Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

SFO - How to Connect Between UA's Domestic and International Gates Behind Security

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO - How to Connect Between UA's Domestic and International Gates Behind Security

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2008, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Something lifetime here and there

Just an FYI.....

SFO TSA told me yesterday in SFO (on my way back from SIN) that the walk-way from Domestic to INTL will be opening on the 23rd of Dec.

Hopefully the information was accurate.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Nov 23, 2010 at 12:57 pm Reason: retitled thread for clarity
Old Dec 20, 2008, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by goingbananas
Just an FYI.....

SFO TSA told me yesterday in SFO (on my way back from SIN) that the walk-way from Domestic to INTL will be opening on the 23rd of Dec.

That's good news, if true. ^ I will be connecting at SFO on my way to FRA on the 28th, assuming it stops snowing here in PDX by then.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 3:51 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Just an FYI.....

Will there be a ribbon cutting ceremony?
Old Dec 20, 2008, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Will there be a ribbon cutting ceremony?
Yeah...with complimentary champagne, wine/cheese and a full spread of hors d'oeuvres!!!
Old Dec 20, 2008, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA LTG QF LTG/P1 NZ*E
I understood it was to be built off the existing walkway (just before security let you out into the non-sterile area). Hope i'm wrong as I have not seen any construction going on in the area

Jeff
Old Dec 20, 2008, 7:40 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jswong
I understood it was to be built off the existing walkway (just before security let you out into the non-sterile area). Hope i'm wrong as I have not seen any construction going on in the area

Jeff
There is a temporary wall in the hallway past the west security area that hides the construction from view when you go through the exit. You can see the walkway from the windows along the walkway to the international terminal.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
The walkway is NOT using the current landside walkway, it is a new walkway. I posted pictures in another thread (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ational-4.html )

The photos are from November

http://i35.tinypic.com/2cpcfsx.jpg

http://i36.tinypic.com/2znsgtl.jpg
Old Dec 20, 2008, 9:14 pm

Programs: SAS EuroBonus, LH M&M, Finnair Plus, SPG Preferred Plus
SFO Domestic to Internation walkway open

Just an FYI.....

I was just told a couple days ago it was going to open on December 24th. But if it opens on the 23rd, I wouldn't mind that either.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by UAX@SFO
I was just told a couple days ago it was going to open on December 24th. But if it opens on the 23rd, I wouldn't mind that either.
Just as long as it FINALLY opens!

First through SFO to use it should get some photos.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 12:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
So does this mean that you can now get over to the intl RCC and the IFL with out needing to go through the G-terminal security? Good news for PS F fliers I guess, though its still a long walk.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 12:58 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by adambadam
So does this mean that you can now get over to the intl RCC and the IFL with out needing to go through the G-terminal security? Good news for PS F fliers I guess, though its still a long walk.
I think so.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by adambadam
Yup, plus it should mean THE BUS IS DEAD!
Old Dec 21, 2008, 10:02 am

Amen for that walkway! I had no idea I could walk around, and hadn't stumbled upon this thread. But I was one of the last 4 to board my SFO-KIX flight because I was stuck in line waiting for that stupid bus. Then waiting to take the elevator. The walkway is very much needed and I won't be dreading my next SFO int'l connection because of it! ^
Old Dec 21, 2008, 10:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
I wonder if this bridge will allow duty free purchases for Canada flights. IIRC a long time ago there used to be a DF shop in the domestic side but its long since gone and now with the exception of the 1 flight to YVR that leaves from the intl gates you are pretty much SOL for DF purchases to Canada.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
SIN Lounge

Does this mean we can try to get into the SIN SK lounge when we're departing on UA domestic (based on *G status)? I think the domestic no lounge restriction is only for RCC. But if it's available I'll be they'll start turning us all away (even intl).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.