Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "United (fka. Red Carpet) Club Access Questions" Thread 2011 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "United (fka. Red Carpet) Club Access Questions" Thread 2011 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2011, 6:07 pm
Senior Moderator
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.

The original thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...merged-68.html went back to 2006 and has a lot of out-dated information, esp. in the earlier posts.

With the new year -- and a new name for the RCCs coming in the future -- time for this new thread. Ocn Vw 1K, for the United forum moderators.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I know that *G + "same day international itinerary" gets RCC access, but does it matter if you've already completed the international segment? When I fly LHR-ORD-SFO, do I get RCC access when I re-clear security at ORD? For that matter, would I get it on arrival at SFO?

If it matters, I'm flying UA C, but let's say I was on CO Y instead.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 7:16 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SFOSpiff
I know that *G + "same day international itinerary" gets RCC access, but does it matter if you've already completed the international segment? ...
no -- truly is same day

...When I fly LHR-ORD-SFO, do I get RCC access when I re-clear security at ORD? ...
yes

...For that matter, would I get it on arrival at SFO? ...
no -- also need to be departing on a *A flight to get RCC access
Old Jan 6, 2011, 7:30 pm

Just got PC membership, flying DL out of HNL, do I need a UA/CO BP to access HNL RCC (now that HNL PC closed) with PC card?

Thanks

Just wanted to bump this....

Got an email from UA RCC saying all I need to visit HNL RCC is my PC card but on 01/01/11 I was asked for a BP... which I had on CO/UA code share.

Has anyone not flying on UA/CO had any problems getting into HNL RCC simply with PC card?

Mahalo

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 7, 2011 at 1:28 pm
Old Jan 6, 2011, 9:13 pm

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, MH Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
RCC access in SFO

Hi. I'm new here so I apologise in advance if my questions are stupid.
I'm very confused by the different access criteria into the RCC lounges. I'll be flying from SFO to SYD via LAX in May in business class. Will I get access to the RCC at terminal 3 in SFO? I know that a simple Domestic First ticket is not enough to get in but what if I'm connecting to an international long-haul flight in LAX (in business)?
Old Jan 6, 2011, 10:43 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by doctorjosh
...I'm very confused by the different access criteria into the RCC lounges. I'll be flying from SFO to SYD via LAX in May in business class. Will I get access to the RCC at terminal 3 in SFO? I know that a simple Domestic First ticket is not enough to get in but what if I'm connecting to an international long-haul flight in LAX (in business)?
yes
Old Jan 6, 2011, 10:52 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by tdowl5757
Just wanted to bump this....

Got an email from UA RCC saying all I need to visit HNL RCC is my PC card but on 01/01/11 I was asked for a BP... which I had on CO/UA code share.

Has anyone not flying on UA/CO had any problems getting into HNL RCC simply with PC card?

Mahalo
Your PC card will get you in, no worries.

Aloha.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 10:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I'm very confused by the different access criteria into the RCC lounges. I'll be flying from SFO to SYD via LAX in May in business class. Will I get access to the RCC at terminal 3 in SFO? I know that a simple Domestic First ticket is not enough to get in but what if I'm connecting to an international long-haul flight in LAX (in business)?
I can definitely say yes because I just did that exact same thing last week. Visited the T3 RCC then flew SFO-LAX in F to connect to LAX-SYD in C.

You can also use the RCC in LAX T7 but I didn't find it as nice as the SFO RCC.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 12:30 am

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, MH Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
I can definitely say yes because I just did that exact same thing last week. Visited the T3 RCC then flew SFO-LAX in F to connect to LAX-SYD in C.

You can also use the RCC in LAX T7 but I didn't find it as nice as the SFO RCC.
Thanks so much for that! Nice to know I've got lounge access in SFO now.

I'm flying in F from SYD to SFO and I'm trying to work out whether the NZ lounge is better or the SQ lounge is better. From what I've read so far, it looks like the NZ lounge is better than even the F lounge from SQ in SYD. Can anybody confirm this or offer an opinion?
Old Jan 7, 2011, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by COSPILOT

Aloha.
Thanks!
Old Jan 7, 2011, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
yes
In addition, you are eligible to receive 2 drink chits at the gateway city (ie, LAX). You shouldn't be eligible for them in SFO, but you can definitely ask. You never know. At worst, they say no.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by gobluetwo
In addition, you are eligible to receive 2 drink chits at the gateway city (ie, LAX). You shouldn't be eligible for them in SFO, but you can definitely ask. You never know. At worst, they say no.
Are they still providing drink chits? I thought that stopped with the limited "complimentary" beverages change.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
drink chits are "dead"
Old Jan 7, 2011, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott/SPG Plat
Originally Posted by COSPILOT

Aloha.
This is correct, and they may be asking for your BP as a second form of "ID" - if you hand your RCC card plus a license when you're not flying *A, you'll be good to go no questions asked.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Are they still providing drink chits? I thought that stopped with the limited "complimentary" beverages change.
I was offered drink chits at the SFO RCC a couple weeks ago. Not sure why...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.