Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UAL's IPTE (International Premium Travel Experience) - New C and F Cabins Update

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UAL's IPTE (International Premium Travel Experience) - New C and F Cabins Update

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2009, 8:19 am
Company Representative - United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: United Public Relations

Hello All -- Wanted to share with you an update on the rollout of IPTE:

IPTE modifications continue to progress as we have completed two of the three international fleets - with the 767 fleet (21 planes) completed in May and the 747 fleet (24 planes) set to be complete in October.

The B777 program is more complex than the B767 and B747 programs given the three different sub-fleets. Therefore, the first IPTE B777 conversion is being pushed back by a few months and we will start the work in February 2010. This also allows us to not start the conversions during the busy holiday travel period.

This decision will allow us to better manage our capital expenditure in 2009 – helping us maintain a stronger cash flow through Q4, which is our most challenging period.

We are developing a revised aircraft modification schedule, so it is too early to say when the full B777 modifications will be complete until we work out those details. We'll keep you updated.

Have a nice weekend all!
Old Jul 10, 2009, 8:23 am

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Originally Posted by United PR
IPTE modifications continue to progress as we have completed two of the three international fleets - with the 767 fleet (21 planes) completed in May and the 747 fleet (24 planes) set to be complete in October.
Good news, but how can you have completed two fleets when in the same line, you state the 2nd fleet won't be completed until Oct?
Old Jul 10, 2009, 8:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by United PR
747 fleet (24 planes) set to be complete in October.
Do you know at what point the final 2 747's will be grounded or will those just be unconverted "misfists" in the system?

Also... what does "IPTE" stand for?
Old Jul 10, 2009, 8:36 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by fastair
Good news, but how can you have completed two fleets when in the same line, you state the 2nd fleet won't be completed until Oct?
Spin.

This doesn't surprise me although I definitely would have liked it to happen on schedule considering my two UA airports KWI/DXB fly the 777 across the pond to IAD.

Oh well a year from now we will have several 777 to enjoy I hope.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 8:43 am

Location: Palo Alto. Previously, below the approaches to Rwy 19 @ DCA or 28 @ ORD
Programs: UA 1K 0.8MM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
International Premium Travel Experience
Old Jul 10, 2009, 8:52 am

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Happy to hear that there is a "Plan", very sad to hear that they won't be starting till 2/2010. So it will be almost 2 years (I think) after the original conversion started. You think they would have had plenty of time to figure out the 777 issue. I guess I will be avoiding them like the plague.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
Installing Product Time Extended
Old Jul 10, 2009, 8:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Platinum, others
I feel like groundhog day. UnitedPR comes back, and I get to fly other airlines' premium cabins instead of United for six more months
Old Jul 10, 2009, 9:07 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat
777 Fleet Upgrade Postponed

from airliners.net

IPTE Modifications to be Complete on B747 in October, B777 Start Moves to February 2010

Modifications of the 24 aircraft in our Boeing 747 fleet to the new International Premium Travel Experience (IPTE) configuration remain on track to be completed in October 2009. However, work on the Boeing 777 fleet is being moved back a few months to start in February 2010.

While our International Premium Travel Experience (IPTE) aircraft continue to double our customer satisfaction scores, and the modifications continue to progress well, the B777 program is more complex than the B767 and B747 programs, given the three different B777 sub-fleets. In addition, we are facing a challenging year due to the global recession, changing market demand and increasing fuel prices.
My guess is that it gets postponed indefinitely...
Old Jul 10, 2009, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Why didn't UA install herringbone as their business product? I tried 2 products over the week--Air Canada and Air New Zealand business/herringbone and they were both far superior than UA's new business product.

What a shame. UA, if you are listening, change your product on the 777!
Old Jul 10, 2009, 9:12 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
WOW! The only saving grace is we wont have "Will I be on a reconfig 777" threads for a few more months...
Old Jul 10, 2009, 9:15 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by thezipper
WOW! The only saving grace is we wont have "Will I be on a reconfig 777" threads for a few more months...
I certainly hope you're right.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 9:17 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
Why didn't UA install herringbone as their business product? I tried 2 products over the week--Air Canada and Air New Zealand business/herringbone and they were both far superior than UA's new business product.

I too hope they will consider going with a herringbone pattern for the 777's. The 763's with 2-2-2 in C is quite manageable, however, with the planned 2-4-2 on the 777's I'd like to a more suitable configuration for getting access to the aisle.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 9:28 am

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Originally Posted by thezipper
The only saving grace is we wont have "Will I be on a reconfig 777" threads for a few more months...
A very optimistic prediction...
Old Jul 10, 2009, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by BlissWorld

I've flown on NZ and VS, both with the herringbone pattern, and don't see any material difference between UA's, other than the rear-facing seats.

I like the UA layout better for couples. It's difficult to sit "next" to someone in a herringbone config.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.