Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Just got 2012 UA card - gold instead of plat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2012, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold

My 2012 MP elite card just came in the mail today. However when I opened it it was for premier gold instead of premier plat. The chart in the packet for my 2011 activity showed what looks like around 74,000 miles while my CO.com account says I'm plat and my statement for 12/31/11 says 75,086 EQM. I even got a plat OP card in the mail a month or so ago.

Anyone else have anything similar happen? The only thing I can think is that I bought the last thousand miles in early December through Elite Maximizer since I knew I was going to come up short.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 11:25 am

Programs: AA ExPlat; UA GS (via MM companion); SPG
Someone else posted about getting Silver instead of Gold.

One hopes these are isolated incidents, and not the result of a wholesale use of old/bad data by the card producer.

I'd call in, get your Plat status confirmed, and get a request going for proper credentials.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 11:50 am

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by flyer215
Someone else posted about getting Silver instead of Gold.

One hopes these are isolated incidents, and not the result of a wholesale use of old/bad data by the card producer.

I'd call in, get your Plat status confirmed, and get a request going for proper credentials.
I got the email that 2012 credentials were being mailed but haven't gotten mine yet. I'm 1k and all I have now is expired drink tickets...did any come in the new package!
Old Feb 25, 2012, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

No drink tickets were in my packet.

I was hoping for some too - I used to have a huge stack and always drank for free on CO/UA. I'd even give them to my friends or once bought the guy in front of me a beer not to recline his seat. No I'm pretty much out.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 2:34 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cgwright
... However when I opened it it was for premier gold instead of premier plat. ...
what status shows here? -- https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com...ites/index.jsp
Old Feb 25, 2012, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the link, WineCountryUA ^

Here's what it says:
Your 2012 MileagePlus program status: Premier® Platinum
(effective March 3, 2012)
So it sounds like they just mailed the wrong card. I'll give them a call Monday and see what happens.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Looks like WineCountry fixed him up. I'd call them to sort it out.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA
Same here, I got gold instead of platinum card.

MP CS said my Plat card just mailed out to me this Friday.

Last edited by alwaysflyingLA; Feb 25, 2012 at 4:48 pm
Old Feb 25, 2012, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Still no 1K card here in Seattle.

And that darn link for the webpage showing you what status you're supposed to have does not work at all in Google Chrome. Fine in FF and IE, though.

-RM
Old Feb 25, 2012, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA 1MM; QF VA CI KL KE
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
And that darn link for the webpage showing you what status you're supposed to have does not work at all in Google Chrome. Fine in FF and IE, though.
Works fine in Chrome for me. I guess your settings are subtly different with the various browsers.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Got around to calling CS and they said a plat card is on its way. Apparently as of 1/1 my status showed gold, but then it changed to plat on 1/12, and they "jumped the gun on sending data to the card producer".

My last flight of 2011 was on 12/27, so maybe it just took awhile to credit.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by cgwright
Got around to calling CS and they said a plat card is on its way. Apparently as of 1/1 my status showed gold, but then it changed to plat on 1/12, and they "jumped the gun on sending data to the card producer".

My last flight of 2011 was on 12/27, so maybe it just took awhile to credit.

I take it this was UA MP CS?

CO OPSC is not open on the weekends, and it would be unlike them to provide such specifics in the information, let alone admit to an error.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by channa
I take it this was UA MP CS?

CO OPSC is not open on the weekends, and it would be unlike them to provide such specifics in the information, let alone admit to an error.
Yes it was MP CS and there was zero hold time and the agent was incredibly pleasant. ^ Hopefully this level of service sticks around.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 4:59 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, United MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I think it is really inconsiderate of United to wait to send out the cards so close to the March 2 Expiration. I have not received my card , and am flying early next week, not returning til the following week--If I don't get it soon, how am I supposed to use a Card that expires on March 2 to get into *Gold International lounges?
Old Feb 25, 2012, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

When I moved from silver to gold a few years back I was able to talk my way in with a printout from CO's website (including LH senator lounge in DUS). The lounge dragon wasn't happy about it though. As they say, YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.