Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Lounge Options at NRT" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2015, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Current thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1649271-consolidated-ua-gold-lounge-options-nrt-thread-2015-a.html
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2009, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA *G MM

It's been a few years since I flew through NRT. Is the description here still valid and it still makes sense to go to the NH lounge for shower and food?

My NRT-BKK is back up to C9 D9 Z9 but the seat map still only shows 2 seats available...... When I took this last time I had a C ticket and it was really cheap in miles to upgrade to F. (Like 10k?) F still has 10 seats but is NF1 (so sadly nobody is on the WL to upgrade C to F....). I guess that the F availability explains why they the C class buckets are all 9s.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 4:54 pm

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
The NRT UA first lounge only have 2 showers if I remember correct, compare to 8-10 showers in the downstairs RCC. Inside has nicer furnishings than the shower in RCC, but currently, both of the lounges are using the same crabtree and evelyn shower kit, nice as usual compare to little shampoo packages use by NH.
I clearly remember 4 or 5 showers at the NRT IFL.

The HKG RCC has only 2 showers.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 5:02 pm

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
Originally Posted by gnaget
It's been a few years since I flew through NRT. Is the description here still valid and it still makes sense to go to the NH lounge for shower and food?
If flying C, then go to RCC for shower and then head to NH lounge for everything else.
If flying F, then just go to NH F lounge and skip UA IFL unless you have to see customer service agent.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 10:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Narita Lounge?

I am flying United C SFO-NRT-TPE. The layover in NRT is 4hours. Kind of painful. I know there is an RCC there. I am *Gold, and I am a RCC member. I know the ANA lounge is also there. What do you think I should go to for the layover? Which is better for the 4 hour stay?
Old Oct 24, 2009, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by SFflyer123
I am flying United C SFO-NRT-TPE. The layover in NRT is 4hours. Kind of painful. I know there is an RCC there. I am *Gold, and I am a RCC member. I know the ANA lounge is also there. What do you think I should go to for the layover? Which is better for the 4 hour stay?
Go to both, shower in RCC and go to ANA lounge for food.

Btw, there are thousands of threads since the ANA lounge open in T1 several years ago, please do a search.

There are also very recent discussions related to that.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-rcc-food.html
Old Oct 25, 2009, 5:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Amazing off-topic thread!

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Go to both, shower in RCC and go to ANA lounge for food.

Btw, there are thousands of threads since the ANA lounge open in T1 several years ago, please do a search.

There are also very recent discussions related to that.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-rcc-food.html
Thanks for this link. I never clincked on it because I had no interest in it. However, that thread has been totally derailed into a discussion about RCC vs ANA lounge (my very question) and not about the CO taking pictures of the RCC! That thread--although totally off-topic--answers my question very thoroughly, thank you.

BTW, I have done a search. If you notice, the search is what resulted in my resurrecting this 3-year old thread, instead of starting a new thread. I specifically searched for "lounge NRT access" in the UA forum, not in the general forums, because I wanted to see comparisons of RCC vs ANA lounge. Use those search terms, and that is all you will get, certainly not "thousands" of threads discussing the ANA lounge, nor does it pull up this "CO taking pictures" thread.

Thanks for directing me to this "hidden" thread!

Last edited by SFflyer123; Oct 25, 2009 at 5:28 pm
Old Dec 10, 2009, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA Plat, LAN Comodoro, LH SEN, Flying Blue Plat
ANA First Lounge

When flying out of NRT to SIN/BKK on UA F redemption ticket, would I be able to use the ANA First Lounge at NRT?

I guess it doesn't make any difference if I am a StarGold or not, right?
Old Dec 10, 2009, 3:37 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Yes if you've got an F ticket (even an award) you can use the ANA F lounge or the United IFL at NRT. *Gold status doesn't matter in this case.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 9:35 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Narita Lounge?

I'm flying United ORD-NRT-TPE. Will they let me use any other lounge except the RCC? Perhaps the ANA lounge?

1P
Old Dec 21, 2009, 9:39 am

Yes as a 1P you will get access to the ANA Lounge.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 9:40 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.5MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
Yes, as a Star Alliance Gold member (1P), you will have access to the ANA lounge.

For what it's worth, the RCC has nice views and better showers (with small amenity kits), but the ANA Lounge has better snacks & drinks & sake bar. One of the lounges has a very nice seating area that looks out over the tarmac.

Have fun!
Old Dec 21, 2009, 9:41 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Ok, so even though I'm not flying ANA I can still get in?

I don't really use the showers, etc. and the "famous" beer machine in the RCC is no big deal to me so...
Old Dec 21, 2009, 9:42 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Lori_Q
Yes, as a Star Alliance Gold member (1P), you will have access to the ANA lounge.

For what it's worth, the RCC has nice views and better showers (with small amenity kits), but the ANA Lounge has better snacks & drinks & sake bar. One of the lounges has a very nice seating area that looks out over the tarmac.

Have fun!
Nothing wrong with the showers in the ANA Lounge, IMO.

Also, the ANA Lounge has a noodle bar where you can get made to order bowls of Udon noodles with various add-ins. Good stuff.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 9:45 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by sneezyalex
Ok, so even though I'm not flying ANA I can still get in?
See post above.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Dec 21, 2009 at 9:59 am
Old Dec 21, 2009, 9:51 am

Programs: Oz Diamond,
When you deboard the airplane at NRT, do not follow the crowd to the security check point. Turn to the opposite side of the crowd and you will be end up near gate 47 and ANA lounge. The ANA lounge near gate 52 is the best; however, the shower kit is better in RCC. I usually ran to RCC from gate 47, take a shower then head back to gate 47 or 52 depending on time limitation.

Polar Bear

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.