Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

United's Fall/Winter 2009 DEQM/DEQS Promotion (MPW049, MPW059)

Old Sep 2, 2009, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat

Double EQM, *OR* Double EQS

http://www.united.com/page/article/1..._500bonusmiles

Billy

* IF YOU ARE NEW TO THIS THREAD * THIS COULD SAVE YOU TIME *

Double EQS or EQM (your choice) Sept 3 - Dec 15, retroactive (i.e. register any time during this period), Non-governmental fares only, combinable with other offers EXCEPT the Australia Double EQM extension, UA Metal only. Tickets can be bought at anytime including prior to the promotion, but must be e-tickets (not paper). You can register online, could take a day or two to show up on your promotions page.

Much of this thread is speculative, concerning issues that were not covered very well in the pre-release and early release of the rules, talking about combinability and round trips (not necessary).

Last edited by Delta3MM; Sep 5, 2009 at 2:44 pm Reason: Added Summary
Old Sep 2, 2009, 5:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Delta3MM
Woo hoo!!! ^^^

Totally new URL for that page. Where did you find it? Still nothing yet on the main page or under MP Promos.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 5:38 pm

That was quick - done and registered. It may put me up to 1k if I'm lucky... Just need one more booked trip.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 5:38 pm

Programs: OP Platinum, UA 1K
This promotion will definitely help me out.

I had to switch from Continental to UA in June, and am going from platinum CO but want to hit 1K UA. I have already built up 60K miles since then on UA, but I wasn't sure if I could actually get all the way to 1K in only 7 months. This will easily get me there.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Platinum, National Executive
Originally Posted by Delta3MM

Seems identical to AA, except that the EQS part.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 5:43 pm

Programs: SW A-List, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Elite, Hilton Gold
Does the DEQM qualify for tickets already purchased or only new reservations? If Im flying in A, then with this promo, I get 2.5*(miles flown) for my EQM correct?

Im only a couple hundred miles from 1P, really doubt I will try for 1K. Maybe hit 75,000 so that I can nominate a 3P.

Last edited by UCSBCHRIS2002; Sep 2, 2009 at 5:50 pm
Old Sep 2, 2009, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA MP Premier Silver (sigh!), Virgin Elevate, HHonors, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Gold, Does AAA count?
UA DEQM AA Match - Sept. 2 - Dec. 15 MPW049, MPW059

Here it is!!

Programs: JL Diamond, CX MPC Silver, OW Emerald, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium

Yeeha! Let the fun begin!
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Yes, I have signed up. More SWUs to come....

Old Sep 2, 2009, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Wow

This changes EVERYTHING for the rest of the year!

Did anyone actually have it show up on their "My Promotions" page?
Old Sep 2, 2009, 5:49 pm

Cool

From the T&C:

Elite Qualifying Miles or Segments will be credited 4-6 weeks after travel
To be eligible, qualifying travel must be posted to the Mileage Plus account no later than December 30, 2009.
I presume the latter clause refers to the regular flight activity posting, not the bonus miles or segments. It's still sort of ridiculous. They're basically saying, "If we miss or botch posting flights to your account during the promo period, you better get us to fix them quickly!"

Or maybe the clause is to preemptively admonish anyone who might forget to provide their MP number? Seems unlikely for anyone who's already conscientious enough to use this promo.

Last edited by GoAmtrak; Sep 2, 2009 at 5:52 pm Reason: typo
Old Sep 2, 2009, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA MP Premier Silver (sigh!), Virgin Elevate, HHonors, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Gold, Does AAA count?
Updated Promotion listing as of 09/05/09 12:00 PDT, updated bits in bold.

From the linked page:

Earn double elite qualifying miles or double elite qualifying segments

Travel dates:
September 3 - December 15, 2009

Registration dates:
September 3 - December 15, 2009

Offer:
A special opportunity to help you retain elite status or earn a higher level. Earn your choice of either double Elite Qualifying Miles* (EQM) or double Elite Qualifying Segments (EQS) on qualifying United or United Express flights

You can register for only one offer. Customers who register for both offers will receive double Elite Qualifying Miles.

*Elite Qualifying Miles are not redeemable for flights, but do count toward Premier, Premier Executive and 1K status.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terms & Conditions (MPW049, MPW059):

1. Offer valid for all Mileage Plus members.
2. Registration must be completed before December 15, 2009.
3. To be eligible for double Elite Qualifying Miles (EQM), registration is required at united.com/offer/mpw049. Link was added.
4. To be eligible for double Elite Qualifying Segments (EQS), registration is required at united.com/offer/mpw059. Link was added
5. Customers who register for both double EQM and double EQS will receive double Elite Qualifying Miles.
6. Registered members will earn either double Elite Qualifying Miles or double Elite Qualifying Segments on paid qualifying flights flown during the offer travel period, even if flown before registration. Newly added, altered the old numbering till 17. Roundtrip requirement dropped 09/05/09.
7. Travel period: September 3 – December 15, 2009.
8. Participation in this offer does not guarantee elite status.
9. E-Ticket purchase is required.
10. For tickets purchased in the U.S.: Tickets purchased through United reservation offices are $25 higher per ticket, and airport ticket counters are $30 per ticket higher. Fees are subject to change without notice.
11. Double Elite Qualifying Miles for this offer is defined as two times the actual base flight miles credited to the account for qualifying flights taken during the offer period. (instead of "your" and "promotion")
12. Double Elite Qualifying Segments for this offer is defined as two times the actual base flight segments credited to the account for qualifying flights taken during the offer period. (ditto)
13. The bonus EQM/EQS will be credited 4-6 weeks after qualifying activity. Changed language - Elite Qualifying Miles or Segments will be credited 4-6 weeks after travel
14. To be eligible, qualifying travel must be posted to the Mileage Plus account no later than December 30, 2009.
15 This offer does not apply to class-of-service bonus miles, class-of-service EQM, elite bonus miles, redeemable bonus miles or promotional EQM.
16. Offer valid for all paid, published fares. Offer not valid on government fares. Combined language from old 16.
17. Offer is combinable with other combinable offers. Offer is not combinable with MPW029. N.B., added this morning to clarify Aussie/NZ promotion.
18. Passenger must be a member of United’s Mileage Plus frequent flyer program for travel to qualify for this offer. Flights must be credited to the Mileage Plus account in order to qualify.
19. Offer valid on flights operated by United and United Express. Offer not valid on United-marketed code-share flights operated by other carriers or on Star Alliance flights.
20. Elite Qualifying Miles cannot be redeemed for award travel.
21. Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
22. Miles accrued, awards issued and bonus offers are subject to the rules of the United Mileage Plus program. The Mileage Plus program, including accruals, awards and bonus miles offers, is subject to change without notice. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the passenger. United and Mileage Plus are registered service marks. For complete details about the Mileage Plus program, visit united.com. (MPW049, MPW059)

Cut and pasted to the best of my ability. Be sure to check the link for the latest changes. YMMV, of course!

Last edited by MP Premier; Sep 5, 2009 at 12:35 pm Reason: Added numbering format, new update 09/05/09, 1200 PDT
Old Sep 2, 2009, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
Registered. Not showing up in My Promotions yet, but I'm not traveling on paid UA until November anyway.

I will make 1K this year.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by GoPUBoilers
Did anyone actually have it show up on their "My Promotions" page?
Nope; glad I'm not not the only one. The My Promos page does say to allow 48 hours, so be sure to check back.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 5:53 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
Nope; glad I'm not not the only one. The My Promos page does say to allow 48 hours, so be sure to check back.
Is there a thank you for registering page that one can print as proof?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.