunday, since I'm actually flying then...
Old Mar 2, 2012, 8:01 am

Programs: UA*G, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by fryfrye
LH agents here in CPT claim they can't print boarding passes for connecting flights on UAL until I get to FRA in the morning -- claim it is related to the switch.
Ouch - am flying BCN->FRA on LH and FRA->IAD on UA in the morning and was hoping to get my UA boarding passes printed at BCN by the LH agents, since I will be arriving at FRA right when United's computers are scheduled to be down. I wonder how I will get boarding passes at this point? Hand printed? Tried to OLCI and am not able to. This is going to be interesting.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Good luck

I am reminded of the scene in Jurassic Park where Mr. Jackson is about to flip the switch on the computer system.

his quote was
"everybody, hold on to your butts."

seems apropo for the moment.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 9:19 am

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
Originally Posted by Wx4caster
5) Not so much a question, but a plea... BRING BACK THE PREMIUM SERVICE to Hawaii markets from IAD,DEN,IAH,EWR. Please. Seriously, please Actually one question on this matter, now that these routes are TEMPORARILY no longer BF-like, are these specific markets still allowing for UC access officially?
+1 to that ^
Old Mar 2, 2012, 9:21 am

Programs: ua Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Gold, National Executive, Avis First
Originally Posted by joshwex90

Just curious what the actual law is. Someone said the law banned checking in more than 24 hours in advance. Does that apply only to US airlines, because LY OLCI open at T-27.
You got me curious as to how an airline could skirt a TSA rule. I find this on LY's website, have you experienced anything different? Seems like flights departing Israel are the only ones t-27

"From Israel - Express Check-In is available between 27 and 3 hours before flight departure time.

To Israel - Express Check-In is available between 24 and 3 hours before flight departure time.
Check-in for flights after Sabbath or holidays can be completed before the start of the Sabbath or holiday."

Maybe a religious exemption on holidays only?

Back to topic, all seems normal (so far) for my flights scheduled for 3/4.

My mixed UA/CO itinerary for the following week is odd though. I booked on united.com, grabbed seats for all legs. United rejected my onepass number (it asked for both when making the reservation) and now United.com lists no seats for the CO operated legs. However, continental.com does lists seats for those legs, so hopefully I get to keep them.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 9:43 am

Programs: CO Platinum, CO Million Miler, Starwood Platinum
I just want to say good bye to an old friend - Continental. I will miss you. I have been flying Continental for too many years to remember (I am a million miler as is my husband, "Vulcan." We have great memories thanks to the flights we have enjoyed on Continental. I hope we will continue to see Siobhan on UA flights. I know many of the UA flyers are not happy with the changes either, but I can tell you one thing – CO has been a good airline, with some great leaders, and I hope whatever happens in the future that the people providing direct customer service, on the ground and in the air, know that I thank them for what they have done to make CO a name I will always admire and miss.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 10:22 am

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
This is what to expect at a minimum

Just an FYI for you flying around these dates, this is what is being released to all partner airlines to CO/UA...

Saturday, March 03, 2012 marks the official date for the United network, to transition from APOLLO to SHARES. The United APOLLO system will cease to function at midnight MST on March 03, 2012 and SHARES will not be available until 1:30 a.m. MST on March 03, 2012. All workstations and kiosks will go ‘dark’ at this time to begin the data migration. United expects the transition to go smoothly, however some identified possible issues that may occur are:

1) Apollo-generated boarding passes will not display flight boarding times
2) Seats blocked out in Apollo or SHARES CO will not migrate over to SHARES UA
3) Seat maps may be incorrect
4) Seat assignments may not migrate
5) NRSA lists will likely not migrate
Non-revenue passengers are encouraged to avoid travel through the transition to allow employees to best accommodate revenue passengers. As a reminder, United Companion listing and/or travel will not be permitted March 3 through March 5, 2012. If you are planning to commute to or from your domicile during this transition, it is highly recommended to plan travel
around the transition if possible to avoid any potential travel problems.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 10:32 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by 777boy
Is there any timeline for when PMUA and PMCO will unite at a single terminal for the airports where they have not yet done so?...
It most case this involves the airport authority and competitors agreeing to the changes. Suspect some of these will take years.

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
What's so confusing? My post mentions that I've got some that have not yet been redeemed, and we've received no word on what will happen with them.
while understanding the reasons for wanting to holdoff, and believing the new UA will honor past commitments, would not be surprised if this gets more difficult. Might be less hassle just to redeem now. Also minimizes the chance they will be scaled back.

Originally Posted by Mary2e
Minor in the scope of things, but all my contact info, such as email, phone went poof. I'm not getting trip alerts or any email at all.
concerning trip alerts, see TripAlert gets a new name
Old Mar 2, 2012, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by joshwex90
What federal law?
Apologies. I misspoke. It's actually a TSA "regulation" (as opposed to law) that the TSA implemented in July of 2004 for "enhanced security".

No domestic airline is allowed to offer OLCI before T-24h of the first flight.

-RM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.