Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

United's Fall/Winter 2009 DEQM/DEQS Promotion (MPW049, MPW059)

United's Fall/Winter 2009 DEQM/DEQS Promotion (MPW049, MPW059)

Old Sep 2, 2009, 11:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ssh
How do you know it worked? So far, I'm not seeing it on MyPromotions, and there's nothing at all to indicate that I'm registered...
sorry, "works" not "worked". according to the newest terms registration anytime prior to 12/15 is valid.

But as I said I'm re-registering tomorrow to be sure. No harm.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 11:58 pm

Programs: UA, 1K 2MM
Originally Posted by worldexpress
i dropped my jaw when i read that AA was at it again this afternoon. and i'm thoroughly impressed how quickly UA moved in response. what's even more impressive is how quickly FT-ers racked up almost 130 posts since the UA announcement. unbelievable.
....and registered for this promotion. Ah the lust for that extra mile or two
Old Sep 3, 2009, 12:00 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by hungarianhc
bleh... already at 110K... here we go further devaluing my 1K status...
And how did you earn those 110K EQM's? Through the first DEQM promotion? If so, then bleh...here we go further devaluing my 1K status (well, actually GS, but devaluing nonetheless).
Old Sep 3, 2009, 12:01 am

Programs: UA MP Premier Silver (sigh!), Virgin Elevate, HHonors, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Gold, Does AAA count?
Originally Posted by docbert
So this has a different Promo code than the Australian double/triple EQM promotion, which still runs until October 15, and there's no T&C's that I can see that disallow receiving EQM's from both.

Anyone want to bet on the chances both promos will count for flights between September 3rd and October 15th?
17. Offer is combinable with other combinable offers.

I think you'll have to look up the T&C's of the Austrailian D/TEQM promotion and see if its a combinable offer. Would be sweet if it was!!

Originally Posted by mkasperzak
Anybody notice that the registration period begins Sept 3? Do we all have register again? I am flying at 6 AM on Sept 3.

I suspect a lot of people may be registering after 12:00 midnight local time. I've got a family member flying at 0600 this morning so I'll be registering her, then myself and a few other family members who will be flying this year. Too bad it doesn't work for *A, I've got four family members flying LAX-PEK Thursday via Air China, too bad they didn't have a UA flight!
Old Sep 3, 2009, 12:20 am

For tickets purchased in the US ?

From Item 9 of the T and C's

For tickets purchased in the U.S.:

Anyone have any idea what that means ?

Does it mean that tickets have to be purchased from the .com website and not other country sites ?

Or is it simply telling us that if we purchase tickets over the telephone or at a ticket counter we will be charged a fee ? Which I thought would have been obvious.

Last edited by thebobmc; Sep 3, 2009 at 12:26 am
Old Sep 3, 2009, 1:08 am

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by thebobmc
Or is it simply telling us that if we purchase tickets over the telephone or at a ticket counter we will be charged a fee ?
It's simply stating that tickets purchased by phone or at the airport in the U.S. are assessed an additional booking fee. Tickets purchased in other countries in this fashion may or may not be assessed a fee. It's just boilerplate language; don't worry about it. The promo will apply regardless of where you purchase your ticket.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
I was looking at needing 2 MRs to get back to 1P, (after 4 years at 1K) and now I only need one!

Myself, Mrs. Redbeard and Miss Redbeard are all signed-up. This will be the first year for 1P for them.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 1:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Plat
Originally Posted by ssh
How do you know it worked? So far, I'm not seeing it on MyPromotions, and there's nothing at all to indicate that I'm registered...
From the My Promotions page:

"Please note that registration may take up to 48 hours to process."
Old Sep 3, 2009, 1:53 am

Programs: UA life 1K, 2MM; AA Life Pt 3mm; DL nada now!; AS nada now; BA, FD, CX, LH, DD, Amex Pt, Diners
Maybe...

just maybe... I'll get my son to 1K too. I thought I would quit him out at 75K to get Premier Associate for his grandma. This is getting ridiculous - and I vowed this year to stop all this nonsense status stuff. They have us as hooked as junkies. But really I just can't face the thought of flying without 1K status. Are these airlines going to stay alive?
Old Sep 3, 2009, 1:56 am

Programs: UA life 1K, 2MM; AA Life Pt 3mm; DL nada now!; AS nada now; BA, FD, CX, LH, DD, Amex Pt, Diners
Yea - why is this

Originally Posted by KarlJ
From the My Promotions page:

"Please note that registration may take up to 48 hours to process."
My wife's and mine did it immediately and I could see it on that confirmation page.

