Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2012 Let's Eat - Domestic First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Old Dec 31, 2011, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.6MM

This thead is ONLY for:
International First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class
Domestic First, BusinessFirst, and Business Class
International & Domestic Economy Class
This thread should have the Domestic First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class meal information.

Domestic is defined as flights within the USA (states and territories).

Don't forget to post the date and route information along with the meal information!

For an general description of United's First and Business Class Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Snack meals, BlissWorld has created this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-pictures.html

For an general description of Continental's First and Business Class Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Snack meals, BlissWorld has created this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...ms-thread.html

For the curious folks, the 2011 thread is here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ess-class.html

With that, Let's Eat 2012!

Last edited by warreng24; Jan 19, 2012 at 9:10 pm Reason: Thanks gengar! Good editorial catch!
Old Dec 31, 2011, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Alignment of Premium Cabin Domestic Catering (UA/CO Mainline Only)

As of 01 February 2012, the catering in the domestic premium cabins will be aligned across all UA and CO flights. This includes an alignment of service standards, beverage choices, meal choices, and service items (ie lines, tableware, silverware, and drinkware).

The tentative service is as follows:
  • Flights under 219 miles - Beverage of Choice and a small pre-packaged cocktail snack (ie pretzels).
  • Flight between 220 and 699 miles - Beverage of Choice and a warm scone/muffin during breakfast hours or a snack basket during lunch, dinner, and late night hours.
  • Flights between 700 miles and 1499 miles - Beverage of Choice with warm nut service and a meal service (2 choices)
  • Flights over 1500 miles - Beverage of Choice with warm nut service and a meal service (2 choices) during breakfast, lunch, and dinner hours with a snack basket prior to arrival. During late night hours, only a snack basket will be provided.
  • Transcon Flights - Beverage of Choice with warm nut service and a meal service (3 choices) during breakfast, lunch, and dinner hours with a snack basket prior to arrival. During late night hours, only a snack plate will be provided with a snack basket or a warm scone/muffin (red-eyes) prior to arrival.

Additionally, EWR-SFO/LAX flights will be catered as p.s. service. No word on if this will be p.s. F, p.s. C, or a hybrid catering.

More updates to come as information is released.

[UPDATE]
continental.com and united.com have been updated with more information on domestic F and C meal service

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...ss/dining.aspx

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6867,51501,00.html

Last edited by warreng24; Feb 3, 2012 at 10:13 am
Old Dec 31, 2011, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Reserved

Last edited by warreng24; Jan 31, 2012 at 9:24 am
Old Dec 31, 2011, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Reserved
Old Dec 31, 2011, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Hey, you left "international" in the OP definition part.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA EXP OWE Hyatt Globalist
JFK-SFO
p.s. First Class
UA 863
5:25p-9:00p (sked)
5:25p-8:02p (actual)
757-200
January 5, 2012
Dinner

Admittedly, any connection from LH First is going to be a tough act to follow.
But, wow. Terrible FCL, depressing, tired and filthy F cabin.

The only thing that saved this flight was tailwinds cutting an hour off the flight and a great, great FA, older JFK-based Ken. Dinner was Vegetarian Spring Roll with a lovely plastic dipping cup , Salad with choice of Caesar or Asian Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette, followed by choice of Grilled Filet Mignon, Grilled Mahi Mahi or Portabella Ravioli. The filet was actually pretty good and the asparagus al dente. But overall, AA midcon dinners are better.

I can see why UA is planning on dumping three class transcon F. No one in their right mind would pay real money for this.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Have you done SFO-JFK yet on AA, if so how does the serivce compare? I believe once the PS fleet get's redone it will be a much better product than AA, having the BF lie flat seat and BF service will raise the bar.

Originally Posted by SFO777
JFK-SFO
p.s. First Class
UA 863
5:25p-9:00p (sked)
5:25p-8:02p (actual)
757-200
January 5, 2012
Dinner

I can see why UA is planning on dumping three class transcon F. No one in their right mind would pay real money for this.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jan 6, 2012 at 7:34 am Reason: edited for images/brevity
Old Jan 6, 2012, 8:40 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
1/04/12
UA759
ORD-SFO
A320
Breakfast

Choice of

Fruit plate w/ yogurt and cereal (what I should have got)

or

Eggs with disgusting sausage link, tomato, and potato cake served w/ tiny fruit plate and croissant. Had to remind the FA about the croissant

http://i43.tinypic.com/15f3bsy.jpg

Last edited by demkr; Jan 6, 2012 at 8:56 am
Old Jan 6, 2012, 8:44 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
PHL-IAH
F Lunch 1/4/2012
CO Flt # ? 737-500

Hot grilled chicken sandwich or grilled chicken salad, served with mushroom brie soup, a small fruit bowl and Pepperidge Farm Milano cookies.

The salad was OK, the soup extremely hot and delicious. The fruit was lame.

Service was excellent.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 8:53 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
IAH-ONT
F Dinner
CO ? 737-800

Some kind of jambalaya (chicken) or spinach-cheese ravioli served with a side salad, mushroom brie soup and a slice of cherry cheese cake.

I had the ravioli, served with a tomato-mushroom sauce, which was pretty good although served in a cold bowl, so it quickly cooled down. The portion was huge. Soup was again delicious. Red wine was meh, but I didn't get the name.

Service was very good during the meal service then FA's sat in the galley.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 9:32 am

Programs: UA, Bonvoy, Amex Plat
1/1/12
IAH-ORD
CO 737-900

"Snack" (1:15 p.m. departure)

Cold cuts (two slices of salami, one slice of turkey breast, cheese cubes), crackers, fruit bowl, Milano cookies

Pretty nasty and soggy. Same as on the outbound evening flight on 12/31. Service was excellent on the IAH-ORD leg, though--FA Kathi D was great.

Last edited by zcat18; Jan 6, 2012 at 10:13 am
Old Jan 6, 2012, 9:53 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by zcat18
1/1/12
IAH-ORD
CO 737-900

"Snack" (1:15 p.m. departure)

Cold cuts (two slices of salami, one slice of turkey breast, cheese cubes), crackers, fruit bowl, Milano cookies

Pretty nasty and soggy. Same as on the outbound evening flight on 12/31. Service was excellent on the IAH-ORD leg, though--thanks, Kathi D.
I actually really like the deli plate, if only it were a little bit bigger for flights like SFO-IAH or served with a bag of chips or something
Old Jan 6, 2012, 10:17 am

Programs: UA, Bonvoy, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by demkr
I actually really like the deli plate, if only it were a little bit bigger for flights like SFO-IAH or served with a bag of chips or something
I think my judgment might be colored by the fact that I'm not a big fan of cold cuts in general. At any rate, I'd rather have the deli plate and cordial service on a domestic flight (read: drinks refilled copiously ) than chateaubriand and surly FAs.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 10:48 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
That deli plate is awful, especially for those who don't eat pork (or any red meat, in my case). CO/UA needs to continue offering a choice of at least chicken on all flights, or go vegetarian for the single offer.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 7:57 pm

01/06/12
UA286
SFO-JFK
PS C Class
Breakfast

First -time flying on a PS flight. Meal was good, but surprised that no cookie is served on these flights? (We did get snack basket before arrival).

Choice of

Scrambled eggs dish
French toast
or Fruit plate

Chose the french toast.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2ptrs4w.jpg

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.