My son's gave this message and I could not see it.

I have seen stuff like this in the past. What's the deal? Lousy programming? Overloaded computers? ???
Old Sep 3, 2009, 2:36 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines
wow, what a nice surprise...:-)

now, if I could just figure out the most miles for the least $....I am 43k shy of 1k...do I dare?

hmmmmm :-)
Old Sep 3, 2009, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by UAAAPeter
My wife's and mine did it immediately and I could see it on that confirmation page.

My son's gave this message and I could not see it.

I have seen stuff like this in the past. What's the deal? Lousy programming? Overloaded computers? ???
Probably overloaded computers. Come to think of it, I have yet to receive the deqm promotion email from UA.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 2:48 am

Programs: UA1K 3MM, AS MVP 75K Gold
This will yield around 38K along with around 45K for the previous DEQM promotion so I'll have around 240K by the end of October.

Boy, the "value" of 1K has gone down, no?
Old Sep 3, 2009, 2:50 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by goalie
all registered now i just have to find 49,242 eqms for roughly $1,000 (or less)
Come to SYD once via HNL, that will give you 41K approx then do a trip to JFK perhaps

I cant tell you just how excited and thrilled I was to hear about this from my chat buddies today ^. They had to put up with me being totally overwhelmed and excited as I worked out how I will use my new SWUs in 2010. I have to share them with Mini DG so they wont last too long.

For the first time EVER I will make 1K - WOOHOOOOOO ^.

This year I was GM (eek, yes I lost my usual 2P by a few 1000 eqm), then 2P, currently 1P and NOW I am going for the ultimate 1K (well, getting to GS is out of the question, so its the ultimate for me) .

Hmmm, now since I am already registered for AUSSIE DEQM, does this mean until OCT 15, all my flights are going to earn QUADRUPLE EQMs?? . After all its says COMBINABLE with all other offers. OH BOY!

UA, I love ya :-:, I just cant wipe the SMILE off my face tonight .
Old Sep 3, 2009, 2:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, NW forever
Originally Posted by Ripper3785
Is there a thank you for registering page that one can print as proof?
Originally Posted by COpltASgldPHX
It doesn't say what you've registered for.

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
1K...it's the new 2P.

United must be desperate for cash.
Not cash, but loyalty that they hope will turn into future cash when things get better.

Originally Posted by dhauld
The general cut-back in business travel more than offsets DEQM promotions. Very few people off of this forum will add travel to their plans just to get EQMs. I would bet the actual affect is much more that GMs become 2Ps than 1Ps become 1Ks.
I think the vast majority of GM's either don't get UA emails or have them go directly to their junk folders, so they have no idea about DEQM.

Actually, I think the vast majority of GM's don't know the difference between EQM and RDM.

Originally Posted by PTSBrian
I must be the only person in the world for whom this will accomplish nothing. I was set to finish the year at about 53K EQMs with 47 EQS, including 7K EQMs and 14 EQS remaining. Even with those doubled, I don't even get up to the next Elite Choice threshold, much less to 1K status.
With current travel plans, this brings me from 106,406 to 123,336 EQM. It will bring the mrs. over 75K though.

Originally Posted by mrswirl
If you make it to 70K then I would push ahead to at least 75K in order to get your 3P nomination from Elite Choices.
Before you do this, ask yourself what benefit you get from the 3P nomination vs. the time/$$ to get 75K. If you have a partner or family member who flies UA a lot (without you) then it's worth it. Otherwise I don't see the value, unless you can trade it on CC.

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Most definitely. AA is coupling this offer with another:

Earn 125,000 or more elite qualifying miles or points during 2009, and choose two of the following:

* 2 One-Way Systemwide Upgrades
* One 1-Year Admirals Club Membership
* 25,000 AAdvantage Bonus Miles
* Gift of AAdvantage Gold status for a Friend

More modest benefits for making it to 75K and 40K.
Now *that* would get me to book a MR!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.